Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 09:51:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
  Print  
Author Topic: The Werewolf FAQ  (Read 60408 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Nukapei

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2006, 10:35:39 pm »

Quote from: corey
Hi, I have something to add, hopefully it hasn't been said but I managed to adopt a werewolf dog into my family and he lost the glowing eyes but a few sim days later he wanted to nibble one of my sim males quite a bit so it happened during the day and I thought I guess he wont turn into a werewolf but lo and behold he did at 8.00.  Could be a glitch I think but I heard it (the nibble) could only happen at night like the alien abduction.:bounce:

It can happen any time of the day.  It's just that the Leader of the Pack doesn't hang around for very long after the sun rises.  So it's very rare that it happens during daylight hours.

~ The scars are souvenirs you never loose, the past is never far. ~
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2006, 02:51:23 pm »

So, so, then the dog with lamps on the eyes IS the werewolf!
Questions, is it an NPC (I mean, it replaces self in the pool)? I thought it was just a special townie. So, if I adopt him he will bite my Sims?
Is there anyone that doesn't stick to werewolves that made a hack to have him as a normal dog? I don't want werewolves as much as I don't want vampires or gipsies. Thanks.
Vampyre

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2006, 03:58:14 pm »

That wolf isn't the werewolf... but if your sim is nipped by him can become one.
Nukapei

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2006, 04:09:26 pm »

Quote from: Vampyre
That wolf isn't the werewolf... but if your sim is nipped by him can become one.

Vampyre's correct.  That wolf isn't a werewolf, in that he doesn't have a human form.  But he is the alpha of the local wolfpack (hence the title, Leader of the Pack).  And he can nibble your sim and turn them into a werewolf.

However, he'll only do so if your relationship with him is at least 50 / 50.  And he's the only one who can -- if you want a wolf as a dog, I'd suggest befriending one of the other wolves, which you can adopt.  I have at least three black males in my neighborhood, two of which are named Beasley and one other named Benny.  But that varies from neighborhood to neighborhood.  And the other wolves can't turn your sim into a werewolf.

XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2006, 05:46:23 pm »

Hum! I adopted already one black dog named Bailey. The lamps eyes is already friend to Cornelia Goth and I was intended to wait to adopt him.
He didn't bite Cornelia. Their relationship are high but not 50/50, I think it is 70/19. It is no more easy to get high LTR. I adopted Bailey when the relationship was at this level. I just got an option to adopt him and got a message "Bailey became very fond of Sim xxx. Would you like to adopt him?"
I did and he entered the family. He didn't get the family name and is only named Bailey. It seems that only CAS Pets get family name. I forced the adoption of a cat, using Christian-Lov teleporter and the same happened. I thought that it was a glitch, but Bailey didn't get family name either, so I assume that it should be so.
Nukapei

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2006, 06:02:34 pm »

Quote from: XPTL297
Hum! I adopted already one black dog named Bailey. The lamps eyes is already friend to Cornelia Goth and I was intended to wait to adopt him.
He didn't bite Cornelia. Their relationship are high but not 50/50, I think it is 70/19. It is no more easy to get high LTR. I adopted Bailey when the relationship was at this level. I just got an option to adopt him and got a message "Bailey became very fond of Sim xxx. Would you like to adopt him?"
I did and he entered the family. He didn't get the family name and is only named Bailey. It seems that only CAS Pets get family name. I forced the adoption of a cat, using Christian-Lov teleporter and the same happened. I thought that it was a glitch, but Bailey didn't get family name either, so I assume that it should be so.

Exactly.  'Lamp-eyes' (the Leader of the Pack) doesn't behave like a normal wolf.  I don't know if it's even possible to adopt him (although with hacks I'm sure it is, I'm talking about using the normal, non-hack-affected options.

Vampyre

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2006, 06:07:11 pm »

I like not using hacks...  hacks eat your brain.

It's much more fun without them with regard to pets.

I'm raising wolves as well (I have a thread on this).

I registered the wolf-types as breeds but I wouldn't consider BUYING one of them.

Call me a purist if you'd like.
Nukapei

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2006, 06:10:28 pm »

Quote from: Vampyre
I like not using hacks...  hacks eat your brain.

It's much more fun without them with regard to pets.

I'm raising wolves as well (I have a thread on this).

I registered the wolf-types as breeds but I wouldn't consider BUYING one of them.

Call me a purist if you'd like.

Heh, true.  I only use hacks that improve the game, not cheat-based hacks.  For example, the last hack I downloaded was to make taking a bubble bath not only improve hygene and comfort but fun as well -- which makes sense, since bubble baths are fun.  But hacks that make my life much easier?  No.  What's the point in playing if everything is super easy?

Vampyre

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2006, 06:39:36 pm »

Well since I drifted off topic, I'll attempt a tie-in.

It's quite easy getting the Pack Leader to not nip your sim if you simply don't encourage him by building up a realtionship with him.

It might be beneficial to build up your relationship with him somewhat if your whole goal is to have him breed with your pets.
TheCelt

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2006, 03:43:33 am »

Quote from: Squinge
No shame on EA it's not maxis anymore, lol

And maybe there will be some great modder out there out of the kindness of his or her heart will undo the inability for pregnant Werewolves to savage others.  *waves innocently at Squinge pretending I didn't see him standing there.*

What annoys me most about the whole werewolves thing is that there are Sims out there who WANT to be werewolves.  But then they get all mad about being savaged!  Why?  Do those who want to be vampires get mad at those who bite them?  It doesn't make sense to me why becoming a werewolf by someone who wants to be one generates such negative feelings and actions.  I have a werewolf that can't keep his garbage can upright at all thanks to the three ladies he's savaged.  Who wanted to be savaged.  But every few hours one of them comes along and knocks the darned thing over.  
Then the dogs get in the trash.  It's annoying.

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit!
Nukapei

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2006, 08:53:15 am »

Quote from: TheCelt
And maybe there will be some great modder out there out of the kindness of his or her heart will undo the inability for pregnant Werewolves to savage others.  *waves innocently at Squinge pretending I didn't see him standing there.*

What annoys me most about the whole werewolves thing is that there are Sims out there who WANT to be werewolves.  But then they get all mad about being savaged!  Why?  Do those who want to be vampires get mad at those who bite them?  It doesn't make sense to me why becoming a werewolf by someone who wants to be one generates such negative feelings and actions.  I have a werewolf that can't keep his garbage can upright at all thanks to the three ladies he's savaged.  Who wanted to be savaged.  But every few hours one of them comes along and knocks the darned thing over.  
Then the dogs get in the trash.  It's annoying.

I think it all goes back to the 'cheesy' road EA decided to take with the whole werewolf thing.  Remember, at first, lycanthropy was considered a curse, and anyone who had it was thought to be an animal, miserable from their lack of self-control, and damned.  He destroys all he loves, including the people he loves, not because he wants to but because he can't stop himself.  Looked at that way, lycanthropy is a very negative thing, and it would make sense that anyone who had it would rue the day they met [insert maker's name here].

However, even though there are downsides to it (your personality changing, for example), there are also a lot of perks.  You can train animals faster and shoo skunks much safer.  You get body points by doing nothing but being yourself.  And you can scare the sh!t out of your neighbors with the 'Howl' and 'Arrgh!' interactions.  Oh, sure, you have to make sure you're out of view of any unsuspecting neighbors at 6 am and 8 pm.  But it's a small price to pay for the ability to summon the wolves in your neighborhood just by howling.

Personally, there are several things I'd like changed about it.  The furious thing could stay, yes, but only if the changed Sim had a fear of becoming a werewolf, or if they had certain aspirations (Family, for example).  It's annoying, but not unavoidable.  In my neighborhood, my dude got bit by the Leader of the Pack, and the first thing he did was savage Tara Kat.  Now, all I have to do if I want a Sim to be a werewolf is summon Tara, make her selectible, and have her savage them.  Everyone's pissed at Tara, but I dont' care because I never play her.  Having a designated savager in your neighborhod is a really good way to go, especially since EA did one thing right in making it so your werewolf simmies can 'savage' anyone, not just people they have at least an XX / XX relationship with.  Like the vampire's 'bite neck' thing is, which caused me no end of grief until I found a mod that changed it.

XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2006, 09:44:52 am »

Deviancy - Maybe too late but I can give you the reason why I do not want anything supernatural in my TS. I bought this game to recreate a dream I had since my childhood (create a fictitious paradise). Wolves, vampires, magic or whatever don't fit in this My world. This is not a game for me, it is a tool to create my own perfect world. I suppose it is explaining. I always use broken english or whatever you name it when I don't even like the correct word.
I think I succeed to transform the wolf in a normal dog. The lycan...whatever wolf is an NPC and I didn't find anything in its bhavs that states "NPC living in a real family", so even if I suceed to adopt it, it will replace self in the pool, so, it will create a new LWolf. So, now that he cannot do anything more than walk around, he can be in its own pool.
The skunk is just a Ms Pet Crumplebottom (unique NPC) and I knew before trying how to nuke it. So, I'm satisfied with my EP Pets now.
I worked 5 years with TS1 and I knew exactly what I was wishing from TS2.
Thanks.
Nukapei

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2006, 10:06:44 am »

Quote from: XPTL297
Deviancy - Maybe too late but I can give you the reason why I do not want anything supernatural in my TS. I bought this game to recreate a dream I had since my childhood (create a fictitious paradise). Wolves, vampires, magic or whatever don't fit in this My world. This is not a game for me, it is a tool to create my own perfect world. I suppose it is explaining. I always use broken english or whatever you name it when I don't even like the correct word.
I think I succeed to transform the wolf in a normal dog. The lycan...whatever wolf is an NPC and I didn't find anything in its bhavs that states "NPC living in a real family", so even if I suceed to adopt it, it will replace self in the pool, so, it will create a new LWolf. So, now that he cannot do anything more than walk around, he can be in its own pool.
The skunk is just a Ms Pet Crumplebottom (unique NPC) and I knew before trying how to nuke it. So, I'm satisfied with my EP Pets now.
I worked 5 years with TS1 and I knew exactly what I was wishing from TS2.
Thanks.

Well, I, for one, am impressed.  The paranormal is not for everyone -- some people, such as myself, think it's awesome (but then, again, I grew up on old Star Trek episodes), and some just want a 'normal' universe.  I think it's nice that EA put anything paranormal in the game in such a way that you almost have to go looking for it to find it (if you don't want aliens, don't stargaze at night, etc).  But if you don't want it at all in the game ... that's your decision, too.  Congrats on a werewolf-free Sim World.

Vampyre

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2006, 05:46:55 pm »

*rolls a pair o' dice*  Wink

Seemed to fit with where you went with paranormal.

I'm still working on a pun for that one. Smiley
TheCelt

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2006, 02:43:54 am »

Quote from: Nukapei
t
Personally, there are several things I'd like changed about it.  The furious thing could stay, yes, but only if the changed Sim had a fear of becoming a werewolf, or if they had certain aspirations (Family, for example).  It's annoying, but not unavoidable.  In my neighborhood, my dude got bit by the Leader of the Pack, and the first thing he did was savage Tara Kat.  Now, all I have to do if I want a Sim to be a werewolf is summon Tara, make her selectible, and have her savage them.  Everyone's pissed at Tara, but I dont' care because I never play her.  Having a designated savager in your neighborhod is a really good way to go, especially since EA did one thing right in making it so your werewolf simmies can 'savage' anyone, not just people they have at least an XX / XX relationship with.  Like the vampire's 'bite neck' thing is, which caused me no end of grief until I found a mod that changed it.

That's what I'd change most is the furious thing that all Sims get, not just the ones that have a fear of being a werewolf.  It just doesn't make sense if Sim A wants to be a werewolf and Sim B savages him, he is furious at the very Sim who fulfilled his want.  I hope someone comes out with a mod that will fix that for me.  What fun is it if you have a werewolf with the want to bite someone and all these Sims running around wanting to be bitten, if everyone is going to be mad at him afterwards.

Though I do like your designated savager game plan.  But that doesn't help my Sims who want to bite.  LOL Can we ever be 100% content with what we got?  LOL

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: