Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:35:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Saix-style recolor/retexture of Sshodan's "Xemnas Hair"  (Read 12544 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
HylianWolf
Resident Wolf

I'll do whatever you say...just don't take my CC

View Profile WWW
« on: August 23, 2011, 09:14:57 pm »

Hey everyone, this is HylianWolf again with another new release. First of all, thanks for all the people that make this wonderful site happen and all the creators of the content I use in my game. Now, onto the important part...

Overview:
I've been looking around for different long, slicked back hairstyles for men on a bunch of different Sims sites but a lot of them haven't really quite looked like a hairstyle Saix (from the Kingdom Hearts series if you didn't already know) would wear and it got a bit frustrating. Then I was roaming around the Sims 2 Exchange (of all places to find something >_<) and I found a Saix model sporting this hair from Sshodan. My first impression was that it looked amazing and the texture was nice. My only complaint of the color I found was that it was teal. Not at all like the blue I remember from any of the games. So after downloading various other hairs for sims that might end up wearing them, I came across a perfect blue texture from the XM Sims site. It came from Flora hair 023 I believe...So after comparing textures I decided to use it for this hair and I'm surprised it came out as well as it did. Before I did anything else, I took some screenshots and showed them to some friends and they were impressed with what I did, and needless to say I was beaming.  Smiley

Item details:
AS you already know, this is a complete retexture of the "Xemnas Hair" mesh. I have not done any alpha editing (although I was considering removing the bangs but kept them because I thought they looked interesting even though the real Saix doesn't have them) simply because this hair piece is so amazing, I didn't want to potentially butcher it. My lightning was set to medium when I took the screenshots and they lights were turned on for the inside pics. Oh, and by the way, this works for all ages.

Mesh Info: You can get the mesh here at MTS: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=197275

Misc Info:
The house used in the screenshots are one of the pre-made Maxis homes from Pleasantview. It's the one directly across from the Goth family. Living with Saix are Demyx and Xemnas himself. One might ask why i dressed Saix in the older style Organization XIII robes by LarxeneXII when Wicked Sims made a better one. Lets just say that Xemnas is the boss and he gets the best. All the items used in my Saix model are in the credits. Lastly, feel free to use this hair on other sims besides Saix if you wish. I'm sure there's a character from some anime/manga series that has a hairstyle like this that could use a fancy blue hairpiece. Thanks for taking the time to read and please feel free to comment if you really like this. Keep on Simming!! ^_^

Screenshots:

Credits:
Hair mesh by Sshodan recolored by me
Hair texture by XM Sims
Saix scar by SimGirl24
Silver ear studs by Sleepless Angel
Eyebrows by Bubbligirl
Eyes by Sunfish
Skintone by Chakaru
Organization XIII robes by LarxeneXII

* Saix Hair.RAR (162.79 KB - downloaded 1053 times.)

* Saix hair thumb.jpg (29.29 KB, 212x334 - viewed 90938 times.)
* Saix Hair Alpha Edit.RAR (253.17 KB - downloaded 1232 times.)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 09:14:11 pm by HylianWolf » Logged

PLEASE NOTE: I AM A WOLF FROM HYRULE. Also I like to mess around in BodyShop with stuff. Have a nice day Smiley

Upcoming Projects:
None

842 total downloads as of 3/19/12 @ 1:48 PM PST
Thanks for those that like my creations ^_^
HylianWolf
Resident Wolf

I'll do whatever you say...just don't take my CC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 08:39:40 pm »

Update:

Added new screenshots and .rar file with alpha edit as shown in the last 3 pics
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 08:54:51 pm by HylianWolf » Logged

PLEASE NOTE: I AM A WOLF FROM HYRULE. Also I like to mess around in BodyShop with stuff. Have a nice day Smiley

Upcoming Projects:
None

842 total downloads as of 3/19/12 @ 1:48 PM PST
Thanks for those that like my creations ^_^
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 08:47:47 pm »

As per our rules regarding attachments, you may only attach one image to your post (for the forum thumbnail view). If you want to add the alpha edit picture you are welcome to, but it must be in the body of the post with the rest.

Hi Guys

When uploading your creations, ensure that the first file you upload is the picture file, this way your thread will display the picture as a thumbnail in the section then attach your rar/zip file

IF, and only if, the thumbnail does not display then you may double-post *gasp* yes, the rabid munchkins will be banned from the upload sections when it comes to double posting in this case: attach your image file to your first post and your rar/zip file to your second post

Please remember to link all other images from photobucket, tinypic or another 3rd party hosting site - you may only upload one picture to the site

Also, when a staff member edits your post, it's for good reason, so do not edit your post to add what they have removed and wait for a post explaining their edit!

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: