Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:36:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims Medieval  (Read 48141 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2011, 07:32:34 am »

Oh well, I have a pretty short attention span, anyway.
Decripter

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2011, 12:47:10 am »

I love it, i hate starting over after ambitions, but, the latest patch gives ya freeplay with experiance once completed.  and if a hero with kids dies, the kid grows up and takes over, kinda cool, plus if ya have a good character when ya finish ya send them to gind new kingdom, then there the monarch of yer new ambition with there items...  still...  i want more content, lol
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2011, 04:34:57 am »

Yeah, despite the bugs, it will certainly keep you busy.
midnite_stryker

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 01:49:47 am »

I got this the moment it came out and I was pretty excited. When I started playing I was amazed with the beautiful kingdom and the new interactions such as sword fighting. But soon after I got bored of it. I kept playing because I enjoyed the quests but after finishing 6-7 ambitions, all at platinum without cheating, I just couldn't hold it much longer so I finally uninstalled. Although it has a 'free play' mode after finishing the ambition, it's not like The Sims Stories where your sims age and stuff. So after each ambition I found myself just moving on to the next ambition and I almost never touch the free play mode. Like people say, the game is too short and I think it reveals too much in the first ambition. After finishing the first ambition, there are no more surprises left in the game. I wish they took it slower, like say maybe reveal only 5 characters (there are 10 in total) in the first game and slowly build up in the following ambitions. Even unlockable characters would be so much fun! Like honestly, I can nail the goals of a few ambitions in a single ambition but no, I have to do it one by one, just the same thing over and over again. In order to successfully complete an ambition with platinum status the general strategy is pretty much the same for all so it gets dull quite fast.

As for the clothing and decoratives, when I started playing I was impressed. There are unlockable items as you gain points by achieving ambitions but they're quite limited. I think my game was bugged so I missed at least 2 sets. So each time I build a new kingdom I end up using the same items over and over again so I never really spent time just decorating a room.

So it seems that this game would appeal only to a portion of The Sims fans. If you're like me as in you enjoy decorating rooms, customizing patterns, creating families and just playing around with Sims, I don't think this game would hold up very long. I just reinstalled TS3 last night and I've been downloading some interesting mods today. I missed TS3 so much!!
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2011, 05:35:12 am »

A new pirate themed EP is announced for Medieval, might be more interesting. Who knows, now that they have (apparently) gotten horses working properly in the Pets S3 EP to be released in October, maybe they will release same into Medieval. It should speed up the tedious walking around considerably, not to mention the introduction of jousting to augument the sword fighting.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: