Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 10:35:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Nightlife garage and tutorial  (Read 30400 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ilikefishfood

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2005, 07:04:15 pm »

Yes please, Steve!

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2005, 07:15:37 pm »

Hey, that's really neat, Steve.  I am interested.

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
maniac19642003
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2005, 02:23:29 am »

For those who wanna try Steve's underground garage tutorial but cant wait, here is the one I found over on MikeInside's side before: http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?&asset_id=4724&asset_type=story&user_id=136631&defTab=blog&showFrames=-1
steveuk

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2005, 04:49:01 am »

Thanks for the link Maniac, unfortunately this technique will not work for a working 'Nightlife' garage. I have some bits to do but will try to post a quickie method  :lol:  sometime later today.

Ok, here is the tutorial.  I tried posting it earlier but there were some resizing issues with the site so hopefully it will upload now.
This tutorial is in word as I completed it on my laptop....sorry but maybe some kind soul could convert to pdf, html etc
Any problems or questions then please reply to this thread or pm me.

UPDATE: I have added an HTML version for those without microsoft word.

* steveuk_garage_tutorial_133.rar (1327.28 KB - downloaded 1603 times.)
* steveuk_html_garage_tutorial_129.rar (2032.79 KB - downloaded 1309 times.)
steveuk

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2005, 04:29:11 am »

Here are a couple of pictures showing a Georgian style? double fronted house which is not quite finished (in fact there is not many I do completely finish) :lol:  I have placed two garages this time.
If you use a sloping drive for your house, you should place the car/s inside the garage when you buy them. As I explained in my tutorial, there are no animations for vehicles to tranverse slopes so it looks kind of wierd when they turn in and reverse out.

There is also a way to build a garage on an upward slope. I do not see any benefit of doing this though and you cannot ajoin that sort of garage/drive to a house with foundations (at the moment).
I hope this thread helps the more inventive of you house builders out there.

* angle_196.jpg (247.7 KB, 600x450 - viewed 1003 times.)

* front_105.jpg (86.09 KB, 600x450 - viewed 1048 times.)
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2005, 08:11:45 am »

Awesome!  I'm diggin' that!

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
Teresa

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2005, 10:54:12 am »

Very nice looking house and thanks for the tutorial Steve Cheesy

I came upon a concrete ball which triangles in the wind!

Check out this wonderfull site... link below

http://www.insimenator.net/

Make a Difference and Give a child a Hug!
CharleeRose

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2005, 02:52:55 pm »

Thanks Steve! I can't wait to give this a try... I just hope it will let me put that last bit of foundation between the garage wall and the starting foundation.... it has yet to work for me, but I'll try your way exactly and see. ::crosses fingers::

Thanks again!

The mind is the only edge tool that sharpens with each use.
steveuk

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2005, 07:35:50 am »

Quote from: CharleeRose
Thanks Steve! I can't wait to give this a try... I just hope it will let me put that last bit of foundation between the garage wall and the starting foundation.... it has yet to work for me, but I'll try your way exactly and see. ::crosses fingers::

Thanks again!

If you try to extend the foundations thereby making them longer than the garage walls you will not be able to place them.  I have not tested the size difference yet as I was away but will do so and post the result here.  If you keep the foundation the same size as the garage wall you should have no problem. Good luck with that.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

UPDATE: I have tried some various combinations and it seems that you cannot extend the foundation next to the garage more than one square past the garage door.  This is not really a problem though as the next row of foundations can be extended as much as space allows.
SimMoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2005, 11:51:38 am »

SteveUK that house looks fantastic! I love the garage! Thank you so much for the tutorial. I have downloaded it and plan to try this myself.

:wink: Ever think about offering that lot as a download?

SimMoon

[/size]

SimMoon
Happy Holidays!
Easy Recipes
steveuk

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2005, 03:31:29 pm »

Quote from: SimMoon
[size=14]SteveUK that house looks fantastic! I love the garage! Thank you so much for the tutorial. I have downloaded it and plan to try this myself.

:wink: Ever think about offering that lot as a download?

SimMoon

Hi SimMoon

I just saw this post  :shock:  Unfortunately the house your referring too was bulldozed by my daughter  :cry: but I have uploaded a couple of houses to this site, one which is similar and also one on TSR.

Thanks for the comments and if you need any help just pm me or post in the thread.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2005, 08:31:39 pm »

Quote from: steveuk
Quote from: ilikefishfood
I read on another board that according to a Maxoid, diveways cannot be placed while the move_objects on cheat is on.

Thats correct  :wink:

Please tell me that the wink is a metaphor for "like for sure you can use the moveobjects cheat" because l'il ole moi has been using it to place driveway extenders all over the Veronaville Horror where I could not place an actual driveway piece and in each instance my Simmies get in and drive their cars. They may not back out onto the street but they teleport to the road and then putter off. I found out that the cheat works when I was trying to see if I could rotate the drivaway to another angle. I saw a thread about doing this but I was Simchallenged and gave up when I saw that I could place the extender without the drive!

Okay, redundancy over!

Steve a bit too late but I have to tell you your houses are brilliant.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
ORU1990
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2006, 03:56:26 pm »

DOES ANY KNOW HOW TO BUILD A GARAGE IN THE CORNER SO THAT YOU CAN DRIVE IN FROM THE SIDE STREET THAT DOES NOT HAVE YOUR TRASHCAN AND MAILBOX.  NOT ALL HOMES HAVE FRONT DRIVEWAY ENTRANCE,

* lc46841.gif (30.54 KB, 432x462 - viewed 747 times.)

* lc34547.gif (25.23 KB, 432x322 - viewed 883 times.)
pbrock16@yahoo.com
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2006, 05:03:32 pm »

I think it looks very nice
andrewtulley
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2006, 03:40:52 am »

how do i connect a garage to a house with foundations
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: