Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 10:00:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Phone Error  (Read 1592 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Mousegirl

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2010, 12:02:04 pm »

My couison has the same error I had a looong time ago, Every time there's a phone on the lot, and she tries to use it [same with cellphones] an error pops up, She tried the mod conflict thing, but nothing poped up.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 12:38:31 pm »

Well, I say this a lot regarding HCDU, but one more time won't hurt. Wink

The HCDU is a great starting point for finding possible conflicts, but there is a caveat. The program isn't guaranteed to find conflicts. What it does is find mods that change the same behaviors and, thus, have the potential to conflict. This doesn't necessarily mean they will. It's a great place to start though, because if you're having a problem, you can start by pulling out the mods the HDCU lists and hope it will solve things.

Conversely, if it doesn't list any potential conflicts, it doesn't mean they're aren't any. Just that it couldn't find any. At that point, the best course of action to take is to pull out all hacks/mods and hunt down the conflicting file the long way. Hopefully your cousin has them all in subfolders. It could also be a bad file hiding in the Downloads folder, which will mean hunting through its entire contents (for which I recommend the 50/50 method).

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Mousegirl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 01:43:57 pm »

I told her what I did when I fixed my game, take them all out and put them back in, one at a time, it turned out to be my inteen that was messing it up, I wonder if I downloaded the wrong inteen

*Edit: She'll have to wait till she's home though...She forgot her sims 2 game
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 08:51:23 pm »

A long time ago, there was a custom cell phone skin that messed with using phones in general.  I've also seen similar problems with using an outdated "phonehack."

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: