Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 10:22:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Giving Townies and NPC's Bodyshape.  (Read 39837 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
howardlpeters

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2006, 10:05:39 pm »

I'd be rather reluctant to delete the simmies.  It may cause some sort of major meltdown and I'm not going to risk it.  I just leave them alone and they don't seem to mind.

"Those late for dinner will not be served a fruit cup."

I'm Baaaaack!
nina

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2006, 12:50:05 am »

Quote from: howardlpeters
I'd be rather reluctant to delete the simmies.  It may cause some sort of major meltdown and I'm not going to risk it.  I just leave them alone and they don't seem to mind.

I drop satellites on any townies I don't like, and demote boring sims I've created to townies. I give NPCs makeovers and face lifts, wherever possible, before making them selectable, locking them in and torturing them for hours...
Well, what the hell else is there to do?:sad5:

Playing TS2 + Uni. to Pets on Intel Mac
nina

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2006, 01:13:12 pm »

Quote from: meremale
....If you change the work uniforms of NPC's using this or the next method you will need to get from

http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=89766&page=1&pp=25

a .pkg file to stop them from changing back into uniforms for work.

The final method I am aware of seems to me to be easiest and best that I have tried. Go to

http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=108057&page=1&pp=25

and download the Sim Boutique Clothing Rack.  Put the rack into a sims house and you can summons any neighbor, townie or NPC and do a near complete makeover on them using a cas like environment.  Not only that, your sim gets to spend a pleasant evening with them. The downside is it will not change the bodyshape mesh, however choosing clothing linked to Warlokk's bodyshape meshes will alter their outward appearance.....

This looks like it could be a useful method for Mac players without the benefits of simPE or other PC applications.
Edit: Well, this works nicely. Much more fun than a shopping trip.. but 500 clams for a clothing rack!? Outrageous... daylight robbery!

Anyway, cool food for thought.:hello2:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 01:51:34 am by nina » Logged

dano

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2006, 09:19:23 am »

Quote from: howardlpeters

I usually do this & create a temporary family of replacements.  I always delete each one after I've done the sim surgery on a townie/NPC.  ( It bothers me to see unrelated identical twins in my neighborhoods.)  No problems so far.  

If you're really worried about it, you can make a Neighborhood backup with Simpe and then delete the temporary sim from the Neighborhood's Sim description list.

dano
StellaBaby

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2006, 12:13:16 pm »

I use the sim boutique clothing rack, my NPCs and townies dont get naked in my game without the blur so I cant see the size of them under it! You can use it if your NPCs and townies arnt going to be naked.

::smilieiforgetwhi::lol ::smilieiforgetwhi::
meremale

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2006, 05:06:08 am »

Quote from: StellaBaby
I use the sim boutique clothing rack, my NPCs and townies dont get naked in my game without the blur so I cant see the size of them under it! You can use it if your NPCs and townies arnt going to be naked.

The clothing rack is perfect for your game, just remember to get the file that stops NPC's from changing into their default uniforms and you can choose whatever clothes you want them to work in.
StellaBaby

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2006, 11:51:53 am »

Quote from: meremale
The clothing rack is perfect for your game, just remember to get the file that stops NPC's from changing into their default uniforms and you can choose whatever clothes you want them to work in.
Where is that from? Thanks for telling!

::smilieiforgetwhi::lol ::smilieiforgetwhi::
meremale

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2006, 05:31:41 am »

Quote from: StellaBaby
Where is that from? Thanks for telling!

The link is in the main article
wademilner

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2006, 05:18:05 pm »

I've got an easier way to mess with your NPCs. Use the chair on the Insimenator to make the NPC (if they're on your lot) selectable. Then you can mess with them any way you can normally mess with your sims.

I had fun making my papergirl selectable, then pregnant, accelerating the pregnancy until she was big and then slowing it back down again. She now waddles by and delivers the paper every day.
nina

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2006, 01:59:20 am »

Quote from: wademilner
I've got an easier way to mess with your NPCs. Use the chair on the Insimenator to make the NPC (if they're on your lot) selectable. Then you can mess with them any way you can normally mess with your sims.

I had fun making my papergirl selectable, then pregnant, accelerating the pregnancy until she was big and then slowing it back down again. She now waddles by and delivers the paper every day.

Oh, that paper girl... she's a slut. Drop a satellite on her!

BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2006, 12:26:48 pm »

I changed the mesh by replacing the geomatric data container in the sims03 package, works for now.
But still, if naked they transform back to default.
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=25517

No longer active
Star Ranger4

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2006, 12:35:19 pm »

Kinda unavoidable, since their NPC code points their naked body at the original mesh.  Dunno if you can change that with simpe or not....
ttech77

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2006, 08:42:30 am »

I started using the 'townie and NPC maker' which is generated using boolprop testingcheatsenabled and it seems to me to be the easiest way to make townies with the Warlokk meshes.  Basically, I create a bunch of families using the Warlokk meshes.  Then, I go to the house where I have spawned the 'townie and NPC maker' tree and tell it to turn those created sims into townies.  Seems to work even easier than SimPE.  The correct meshes are there even when showering and I assume the genetics are correct for any offspring which I don't think happens when using SimPE.  

Let me try to remember how I did this ...  
In neighborhood, shift-C.  
Enter boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
Go to some family that is already moved in
Hold shift and click a sim
Select spawn
Select 'townie and NPC maker'
A big ugly tree is generated.  Click on the tree and there are lots of options.
One of them is something like 'make into townie'  
Select the Sims you want to turn into townies.

BTW - I'm running OFB.  Not sure if this works the same in other expansion packs.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 09:03:15 am by ttech77 » Logged
Star Ranger4

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2006, 03:30:46 pm »

Yes, that would work.  Why?  because having first created the Sim using the CAS (create a sim/family) you were able to define the skintone as one that points to the correct mesh for the nude state. Then when they get converted to NPC'ism, they still have the correct data stored for them instead of pointing to maxi meshes the way the original npcs do.
dtbronzich

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2007, 12:41:02 am »

you can do it the hard way: get christianlov's paintings and the mind control mirror by merola (or just right click to bring up make selectable) all the maids and female gardeners have warlokk shapes in my game now. My sim, Dr.Erasmus Mordant (Mad Scientist), has the Dr.Vu device, so it's easy to change ugly faces on a case by case basis. There is also a cas replacement faces plug in at mod the sims as well.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: