Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 08:48:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims Becoming Popular at the Price of No Privacy Period  (Read 2078 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kinnika

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2010, 11:34:55 am »

I'm in trouble. I downloaded the cheat mailbox for OFB. It's a great tool, however, it came with NO instructions for any cheat it comes with! I have no idea what any of cheats really do. So I decided experiment. I found that choosing the cheat "Make me know everyone" really means, "Have my phone ring off the hook constantly night and day. Allow me no free time to deal with quiet, deal with daily chores and make me starve because everyone won't leave me alone."

I want this to be reversed somehow. It's no fun playing the family out when the phone is constantly ringing and the worst part is, I can't seem to get my family members to ignore the dang thing because it's an automatic response. What can I do to reverse this cheat? Please, someone help. I really would like to give my Sims their privacy back. From now on, I'm going to make my Sims popular the good old-fashioned way... meet Sims through the Sim itself.

Also, if anyone would have an idea about where I can find the instructions or details on what those cheats mean or what they do ~ please let me know where I can find them. That would be much appreciated so I don't run into problems with yet another one of those cheats. Thanks in advance.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 12:06:48 pm »

Can you provide a link to the mod, please? Personally, I don't use a lot of mods in my game, so my first thought was "what mailbox"? I can't be the only one. Wink

Edit: Though a good place to start would be to ask the creator.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 01:45:58 pm »

It sounds like the mailbox is a clone that has the shift-right click cheats enabled.  There's actually no reason to use any of those cheats.  None of them benefit the sim in any meaningful way.

As far as how to undo what was done, in time the relationships will all fade away as long as you don't do anything to maintain it (sell the phone until you need to use it, then sell it back again).  SimBlender (simbology.com) has an option to reset relationships to 0/0 and to set an internal flag to "not met".  This may remove the sim from the relationship panel, I don't rightly recall.  Doing that for all the neighborhood sims, or even using SimPE if you're familiar with it, would be a lengthy process though.

Monique has a mod that will remove sims from your relationship panel, but I don't recall if it sets LTR/STR to 0/0.  It can be found on Insim.

Bottom line, there is no way to reverse what was done with a single switch.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 02:07:40 pm »

Can you lock the phone in a closet as a less drastic way to do what AH recommends?

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
kinnika

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 02:10:51 pm »

Hey, thanks, ancienthighway, for the tips. I'll check into some of those options. I guess I'll try the social decay on the lot. I hope the same isn't true for the cell phones ~ always ringing, at any rate.

miros1: I guess I could, but the problem with that is that whenever he / she tries to make a phone call, the dang thing just keeps ringing. So, really, I can't use the phone at my Sims' leisure.

"[T]here's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing[.]"; Hence: There are a lot of great Sims stuff out there for free that are just as good as name brands you pay for!

So please, take note: http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: