Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 09:56:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Petition For New Sims2 EP  (Read 22247 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2010, 05:45:39 pm »

I hang out over at the BioWare forums. I mostly read and watch video's. I'm learning without having to ask questions. But, I did ask one or two. Anyhoo, the people that complain about EA over there is remarkable. It's almost like any Sims forum.

I have yet to complain. I'm so freaking grateful I have a game I enjoy playing, other than, the Sims. Both I got with my unemployment. The third game I'm getting for Christmas....Late.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
minkey

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2010, 07:20:58 pm »

I actually had more problems with the sims 2 than I have ever experienced with the sims 3,mainly because it's the CC and hacks that trash the game,I know from experience.Besides,I still play the sims 2 on rare occasions,but I merely like the sims 3 better.The open neighbourhood and no loading screens are fantastic,the graphics are more realistic and the endless customization is amazing. I don't understand why people complain about rabbit holes so much,in the sims 2 when it came to go to work they just got into their cars and dissapeared,so doesn't that make the whole world a rabbit hole? Besides,any intelligent human being couldn't compare something to one thing that has been out 6 years,with 8 EPs,8 SPs,to something that has been out 1 year with 2 EP's and 1 SP.I remember when the Sims 2 forums were in full swing,everyone complained about how "borked"that game was too at the time,so now all of a sudden the sims 2 has no problems? Really?
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2010, 07:57:28 pm »

Each to their own. But, Sims 2 didn't need to have updated patches bi-weekly or however often Pescado has to make an updated version of Awesomemod. I'm not saying the game didn't have its problems and if you're trying to infer that I did say that, then you are sadly mistaken. It just seems to me and a good many others that Sims 3 has more problems than should be acceptable to the people that shell out hard-earned money in this day and age.

EA wanted folks to be able to make custom content for Sims 2, so they pretty much left it open to be modded. Such is not the case for Sims 3. From the standpoint of someone that makes content for the Sims 2 game, I much prefer something I don't have to fight with and pray that it won't break people's games when I put it out for download.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2010, 08:11:49 pm »

Hmm. My experience has been the opposite. Any problems people found with TS2, I found, was usually because they weren't careful with what they downloaded and didn't make sure mods were compatible with new EPs or they didn't read the instructions properly, not because of a failure with the game. There's certainly a good amount of that same issue in the TS3, but the game really is broken. True, there were glitches that had to be patched with the TS2, but you'll notice they only had to release one patch per EP, not one every week or so.

Even without using any mods or cc, I had to uninstall and reinstall TS3 more times in the year it has been released than I ever did in the years I played TS2. My eighth uninstall was my last. I haven't even been tempted to try again. It's a glitchy monstrosity made even glitchier by the patches, whereas the three times I had to reinstall my Sims 2 game was because of things unrelated to the game (twice due to hard drive failure and once because I got a completely new computer).

Also, I have a big issue with the way they're pushing out the SPs and EPs for TS3. In a year they've released two EPs and a SP and have a new EP coming out as well as a SP (I believe). They don't seem to be taking the time to properly test them and get the bugs out. Instead they're letting the public do their beta testing for them. It would be one thing if they asked people to sign up for beta testing, like some other games do, but they're not. They're releasing them as ready EPs and getting us to pay for the privilege of beta testing. I'd happily take one EP and one SP a year if it meant they were releasing a more stable product. I know there are some people who have had no problems, but they're few and far between.

There are fun things about TS3 and you won't hear me deny that. I enjoyed the tomb exploring in WA and the new jobs in Ambitions, but I prefer the Sims 2 by far. I know they won't ever release a new EP or SP for TS2 and I'm fine with it.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 08:27:05 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2010, 08:24:14 pm »

If one isn't careful to check for compatibility of mods with Sims 2, you can stop or crash the game-but once it does it once or twice, you start becoming more careful about installing mods. I've got 250 different modifying hacks and tweaks in my game, but I've been very cautious to check them against one another-and it hasn't crashed yet.
True, it can grind to a halt if you have houses or content that doesn't work, but you find it quickly enough-and I haven't had to reinstall the game at all since 2008, even with new EP's. That says a lot about the stability and hardiness of the game itself.
I could never imagine uninstalling and reinstalling a game countless times to just play it for a few hours. I'd throw it out the window-or in the trash bin. It's shameful the way EA is just cranking the stuff out without checking or testing it, and they're going to pay a huge price eventually by word of mouth and reputation loss.
On the original question though-EA has literally abandoned Sims 2, and we're probably better off for it-because they don't have the original studio that made it in place-and I wouldn't trust the staff they do have to write code that won't grind your computer to a standstill. See what they do with Sims 3? Do you think we could trust them to do better than that for Sims 2? No way.
In other words, EA has become totally greedy and incompetent.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2010, 03:53:56 am »

I've not gone to the step to start putting any CC for Sims 3, simply because it's a totally new system. Both the putting in CC, and the "does this match to my combination of EPs, or that patch, or conflict with that base mod or..." Well - it confuses me... I still have very few glitches with Sims 2 with no CC in. And I've not patched anything yet. I've had some serious glitches already with Sims 3, and that's without CC. No patches ther, either - but EA should do Beta testing on the patches too, considering how much damage they sometimes do. Granted, I've managed without CC so far, because of the patterns - but meshes do become boring fast, and EA isn't known for giving us a lot of options, exactly...

CC is easy for Sims 2. Just make sure you've got the correct EPs and you're ready to go. If something crash, it conflicts with another mod - and very rarely the game itself. As long as you have the right EPs and SPs, you can download and use pretty much anything when it comes to other CC. I've got all of them, so I only have to worry if they're older mods. My game is full of CC, and I get crashes very rarely. Usually only with conflicting mods, memory troubles (all EPs + 15-20 GB of CC is quite a lot...), or borked CC. Rarely difficult to figure out what's wrong.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2010, 11:24:45 am »

I agree with MaryH. What good is having the TS2 back if there's a chance it could totally ruin the epicness of the game? I always hang onto the tiny hope Will Wright will see how badly this new "creator" has messed up his beloved game and swoop in and fix it. But unfortunately, this isn't a fairytale...

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2010, 12:07:51 pm »

When Will sold the franchise to EA, he lost any and all say into what goes into the games. Even if he were to protest all that has been done, it would do no good because once the money was in his hand, he lost any right to advise the company on what to put in or leave out or to gripe about what happens with his brainchild.

fraroc

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2010, 08:40:06 pm »

I think that EA should lose the rights to the sims franchise.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2010, 09:20:15 pm »

There's no way that is going to happen, unless they sell it to a rival company. Are you really that ignorant to think they're going to do something like that, after all of the money that has rolled into the company's bank account through the years from this franchise? Keep dreaming. They're going to keep on milking this cash cow until she drops to her knees and then they'll make whatever they can out of it, but they are never going to give it up unless the company rides the ragged edge of going broke. I don't see that happening, they've got their nasty fingers into too many pies for that to happen. No, we're stuck with EA owning the Sims and there's not a damn thing we can do about it.

Hammie
Nervous Subject

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2010, 04:24:57 pm »

^ I guess it's just time to except the ugly truth. EA really messed it up, didn't they? With how realistic things became in Apartment Life, I had high hopes for Sims 3. Not so much anymore, and I'm not exactly holding my breath for the release of The Sims 4. I've given up on any new Sims games...Oh, well. It was fun while it lasted.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 04:30:15 pm by Ienjoyhamsandwiches » Logged

I'm currently inactive here, find me over on Garden of Shadows instead.
zombie
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2010, 02:41:20 pm »

I actually had more problems with the sims 2 than I have ever experienced with the sims 3,mainly because it's the CC and hacks that trash the game,I know from experience.Besides,I still play the sims 2 on rare occasions,but I merely like the sims 3 better.The open neighbourhood and no loading screens are fantastic,the graphics are more realistic and the endless customization is amazing. I don't understand why people complain about rabbit holes so much,in the sims 2 when it came to go to work they just got into their cars and dissapeared,so doesn't that make the whole world a rabbit hole? Besides,any intelligent human being couldn't compare something to one thing that has been out 6 years,with 8 EPs,8 SPs,to something that has been out 1 year with 2 EP's and 1 SP. I remember when the Sims 2 forums were in full swing,everyone complained about how "borked"that game was too at the time,so now all of a sudden the sims 2 has no problems? Really?

I'm sorry, I respect your love for sims 3 but I gotta address those three things I put in bold.

1. Any problems regarding custom content on sims 2 is probably from too much CC or not getting them from a reliable source. But it's mostly due to too much CC. So any CC related screw ups were most likely your fault Tongue

2. NO! You know how many times I zoom out for a few seconds on TS3 and zoom back in to see my sims or their house lookin like melted wax or not being able to even seen in their house for almost 20 seconds? Never in my life have I seen choppier graphics in a recent video game, let alone, the sims!

3. I can't speak for everybody but The Sims 2 was enjoyable for me without any of the CC or expansion packs. I didn't have any EP's whatsoever until Bon Voyage came out. Now I have all 8 EP's and lovin every second of them. Though I'd still be fine without any of my CC or EP's. Cheats on the other hand...can't live without em' lol. The sims 3 wasn't enjoyable for me until I practically drowned it in Custom Content
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 02:49:23 pm by Aquarius » Logged

http://dragcave.net/view/FQZT<<<< clickety click click

*Moderation Note:  Only 1 image may be used for signatures.  Must be no larger than 250w x 50h pixels.*
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2010, 02:58:34 pm »

This thread is getting a bit derailed (and I admit I had my part in that). There is a thread here already for discussing your preference of one game over another, so can we keep that side of this discussion there please? The OP posted this thread regarding a petition for a new Sims 2 EP.

As much as we may all love the Sims 2, the likelihood of a new EP or SP for it is pretty much non existent and we may as well accept that. They abandoned Sims 1 when Sims 2 came out and they're doing the same now that Sims 3 is out. As long as we have creators creating for The Sims 2, there will be new things for us to enjoy.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2010, 04:33:44 pm »

I have a better idea: why not just close this thread for now? I think its run its course. We've all said what needs to be said, really, and I'd rather not see this descend into a brawl.

As it is, I can already start to smell smoke.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: