Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 02:30:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Update failiure  (Read 2100 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Mousegirl

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2010, 06:32:58 pm »

Hello there again...

This time it's an installing problem, I've ran the disks that won't run twice already, and there's no scratches on the backs of them or anything, But everytime I try to install H&M fashion stuff, and free time, this comes up  'the update process did not complealete successfully, intallation will now terminate'

Is it possible for programs lile sims 2 installer cleaner to cause this problem?
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 06:49:34 pm »

The Clean Installer has nothing to do with the Sims 2 CD installs, and does install to a different path, so no, it should not cause any installation problems. None of those separate programs should cause any problems.

As for the installation problems... are you installing them in the correct order? The wrong order could cause problems.
BG, Uni, NL, Happy holiday 05, OFB, FFS, GL, Pets, Happy holiday 05/06, Seasons, celebrations, H&M, BV, TSS, FT, K&B, Ikea, AL, MG (depending on which fo them you have, of course).

And there could be other problems. SecuRom, for instance. Scratches you don't see. Files not correctly deleted when uninstalling.

Try to uninstall all the games, and re-install (if this isn't what you're doing already).

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Mousegirl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 07:12:08 pm »

Oo; you have to do them in order? [if you've got all of them] Wow...Never thought about that...
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 07:51:47 pm »

Yes, it's always advisable to install them in order of release date and patch as you go. For example, Install Sims 2 base game and then patch, then NL and it's patch and so on.

A mistake people often make is to assume when the you get the message about the game ensuring your installing is up-to-date (or something like that), it means the patch is automatically being installed. It's not. You have to do that manually.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Mousegirl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 02:47:34 pm »

ah, alright, thanks everyone Smiley I've got 'em reinstalled, cept for two of them more cause I don't have enough disk space ><; I need to get a external hard drive or something
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: