Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:28:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims eyes glitch when they "smile"  (Read 8517 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« on: September 16, 2011, 12:06:44 am »

Pretty self explanatory. I've been getting this really annoying glitch where my sims eyes will go completely transparent when they smile. Here's a snapshot example of what happens.

I'm hoping someone else has experienced this nagging problem, and can direct me as to how to fix it. I already know it's NOT anything to do with CC, as I removed all CC I downloaded since the glitch started happening, ran the game, and it still happened. When I switch the sim detail to low, it doesn't happen, so that confirms it's a technical issue. My GFX has more then enough punch to handle TS2, so I'm figuring it must be something that borked on the technical end.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 12:16:28 am »

Could your drivers be out of date? I had this happen before on my old computer and updating my drivers seemed to fix it.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 07:55:21 am »

Gave it a try. Went and grabbed the latest drivers for my card, and the glitch still happens. Thanks for the insight though, Joy.

Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 01:57:29 am »

Happens to just about everyone. It looks like the eyes go transparent or roll into the back of the sim's head and then they go normal again. I don't think it happens with the Maxis default eyes, just with default replacements. Unless your sims' eyes go transparent and remain transparent without going back to normal, which would be a totally different issue altogether.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 03:23:28 am »

It's probably a bug in the smiling morph. Something similar happens to my sims, too.

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 04:59:14 am »

There's no fix for this sadly... it's always been an annoying thing for everyone since the base game apparently, with or without custom content.  It's a glaring facial morph problem that EA never corrected, because that "eye flash" is supposed to be the sim's blinking morph happening at the same time. Guess the animators and programmers were saying to themselves, "Meh, we'll either get to that later or they'll just have to put up with that... we have more important things to break fix."  Tongue

kaoz666
J.M. Pescado Supporter

IN-FRAKKIN'-CREDIBLE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 12:24:59 am »

Happens to just about everyone. It looks like the eyes go transparent or roll into the back of the sim's head and then they go normal again. I don't think it happens with the Maxis default eyes, just with default replacements. Unless your sims' eyes go transparent and remain transparent without going back to normal, which would be a totally different issue altogether.

No, they do go back to normal once the sim stops smiling. To make absolutely sure, I'm running through the long, drawn out, tedious process of seeing if a default replacement eye set snuck into my DL folder. Could be a couple days with how much CC I have...

Edit: Scratch that. I just loaded the game up with no CC and set one of my stripped down custom sims to smile, and the eyes still glitched...which proves my original theory that it's not any CC I added. But at least I now know I'm not the only person it's happened/is happening to. Oh well, guess I just have to work around it. Thanks for the feedback folks, you can close this one up.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: