Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 01:49:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: kids and teens coming home with adults after work  (Read 13936 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
broomhilda

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2013, 08:26:44 am »

Not sure where to put this sorry if it is in the wrong place...new on here....After a week of this sim coming home with one of my sims from work I just used the addneighbortofamilycheat on and behold it was a teen... tried to have him get his own place and he couldn't and that is when I realized it was a teen just kept him in the house and in a few days (sim days) he will be off to college....now in the past I have had kids come home with my sims from work...why is it doing this?Huh?? thanks in advance....

UPDATE: well sent that boy off to college and good grief next day he came home with my sim again....I figured if I moved him in and then sent him to college I wouldn't see him again fat chance...I really didn't want to move my sims out of a large 2 story house with all their stuff and then move them back in...that seems to be the only way I can get rid of pesty sims that keep coming home every single day with my sims but having the kids and teens come home with the adults from work is really getting on my nerves... huh
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 11:10:53 am »

This looks like a job for...the  General Sims 2 Help section!

*strikes a heroic pose and moves thread to the right section*

Now, it could be you have a mod conflict. The first thing I would suggest you do is remove any hacks/mods you have, then run your game and see if the problem is still going on.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
broomhilda

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 11:34:09 am »

thank you for moving this to the right place, I don't use mods, hacks, cc, or anything like that don't know how to do the downloading....zips or rar or all of those things.....the only thing i use is the cheats and I just learned all of those this last yr and this has been happening from day one....back when I first started playing this game in 2008 with my brothers gf's games...then in 2009 I bought my first sims2 games  just getting fed up with having to move my families out with all their stuff and then move them back in...it's a pain in the rear end lol....I just did a factory restore on this computer not to long ago and have been just playing 2 families at this point....nobody has been able to help me out on this may just call Origin and see what they can do for me if this site can't help...been on the Sims2 forums before they shut it down, and livejournal forums and now here....there has to be others that have or are having the same problems I can't be the only one....thanks in advance

that reminds me....the first time this happened I got fed up with that sim I stuck her in the back corner of the lot and killed her off and omg her ghost started coming home with my sim every single day from work lol...I sent that tombstone to another lot and everything....and I shouldn't bring this up might jinks me lol it has been awhile since this happened I sometimes get a sim that comes home every single day but u can't click on it just have to leave them and sooner or later they go home but then the next day they are back again with my sim after work...with all of this I have to take my sims out of their home and then move them back in....
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 11:46:04 am by broomhilda » Logged
HobbesED

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 11:54:25 am »

When Sims come home with your working Sim, can you not simply click on them and select "Say Good-bye" to send them off to their own homes?

In all of my playing of Sims2, my adult Sims have NEVER brought anyone home from work with them who wasn't an adult or elder. My teen Sims have NEVER brought anyone back with them who wasn't a teen. If your adult sims are bringing back teen or child Sims from work, or your teen Sims are bringing back adult, elder or child Sims from their jobs, then I suspect that you DO have a mod or hack in your game which is doing that.

But regardless of how they got there, you still should be able to just click on the visiting Sim and either tell them "Good-Bye" or "Ask To Leave" if they don't live on the lot. That's a standard dialogue menu choice.

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations
broomhilda

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 12:14:34 pm »

Well ya I guess I could just say goodbye and let it go but that is the point this is happening all the time every single day in and day out my time and sim time....and no I do not have mods, hacks, cc, meshs or anything...I don't do downloads except when I have to download my sims games after doing a factory restore...the last time I tried to use something I couldn't do the rar or zip or whatever it was and went into tears because I had to do a factory restore because I couldn't get all the stupid stuff off of my  computer from the downloads...the reason I went into tears is I had 32 couples in college 2nd and 3rd generations that was the first time I have ever gotten that far ever....so please I am not a kid I am 52 yrs old and am not an idiot...I am however computer stupid....and will repeat this I do NOT do downloads, hacks, meshes, cc's, and mods and all the other cool stuff I would love to have but won't ever get and I just did a factory restore on this computer because my daughter downloaded some stuff and it messed my game up when I went into my game nobody was there....nobody in the bins, houses, colleges nothing just the town...so when it comes to downloading anything on this computer is is not allowed...sorry to be rude but I hate when someone tells me that I have to have mods or something on my computer when I know I don't...also will repeat....I have been having this problem from day one when I was playing on my brother's gf's dicks and when I got my own computer and my own disks it still does it...and since I have learned about the cheats I know my brother's gf does not know about the cheats or hacks because she would have taught me all of this back in 2008..she has been playing Sims games from the very first time sims came out with sims1 she still has alll of the disks...so if it is happening to me with 2 different computers and 2 different sets of disks how do you explain that....thanks for your help in advace...
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 12:21:53 pm »

You don't say what EPs you have.  With FreeTime, there is a chance card that has you bring home a hobby friend after work. In my game too many times, it's been a teen or child (the latest is the paperboy) who should not be at your work place anyway.
broomhilda

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 12:36:19 pm »

Sorry I have all of the EP's have most of the disks but have some that are just downloads I got when I called Origin to buy them and they only had the downloads available I made sure by asking them if I had all of the Sims2 games and after talking with them they said yes I have all of the Sims2 games now and that was just in the last few months that I got all of them...there was one time I brought home the judge couldn't click on him or anything had to move out and move back in and I do get the paperboy every once in a while...

did your paperboy keep coming home with your sim day after day...and if so how did u finally get rid of him without moving out then back in
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 01:33:11 pm »

It was a couple of consecutive days, then I went on to play another house in the rotation, so I can't say how long it goes one yet.
broomhilda

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 01:52:24 pm »

when you have this problem what do you do to get rid of them???would really like for this to stop...this happens sooner or later in every single home...I was doing rotation but with these factory restores that I have had to do lately I have just been playing the Ottomas's getting them back to where I had them before....I think this time around I am just going to play one house at a time till I have everyone where I had them before...thank you for your help
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 02:13:32 pm »

Unless I had a reason to keep them around, children or teens in the house, I'd just send them on their way as they stepped out of the car.  Eventually they stopped, but just coming home a couple times adds a friend to the household.  Works for job promotions for me   Grin.  As far as stopping them altogether, I don't think I did anything and eventually they stopped.

I remember a had a toddler coming home a couple times, too!  Then there were bus/carpool drivers, hot dog cooks, and other NPCs that you cannot interact with at all.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 02:20:03 pm »

I found a hack that both asks me whether I really want them to bring a friend, along with one that asks me if that annoying welcome gang can come to visit. At least then I have a choice.  

Not sure where I got them - probably in the director's cut at MATY, or Simbology, or some such.

But there might be something strange going on in your game. They should not bring home people who are not their age (I think adults can bring elders, and opposite, but that's the exception from the rule). College sims should be a no-no (though I'm not sure if that applies to teens sent to college who are not YA yet). And toddlers should never arrive with a carpool. I don't think it's normal with non-interactable NPCs either. If you don't have hacks, then it might be a core game problem. Have you patched your game?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 02:35:52 pm by Theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 03:07:31 pm »

I'm pretty sure the toddler and non-interactable NPC were before the FT patch.  I don't believe the adult/teen issue was ever addressed since you can interact with them.

Monique had a mod to ask about friends coming home from work (MTS for sure, maybe here also).  Twojeffs based his mod asking about children coming home from school off of Monique's mod (Simbology).

If mods are desired, TJ's Visitor Controller will allow specific sims to be banned from the lot, so the offending teen can be gone forever.  But if the desire is to keep it a clean game, there's not much to be done about it short of forcing the sim to die in some cruel manner (building a room around him in a far corner of the lot with no doors or food, removing the ladder when he's swimming).
broomhilda

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2013, 05:51:46 pm »

ancienthighway...I am finally glad to see others have had this problem....wow toddler not cool lol...I don't mind them coming home with them but when it is every single day day in and day out it is getting on my nerves....as long as they are bring that one person home they don't get a chance to bring others home they need for work friends......as for killing them omg I did that once won't do that again....put that girl in the back corner of lot put a fence around her and killed her but the next day omg her ghost came home with my sim and kept coming home every single day....and I did send the tombstone to a cemetery I had made....can't kill the ghost haha, couldn't do anything it just stuck around till morning then left and then came home again with my sim...finally had to move everyone out just to get rid of it...my homes are huge 2 story with 2 helicopters pads on the roof, 2-4 car ports for the teens depending on how many kids they have, indoor swimming pool...every kid gets it own room and bathroom, fishing hole, large garden and 2 fruit trees of each one...take everything and put it all in the inventory then move them all out then bring them back and they have to pay for the house again then move everything back in is just waisting my time....as for keeping a clean game I would love to learn how to do the rar's and zip's and downloads but unless there is someone standing over my shoulder I have no concept of this stuff....when I was in college I froze the computer with these and walked out and tried again and again but finally gave up at least for now...as far as I know there is nobody in this town that plays Sims2 of course I don't hang out with anyone so wouldn't know...have no use for this town or state....on the Sims2 forums before they shut down I had several people try and take me step by step through the process by the time I did the downloads I was in tears...didn't do it right...feel bad for all the people that tried to help me and take their time away from their games....

Theraven....I have all the patches...not to long ago I had to do a factory restore and when downloading the games all the patches went through updated....the only thing is this isn't just my computer or my games this happened when I was playing my brother's gf's computer and her games....she never had any problems with these sims that I am aware of if it did happen with her she was just ignoring them like everyone else seems to be doing....I guess I will have to learn to live with it as well...next time it happens will see how long it takes for them to stop coming home....

for the kids and teens coming home with my adult sims from work the kids are usually a one time thing but this last teen I didn't realize it was a teen till I did the addneighbortofamilycheat on and move him in that it was a teen couldn't have him get his own place so kept him there and sent him to college and good grief he came home with my sim again from work while he was in college

I have had a few come home and you couldn't click on them sooner or later around 2 am the would leave and have no phone to call them...the cook judge was one of them, paperboy or girl, and a few others

Will have to call Origin unless someone has a sollution....thanks everyone for all your help
HobbesED

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2013, 06:23:03 pm »

You can stop ghosts from visiting simply by placing their urn/headstone in a Sim's inventory (or by deleting it). Ghosts only materialize if their urn or headstone is placed physically on the lot somewhere.

Good luck with your other issue.

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations
broomhilda

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2013, 06:30:43 pm »

no you didn't read all of it....I made a cemetery to put sims tombstones in....as soon as that sim died I had the tombstone sent to the cemetery the ghost never came onto my property...when it got out of the car it stayed outside the fence until morning then left then came back with my sim from work the next night stayed till morning then came back from work with my sim again...after the third time I had to take everyone out of the house and then move them back in to get rid of the ghost....at no time did it come on the property there was NO tombstone on the property or in inventory....I give up...thanks everyone for your time and help....
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: