Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 07:46:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: x  (Read 6898 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
edinfresno

View Profile
x
« on: September 27, 2010, 03:53:39 am »

x

« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 10:19:11 am by edinfresno » Logged
Zorom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 05:03:50 am »

Maybe you could post it in the actual thread? I cant download things on my comp at the mo' but it sounds quite good! I really want to read it.  Cheesy

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 05:14:57 am »

And people are often sceptic to downloading random programmes that needs installing...

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
edinfresno

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 01:24:03 am »

The reason the story's in cbz format is because it's about 386 "pages" (each page being a panel in the story). The reason it is in cbz format is for *ease of downloading and reading*. Now to answer the person who said "there are people who are skeptical of downloading and installing programs".. LOL!! Are yo *sure* you're a Simmer? Simmers download and install CC and Sims optional programs all the time. It's part of being a Simmer. Hey, if you want to really read the files download and install the program and then download the story files and read them in the recommended way. I spent far too much time and energy creating these stories for *you* to enjoy for free. Ta for now! Enjoy the stories! Cheesy
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 01:56:16 am »

First, reluctance to download a file or program does not mean a person is not a real simmer, it just means they are cautious. In today's age, it always pays to be careful. What does downloading and installing cc in a format we are all familiar with and know the pitfalls of have to do with downloading an unfamiliar program to read your story? That's a little like handing me a paper bag and calling it the Grand Canyon. One is definitely not the other and implying someone isn't a real simmer because of a reluctance to download the CDisplay Digital Comic Book Reader is just a bit uncalled for.

I understand you probably put a lot of work into this, but you need to be aware it's unlikely a lot of people are going to be willing to download and install a program to their computer just to read one story, no matter how good it promises to be. If we're going to use your cc comparison here, yes people utilize programs like SimPE to install cc, but it's for a wide array of cc, not just one piece. Hopefully that makes some sense.

Now, I'm not saying you have to upload this in a different format, I'm just warning you of the distinct possibility you won't get the readership you were hoping for.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 02:17:49 am »

Exactly. I've been downloading stuff for my game for years now, and know much of what to expect, like which filetypes are safe, and how to install quirky filetypes like S2 pack files and such. It was not like that in the beginning, when I was sceptical to pretty much everything - but that's 4 or so years back.

I do have SimPE installed, but I needed it to make stuff for sims, and was recommended it from several other players who had tried and used it.

After installing Sims 3, however, I feel my old scepticism coming back. Now I've got no clue what is best or safest to use, and so far I don't have CC for it at all...

I'm always sceptical when installing a new programme on my computer, especially the type "here is a link you probably don't recognize, but click on it anyway". After getting a big load of troubles with a programme I should never have installed on my laptop when I was younger and slightly more naive, I'm even more careful. I don't install programmes I know don't really need, and which might potentially be harmful to my computer, unless reading up on it, checking what other people say, and so on. So installing a programme I've never even heard of, just to read a story I've got no expectations to? Not me, no.

Maybe you would gain some readers if you post some of the story here, in writing and/or pictures? If people don't have a clue what to expect, they're even less likely to download and read. If they expect too much at first, but are disappointed by the quality (for instance) when they finally get to read the story, they will feel cheated.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 02:28:07 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 09:19:14 pm »

You could always try uploading it to Mediafire, unlimited bandwidth and occasional down time however, a great deal of my friends do that. Or you could sign-up for a free website at Webs.com. I use that web host for my stories and my CC and it works out great! I pay to have a little more bandwidth because I host tons of CC but when my website was just devoted to my stories, it was well more than enough Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: