Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 08:07:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Sims 2 vs. Sims 3!!  Which one do you like better and why???
Sims 2 - 42 (91.3%)
Sims 3 - 4 (8.7%)
Total Voters: 46

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims 2 or Sims 3?  (Read 23389 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 08:31:25 pm »

I think my post here says it all. Wink

Edit: Let's not drag the Sims 2 or Sims 3 discussion into that thread, but keep it here, OK? Thanks.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

I used to be as mad as a hatter

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 08:32:45 pm »

Definantely sims 2 still. I play sims 3 a fair bit too but.
But Sims 2 is by far my favourite.

No more hiding
Don't be afraid of what's inside
Anytime anybody pulls you down
Anytime anybody says you're not allowed
Just remember you are not alone
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2010, 04:01:32 am »

I love how people complain about the "ugly puddings"in the sims 3,Sims 2 sims only look good coated in CC

The problem is that it's a hundred times more difficult to make sims 3 sims look good however much you coat them in CC. They look bulky, their faces like clay, and their crazy face expressions don't make things better. Toddlers and children looks horrible, and the babies are gross...

With a new skintone and a cute hair, you can make any sims 2 sim look pretty. With the right skintone, the babies looks adorable, and with the right genes, you get such cute kids and toddlers.
I've got a default replacement skintone installed in Sims 2, and it takes a lot for the sims to actually look ugly.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
minkey

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2010, 06:21:03 am »

I personally think that it verges on the rude side to call ALL sims 3 sims ugly,a lot of people put time and effort into these creations.Besides,in my opinion sims 2 players tend to be on the shallow side,photoshoots? Sometimes I think they have their fantasy/reality blurred a little
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2010, 06:39:24 am »

I don't think all sims 3 sims are ugly.. but I can still see where Raven is coming from.

The sims in sims 3 are a bit more bulky then the other games.. and lets be honest.. the babies are quite ugly.

But sims 2 players shallow? I don't think we/they are. They have sims 3 photoshoots as well.

No more hiding
minkey

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2010, 07:51:41 am »

I actually don't mind the babies.but I will say that I didn't mean to sound rude,I meant that sometimes the simming community in general(be it 2 or 3)can sometimes be a little shallow.I doubt if EA(Maxis,whatever)intended the sims games to be all about looks,that disturbs me a little,a game should be about having fun,a little escape from reality,I don't like bringing the reality to my game.
Glamily
A Tad Bit Glittery

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2010, 07:59:24 am »

Tongue As my dad likes to say, different strokes for different folks.
When you put it like that.. I spose we can be a bit shallow with our sims. But you gotta face it, sometimes, the looks are the best bits.
I agree with you a bit there also. I don't like too realistic sims. But the looks of the sims matter most to me because I don't really bother with houses or furniture. All my houses look the same unless I really strive towards making them look different.

No more hiding
minkey

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2010, 09:47:29 am »

Yeah,I also hate furnishing or building houses for both games,architecture just isn't my thing,or interior decorating for that matter
Aquarius

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2010, 11:07:36 am »

Sometimes I think they have their fantasy/reality blurred a little

I'm sorry, I was under the impression that one of the greatest things about the Sims was that it allowed you to let your immagination(or as you put it, fantasy) and mix it with the reality that the game tries to simulate. And trust me, most sims 2 players aren't as shallow as you think. We just have high expectations after the greatness that was sims 2 and the sims 3 was kinda like a big spit in the face from EA who thinks their fans don't know a deterioration of quality and effort when we see it. It's like going to a small family bakery and the food is delicious and then it gets taken over by a big corporation, the food looks nicer and more expensive but it just doesn't taste that great anymore
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 11:19:24 am by Aquarius » Logged

http://dragcave.net/view/FQZT<<<< clickety click click

*Moderation Note:  Only 1 image may be used for signatures.  Must be no larger than 250w x 50h pixels.*
DaSpecial1
Spamcake in Disguise

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2010, 03:05:17 pm »

Skip the blurred lines my sims should imitate reality in the simlish way they were made to.  How close to reality or fantasy you want your sims to be reflects personal preference and has nothing to do with your rl character.  Many times I play a family and they do things I didn't expect (which I love) and I think "Gee that would have made a great story," but I don't have the time in my rl to both play and write stories. I give props to those that make the effort.  I will say I have never gotten the urge to turn any sims 3 plot into a story--the game designs their hollow lives.

The awesomeness of TS2 (for me) is the realism. Not OMG I think it's my life realism, I assume we all know the difference...but say if I have an elf in the game I want it to look like one (thank heavens for the creators that made in-game elves, fairies, etc possible).  I want the theme of my sims to match my desires for the particular style I'm  playing at the time.  The realistic looks, actions and attitudes (albeit often over the top Titter) are what hooked me.  The sims 2 community & its creators--the real people who made the game playable and keep it awesome, that's what keeps me.

I have sims 3.  Much as I like the sims I create in cas they ARE awful compared to TS2.  There's no real relationship building, everything is all about collecting, raking in money, or both. There's simply nothing there to hold my interest for long. I always find myself asking why didn't EA just tweak TS2?  They had so many loyal simmers to give them imput.  Then I leave S3 and go back to my real sim world Cheesy.

Saying sims 3 sims are butt-ugly is just an opinion.  Unless someone is personally looking at your offered creation and commenting negatively or you personally work for EA I don't quite get calling that opinion rude.  Of course, I would hope EA is above insults like "your game sucks and your sims are fugly," and would take action to remedy what people are complaining about (And then she woke up from that dream Giggle).

Sims by Dasi:

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2010, 03:44:09 pm »

I personally think that it verges on the rude side to call ALL sims 3 sims ugly,a lot of people put time and effort into these creations.Besides,in my opinion sims 2 players tend to be on the shallow side,photoshoots? Sometimes I think they have their fantasy/reality blurred a little

As has been stated, calling the Sims 3 sims ugly is an opinion, not a fact, so it's no more rude than, for example, saying liver and onions is hideous. Now, if you ask me, calling people shallow because they like to pose their sims and do photo shoots is crossing the line between stating an opinion and being insulting. You're saying everyone who likes to take pictures for contests, stories or just for fun is superficial and lacking in depth and knowledge. You don't know anyone here well enough to be able to make that generalization. Photo shoots for whatever reason may not be your cup of tea and that's fine. You can claim you meant the simming community in general, but it still doesn't justify it. It's still an insult. Besides, in your first post, which I quoted above, you specifically say Sims 2 players are shallow. There is nothing wrong with wanting to play a game that looks good.

If you prefer the Sims 3, then that's fine. You can. It's your prerogative. If you don't like realistic sims, or fantasy sims, that's your prerogative too. Some people love the cartoon-like quality of the Sims 3 while others don't. You can have your opinion without calling people names. 

minkey

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2010, 07:09:56 pm »

But you guys are not comparing vanilla games,sims 2 sims look awful without CC skin,hair,eyes and face templates.I am not trying to be insulting,I am stating an opinion,just because it is unpopular on this site doesn't mean that I deserve to get flamed.The only things people want to talk about is the CC when it comes to the sims 2,where are the sims made with EA only content on this site?(or any,for that matter)I just see ones decked out with CC
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 07:16:42 pm by minkey » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2010, 08:01:49 pm »

I use a default skin replacement and eye replacements, but still use the face templates the game came with and I think I manage to make some OK looking sims in spite of this fact. You see the same thing in Sims 3, minkey. No matter which game you talk about, you will find Sims uploaded and made with custom content and/or some sort of default replacement.  

Besides, I, personally, have never said I had an issue with the appearance of the sims in either game. I certainly had things I wasn't overly fond of, but I could over look them. No, my issue, as I have stated, was the game's performance and stability. My Sims 2 game, filled to bursting with custom content, works better and more reliably than my Sims 3 game, with no custom content, ever did.

Now, to make it clear, my issue with your post wasn't with you stating your opinion about the way any sim in any game looked. It was with you calling Sims 2 players shallow. Keep name calling out of it, and we're fine.

The OP asked us which game we prefer and if she should still make Sims 2 content and we're answering her and stating our opinions. No one's telling you you're wrong for preferring Sims 3. You came in here, called us shallow and told us we were blurring the line between fantasy and reality and we're reacting to it.

Now, can we please get this topic back on track?

« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 08:14:15 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2010, 08:11:03 pm »

I don't know. personally, I like them both. When I first got Sims 3 back in August 09 for my birthday, I hated it. Now that EA's released patches to fix the game, OMG, I like it so much better.

I don't know. I really enjoy the poseboxes in Sims 2 and there are so many CC creating possibilities. Far more than Sims 3. I sometimes think maybe Maxis did that on purpose for Sims 3 to maybe end the conflict about paysites. What do you guys think? I mean, think about it, a lot of things were eliminated like recoloring roflmao.

PS: I really like the sim in your avatar, Joy. Is he from your game?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2010, 08:17:31 pm »

Why, thank you. Yes, he is. That's Gino. Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: