Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 02:39:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Base Meshes and "Shower-Proof" Skintones for the Slim BB - UPDATED 25-09-2006  (Read 274335 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2006, 04:18:53 am »

Well, well, well, I like this slimmer athlet, but I'm really very interested on the Girls. Smiley
My comp is on the border of the acceptable, so I'm collecting for future use, so I would like to know - Is everything needed included in this serie, I mean, the girl too Smiley ?
I use the Crammy boy for the boys, do I need to do something about or will it be directly used by these meshes ?
When you say "shower proof" does it mean that I just put all the packages in the downloads folder and nothing else is required than send the guys to the shower?
Thanks
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2006, 04:25:50 am »

Quote from: Ailias
Base Meshes
===========
I wonder are not there base meshes for slim before?
I cant believe that it is new...
(Разве таких основных мешей не было выпущено ранее? Странно..)

The meshes have been in a state of suspension for some time, beta until just last week.  They never had a formal release with base textures until just now.  The meshes in beta form have been available for sometime, but not as finished items.  As noted in the first post all updated and finalised for release.

As for it being strange, stranger things happen every day in my neighbourhood :lol:

Quote from: XPTL297
Well, well, well, I like this slimmer athlet, but I'm really very interested on the Girls. Smiley
My comp is on the border of the acceptable, so I'm collecting for future use, so I would like to know - Is everything needed included in this serie, I mean, the girl too Smiley ?
I use the Crammy boy for the boys, do I need to do something about or will it be directly used by these meshes ?
When you say "shower proof" does it mean that I just put all the packages in the downloads folder and nothing else is required than send the guys to the shower?
Thanks

If you make certain to download the MESHES_ju-beos-ath-girl_slimbb-barbie.rar mesh package - you are ready to go for the female side of the naked in the shower experience.  But as far as the other components of clothing for the females - you will have to shop the female projects forum for those Wink

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2006, 06:14:35 am »

Oh thank you for the info. I'm going to use the body builders in the new comp and as to clothing, I like to experiment a little around self. I have only to test the distortion that will be caused by the new meshes.
In the moment I cannot download much, once I have only 1GB RAM and my downloads folder reached already 980MB. The game is slowing down.
My new comp is supposed to have 4GB RAM or more on a 64bits base, 7000 series Graphics etc. I'm really excited.
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2006, 09:34:55 am »

:headbang:
Thankyou so very much for these ... they are awesome! Also thanks for the recoloring tip about using the dark skin tone. You have given us all a wonderful gift by sharing your talent and it is greatly appreciated.
                 :wav:

Cindy*

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2006, 11:52:57 am »

:howdy:, thank you for this beautiful Body! I love and enjoy your
marvelous work it make! :happy8: :thumbup:
Thank you love greetings @ll.:love7:

I am happy to be member
platinum

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2006, 12:12:04 pm »

This is awesome work, thanks to the both you.

§ You can always tell the quality of a person's character by how they treat the people they don't need. §
sableskye

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2006, 03:40:06 pm »

these are great.  thank you so much for sharing.
Dinki

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2006, 04:59:45 pm »

Some sims were longing for that and now they say "thanks Yasha! we wuw you"

Coudn`t stop myself LOL

Won't you come into the garden?
I would like my roses to see you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jwilson5
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2006, 06:28:35 pm »

I am sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but I am a little confused about these meshes. I have the original slim BB meshes you made (and alot of clothes) and also the Louis skins that are linked to the slim BB mesh for shower proofing. Do I need to download these new meshes and if so are they going to conflict with the slim BB linked Louis skin tones I already have?
See I told you it would probably be a stupid question.

"Pure art is not about the creator, its about the creation"
Bobslobber

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2006, 07:29:51 pm »

Quote from: beosboxboy
then you are SOL

Huh?  I don't understand.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2006, 07:38:32 pm »

Quote from: jwilson5
I am sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but I am a little confused about these meshes. I have the original slim BB meshes you made (and alot of clothes) and also the Louis skins that are linked to the slim BB mesh for shower proofing. Do I need to download these new meshes and if so are they going to conflict with the slim BB linked Louis skin tones I already have?
See I told you it would probably be a stupid question.

Just download and install these updated meshes for the slim BB - they correct a flaw in the area of the legs.  They will not cause conflicts as they are identical files except in the small correction to the way the skin is mapped on the body.

Quote from: Bobslobber
Huh?  I don't understand.

Bobslobber:  It is not my intention or ambition to make 70 variations of each skintone.  What I post is all there is.  If you want a slim bosybuilder male only version, Wirelessguy has such available in his section.  What Marvine and I are doing is making real life type family genetics.  These skintones are linked in accordance with that ambition.  No further versions will be made that have a non-athletic/non-bodybuilder female version.  If anything we will be making the skintones more dependent on out meshes. In fact, as I make updates to the previously released versions by myself and marvine, the female portions will be linked to the athletic or bodybuilder girl.

By end of Summer (Northern Hemisphere) no skintone posted by me will be linked to anything but these.  So if you can find them, grab them, their days are numbered.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
Bobslobber

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2006, 01:39:14 am »

Quote from: beosboxboy
Bobslobber:  ...

beosboxboy: I see.  You thought I was asking about skintones, when I really wasn't.  To reiterate my initial question: I asked if the updated MESH required another MESH.  Like jwilson5, I also downloaded the Louis skintones by Wirelessguy, in which the male one was linked to the Slimmer BB mesh but the female one wasn't.  Like jwilson5, I wanted to know what happened if I downloaded your updated mesh and if there would be a conflict, not what would happen if I downloaded your skintones.  I guess the answer is that the only difference is that the mesh's legs have been corrected, and that the female athletic meshes aren't required at all to use Wirelessguy's skins.  

I wasn't asking you to create 70 skintones.  It's nice you have an ambition, but I didn't ask about that.  I'm sorry if my initial question wasn't clear, but given the tone of your response I'm much more sorry I bothered asking you at all.
jwilson5
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2006, 06:17:14 pm »

I am not sure if this is a good place to ask this question but I couldn't think where else to bring it up. I have been working with bodyshop and Adobe photoshop since before the sims 2 came out, creating things here and there. I like to take skintones and modify them. I have been working on wireless guy's  recoded Louis's skintones attached to the slimbb mesh (my all time favorite) with more realism to them (i.e. no snap on tools required for these guys). I have noticed that on the back of the neck at the base of the skull, a funny bowtie shape where the BMP is trying to wrap around the slimbb meshes. I can't figure out how to get the bowtie color to match the rest of the skin tone so it is not so obvious. I noticed on the maxis skins you linked that the bowtie is hardly noticeable because the colors are so close. Wondered if you have any suggestions on how to fix this problem. Thanks.
PS: I am also working on modifying Louis's skins to work with Warwick 34C enhanced females (moving nipples and such).

"Pure art is not about the creator, its about the creation"
killera
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2006, 09:20:33 pm »

Can some one help me i"ve been trying to download meshes and stuff from this whole site and when i click to download it downloads an internet page instead of the mesh. Can someone please help me fix this problem.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2006, 10:53:53 pm »

killera try right click and save target/linked file as

jwilson5 I didn't bother with that as it is more than likely to be hidden by the hair.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: