Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:52:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: EP1 required:Euro Kiss Disabled  (Read 25034 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Krayzieworld

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2006, 04:56:10 am »

Quote from: Squinge
The only reason I don't like it is because my male sims greet other male sims with that kiss Smiley

Smiley Same here. I have a thing for buff military sims, and how weird it is to see them doing that kissy thing. (??!!) :tard:

:coffee: You know what the trouble about real life is? There's no danger music.
- Jim Carrey
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2006, 11:27:56 am »

The only reason I don't like it is because my male sims greet other male sims with that kiss

Aren't German men greeting this way?

We were raised differently in America, Europeans see nothing wrong in 2 men kissing cheek for greetings.  I don't personally mind either.
IcemanTO

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2006, 11:45:45 am »

Quote from: MissDoh
Aren't German men greeting this way?

We were raised differently in America, Europeans see nothing wrong in 2 men kissing cheek for greetings.  I don't personally mind either.

As said in my first post here, cheek kissing for men is normally but not often used by latins europeans (Italians, French and Spanish), more often by balcanics and eastern eurpoeans and finally very low used by Germans and Northerns in general. I can say this quite sure due my journeys around Europe in the past.

Lose a friend is like lose a piece of myself. I'll remember forever Mary "Miss Ozzucay" .
...and... a tought for CodiJo, pleasant girl too young to pass away. R.I.P.
Krayzieworld

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2006, 11:57:15 am »

It all comes to personal preference, really Smiley Some of us like the "typical male" and some have wide cultural values. Don't think the simmies give a damn one way or another though, it's just us control freaks that like things just so.

:coffee: You know what the trouble about real life is? There's no danger music.
- Jim Carrey
quasim

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2006, 03:26:06 pm »

gee, germans didn't use the euro kiss at all, but it's increasing now I guess.

/me never kisses strangers
giggy6004

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2006, 02:35:14 am »

so its back to the greet with hand gesture thing?
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2006, 02:40:44 am »

Quote from: giggy6004
so its back to the greet with hand gesture thing?
no there are still the romantic hugs & kisses.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 05:35:03 pm by Squinge » Logged

If you have a question about my mods post it here
lyrker
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2006, 11:17:44 pm »

The Euro Kiss didn't bother me at first -- till I saw two of my story-villains greet each other in this manner, which was very out-of-character for them. Thank you very much for this hack!
jphill11

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2006, 05:08:51 pm »

I just opened this thread for the first time - I thought "Euro Kiss" was a new politically correct term for French Kiss.  LOL!
Ozzucay

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2006, 06:55:24 pm »

Quote from: Midnightguy
Program I would to see or if there were ever any future Sims games, pending on the sims or how the three sims are with one another, no jealously at all! if all three sims love each other, why get mad at one another if romance is done in front of 3rd?

There are several no jealousy mods out there. Jealousy can be turned off with the InSIMenator, Squinge has a no jealousy for Romance or Pleasure Aspirations, LizzLove has a global no jealousy mod, there are probably more but I can't remember them all, lol. Smiley

Read A Lovely Tale! Currently in Chapter 21
Star69

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2006, 12:26:04 pm »

Great stuff Squinge, your mods rock.

Any chance you could make a version that disables the euro kiss for male-to-male greetings and enables it for female-to-either gender greetings?
Paradoxe

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2006, 03:14:24 pm »

Being french myself, I can just tell this..."euro kiss", is used in france by male toward female usually, but on some occasions we kiss this way male-to-male on celebrations like birthdays or Christmas...In particular when people are familiar and are acquaintances.

Otherwise, male french usualy shake hands. By the way, this kiss has no particular naming besides the fact itself : "embrasser sur les joues" or more usualy "faire la bise".Smiley
Psywiz13

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2007, 04:34:02 pm »

This thread is a little old but I just wanted to add my two cents.  I just wanted to say that my sims do get jealous over greeting kisses but I've never noticed any romantic connatations with the euro-kiss.  My sims use it a lot.  I have one female sim who usually greets her mother this way.  I play with General Buzz Grunt in Strangetown though and it's really funny when he euro-kiss greets this one CAS neighbor of his who has the body builder meshed biker outfits.  That's a sight to see.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: