Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 05:08:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: The Werewolf FAQ  (Read 59664 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« on: October 21, 2006, 05:35:02 pm »

There are questions and answers scattered all over this board.. best to try to put em all in the same place.

1.) How do the sims become werewolves?

a.) There are two ways for a sim to become a werewolf in pets.  The first way is to get bitten by the leader of the pack which is just a black wolf with glowing eyes.  If you're friends with this wolf and he visits your lot between the hours of 20:00 and 6:00.. he may "nibble" your sim and turn him or her.  Once your sim becomes a werewolf that sim can "savage" another sim in the same age group and spread the curse to them.  An adult werewolf cant savage a teen and a teen cant savage an adult.. has to be within the same age group.

2.) Once a sim is a werewolf, is he or she always a werewolf or does he or she turn at certain times?

a.) The cursed sim will go through the transformation every night between the hours of 20:00 and 6:00.  At 6:00 the sim will transform back, sometimes.  Once in awhile there's a glitch and the transformation back doesn't happen.  Your sim won't be able to savage, howl, or call other wolves but the sim will still look like the werewolf.  This seems to be merely a bug, it eventually fixes it self the next morning..

3.) My custom sims don't seem to turn into werewolves, why?

a.) Custom sims can be cursed but the only thing that will change on the custom male when he changes is the hair on his head and he'll have the werewolf menu.  Custom skins and I believe custom eyes, do not get furry, not sure why, not even sure if I wanna know why.  Female sims keep their default or custom hair by default during a transformation.  I guess maxis figured female werewolves like to keep their beautiful hair when they change..

4.) Are there any cheats to get werewolves right away?

a.) No.  But there is a quicker way to get the leader of the pack to at least visit.  Type "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" in the console box.. then hold down on the shift key.. right click on the mail box.. click on make npc.. you may then need to click on "more" and then you'll see something about the leader of the pack.. click on that.  Within an hour the glowing eye wolf will come.. show him a lot of affection.. and keep using that cheat to call him back every time he leaves.  By the next night he'll nibble you.. that is if you showed him enough affection the night before.

5.) Can werewolves breed?

a.) yes

6.) Do they pass on the curse to their offspring?

a.) It doesn't appear that they do, sad, huh?

7.) Do the werewolves bite their own children?

a.) No, as it states above.. adult werewolves cannot "savage" teens or children.

If there are any other questions that should be added to this.. just post em Wink...

I'm assuming that when Simpe gets updated for Pets, you'll be able to just switch em fast that way.  But time will tell...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 05:38:56 pm by Deviancy » Logged

kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 07:28:21 pm »

I am going to sticky this for people. Thanks!
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 08:48:08 pm »

You're welcome Smiley

gamonthehand

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2006, 01:37:04 am »

also as a tip if you hack any of the leaders of the pack to be slectabul watch them very carefully because if they are you "pet" when they leave the resadence they will disapere forever and you will have to start again with a new leader of the pack. (found out the hard way. i miss my leader pet)
DollyLlama

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 09:16:03 am »

:notworth:

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer all the questions we had. I very much appreciate it.

Contest Lover
         Second Place in Miss Wild West
*~*Currently in: Best Bride Spring 2008 w/ Ceridwyn Douglas*~* And Picture Perfect w/ Bronwyn McDougal*~*
Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 11:49:16 am »

So a regular dog can breed with the "Leader of the Pack"?

Is the leader a boy or girl?
SimMoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2006, 12:44:17 pm »

The "dog" is Killer. He is brown. He has glowy eyes and is very friendly. His alpha female is Ariel (at least in my game). She is white. Both wolves hang around my single female sim who has 2 cats, 2 shelties and Killer has become very protective of her.

There are two pups in this "pack". I know because when I am playing this lot, I have a knowledge sim who wants bitten; I see him running around with the two wolves who manage to dig more holes in my yard then I want to talk about. They haven't bitten him. But if they do and he bites his wife, then I have a potion from the dog trainer that will cure that.  Not a big deal.

SimMoon

SimMoon
Happy Holidays!
Easy Recipes
Nukapei

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2006, 01:38:26 pm »

Great news everyone!  Pioupiou of More Awesome Than You has posted a downloadable fix to the custom skintone werewolf problem!!!  You can find it here, almost to the bottom of page one.  It works, too -- I have it in my own game.  ^_^

~ The scars are souvenirs you never loose, the past is never far. ~
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 03:58:09 pm »

Gonna try it in a minute and pop a few screenshots..

Good find...

This was the body builder sim prior to the mod...

The body builder sim after the mod...

One thing that needs to be said..

How can I put this..

Ok.. like I may have said in the faq.. the sims don't always change back during the day.  Sometimes they still look like werewolves but they just don't have the powers..

If you apply this mod and then start the sims.. it may be during the day and your custom skinned sim may still be wolfed out but still have the normal skin tone and face... however.. once the night comes and the animation kicks in again.. the mod will take affect.  

Gotta give props to the guy who made this mod.. it seems to works like a charm..
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 04:41:50 pm by Deviancy » Logged

Nukapei

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2006, 08:37:08 pm »

Quote from: Deviancy
Gotta give props to the guy who made this mod.. it seems to works like a charm..

No kidding, I was so excited when I found it.  And nice sim, he really looks like a werewolf!  Or my mental picture of one, at least.

Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2006, 08:43:24 pm »

Yeah.. he does..

Very old school werewolf like before hollywood got obsessed with CGI....

Nukapei

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2006, 10:31:03 pm »

Quote from: Deviancy
Yeah.. he does..

Very old school werewolf like before hollywood got obsessed with CGI....

Yeah ... but I like the CGI werewolves better than the guy in the fur suit.  That was always so unrealistic, and SOOO cheesy.  At least with CGI they have a chance of convincing me this guy actually is part wolf ... and I'm a firm believer in the wolf werewolf.  I figure, they look exactly like humans during day, why shouldn't they look exactly like wolves by night?  Instead of some half-and-half mutant ...  But now I'm ranting.  Anyway, nice sim, love how muscular he is, great job.

Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2006, 10:36:53 pm »

So from what I've read, the leader wold is a boy? Thanks, So I can breed him with Angel!
Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2006, 10:38:14 pm »

Quote from: Nukapei
Great news everyone!  Pioupiou of More Awesome Than You has posted a downloadable fix to the custom skintone werewolf problem!!!  You can find it here, almost to the bottom of page one.  It works, too -- I have it in my own game.  ^_^

Wow, thanks! Now we have a fix!
Nukapei

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2006, 10:39:06 pm »

Quote from: Frog_Man
So from what I've read, the leader wold is a boy? Thanks, So I can breed him with Angel!

There's actually two Leaders of the Pack -- one male, one female.  An alpha and his queen, if you will, of the local wolf pack.  And, no, unfortunately, you can't ask him or her to have puppies with your pet.  However, you can ask any of the other wolves who roam around the neighborhood, and the standard conditions apply -- your sim has to have a good relationship with the wolf, and the wolf has to have a good relationship with your pet.  You can even adopt one, and the game will automatically spawn another wolf to take it's place!  Like townies, one moves in, another's made.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: