Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 04:15:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bodyshop won't open  (Read 2721 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Maripics

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2011, 10:33:35 pm »

Firstly, sorry to the admin. about the last post. I don't saw the warning. Really sorry. So, something I can ask now. My bodyshop won't open. I'll click in the icon, it appears it's going to, but it won't. Help please?
fatedicewolf

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 11:04:40 pm »

Either it's too much CC and it takes forever to load and you have to click it a few times (or it's just the impatient me doing that lol) or you need to clear your CACHE files.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 11:06:43 pm »

It could be corrupted cache files. This will often cause the game or BS to refuse to open.

Try opening Documents>EA Games and delete any of the following you see:

groups.cache
cigen.package
content registry
accessories.cache

Don't worry if you don't see them all there. Just delete the ones present. When you reload BS or the game, new ones will be regenerated. Just be aware that it may take a bit longer for either to load as it generates these fresh copies.

Try this first. If that works, great. Problem solved. If that doesn't work, try removing anything you've recently put in your game. If that still doesn't work, then try pulling your entire Downloads folder out. If that finally works, then you have a bad piece of cc and need to start the slow process of tracking it down. Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 11:49:29 pm »

Saw in the other thread that you created and downloaded a lot of sims lately. Remove the contents of your SavedSims folder as well as deleting the cache files as per Joy's list. That might give it a kick in the pants. Sometimes having a lot of files in SavedSims will stop it from loading. Also, having a large Groups.cache will stop both Bodyshop and the game from loading. And sometimes it just takes a year and a half to even show that it is loading. Mine does that because I run Windows 7 and while my game takes 5 minutes to load, Bodyshop takes 15 to 20 minutes to even show up on the screen and then a further 5 to 10 minutes to load. So check your Task Manager - maybe it's loading and you just don't know it.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Maripics

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 06:58:02 pm »

Thanks everyone. Problem solved!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: