Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:25:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Midwifery Custom Career Help  (Read 18114 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Pykkadilly
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 02:58:12 pm »

I clicked it.  Everything is still blank.  No buttons.  No option to change the GUID.

Here are two screenshots in one--the top one is the way the program looks--the bottom one shows which Windows are highlighted.  The Panel on the bottom is still blank.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 03:26:29 pm »

Your windows are showing up properly now.

Did you click at the OBJD resource twice (once in each window)? Pluginview won't react unless you do this.

Just a note: SimPE tends to be a bit weird if you drag-and-drop-to-open the same file twice, and refuses to show the contents of the plugin view properly. If you select "file" then "new", then open the file again, it should work.

I've got my game running, so SimPE refuses to load files, but here's your picture edited a little (without the OBJD work window, though). http://i49.tinypic.com/2qc41vl.jpg. Bad cut & paste picture (PSed some pictures together) here: http://i47.tinypic.com/xd9nyg.jpg
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 03:51:55 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pykkadilly
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 09:55:57 pm »

Thank you for continuing to stick with this...and sorry that I didn't get back to you right away--apparently the human body insists upon needing to sleep after you've been up for almost 23 hours!

I have followed the instructions that you've been kind enough to post--I click the OBJD in the Resource Tree panel, then I click the Job Data in the Resource List panel...nothing happens, so I go down and click on the Plug-In View tab below.  Everything remains blank:

Dullahan
Lady of the Hunt
Loot Looker

Ok, flex more ; )

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 09:58:14 pm »

What version of SimPE do you have? Maybe try getting the newest version.

Pykkadilly
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2012, 11:20:00 pm »

When I click on the Search for Updates option, the program shows this:

Every time I open the program, one of the first things I do is to Search for Updates.

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2012, 06:08:55 am »

0.73 is the newest (updated for mansion&garden), but the download is a bit tricky to find. The install isn't quite like the previous either. But it works fine once you've set it up.
http://sims.ambertation.de/en/2009/04/11/simpe-07344-qa-for-everyone/

If you don't have M&G you can continue to use the old one (I've got both of them on one of my computers, the old one starts automatically while the new one has to be started manually through a shortcut - it autostarts on my laptop, though).
---
The line with the OBJD is in italics, which usually means there has been a committed but not saved change to that resource. Also, if you do the drag-and-drop twice with the same file to open it, the plugin window refuses to show any info. Could be that, too. Have you tried to restart SimPE and open the file again?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 06:23:13 am by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Pykkadilly
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2012, 03:25:25 am »

Dearest Dullahan & Theraven:

Thank you for all your help.  Real Life interrupted me before I could get back to my problematic Career here...but I finally did just a few minutes ago and I painstakingly followed the instructions and guidance that both of you provided.

TA-DA!!!!!!!!  I am now the proud Mama of the Medieval Midwifery Career!  (Midwifery with the Middle-Ages flavor!)

Thanks again!

Cool

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: