Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:05:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: The Werewolf FAQ  (Read 59656 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Vampyre

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2006, 11:34:35 pm »

Someone else thought the leader had mated with her dog here.

We'll have to see how that pans out.
Nukapei

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2006, 11:36:14 pm »

Quote from: Vampyre
Someone else thought the leader had mated with her dog here.

We'll have to see how that pans out.

The Leader of the Pack, or another one of the wolves?  People seem to get them confused ...  I don't know, my sim developed an almost 100 over 100 relationship with the LotP, and the option never came up.  But maybe I just overlooked it ...

~ The scars are souvenirs you never loose, the past is never far. ~
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2006, 12:34:12 am »

I just had a long discussion on another board about the werewolf myth.  Some folkore says they turned into wolves during the full moon, others say they were a mix of the two.  It just comes down to which folkore you prefer.  I tend to prefer the hybrid because it reminds me more of greek and egyptian mythology.

Ginger Snaps, the movie I mentioned on another werewolf thread.. really has an interesting spin.  But I wont spoil what that interesting spin is.  Just do yourself a favor and rent it if you like werewolves and good indie horror flicks.  There's a prequel that they show on cable called Ginger Snaps: Back or something like that.. avoid it.  It isn't that it sucks but it just shouldn't be watched before the first one Smiley.

HarmonyN

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2006, 08:53:19 am »

I think I will like the werewolves a whole lot better than the vampires that came with Nightlife.  Blah!

~“Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.”~
Nukapei

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2006, 09:16:28 am »

Quote from: Deviancy
I just had a long discussion on another board about the werewolf myth.  Some folkore says they turned into wolves during the full moon, others say they were a mix of the two.

Yes, but the wolf was the more common, as tails abound of people who think they're just hunting/being hunted, seeing, whatever a regular wolf, but it is, in fact, Aunt Mildred.  These types are especially common in Germany, England, etc, where most of our folktales come from.

Also, just in case you didn't know, the full moon figured in no folklore.  Some said the werewolf turned at night, others when he put on a wolfskin, whatever.  But the full moon didn't come into werewolf folklore until good ol' Hollywood put it in some horror flick in the 1930's, can't remember the name ...

legolasdarkwood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2006, 09:33:37 am »

I happen to like Laurell K. Hamilton's take on lycanthropes in the Anita Blake series. On full moons and for inexperienced wolves, they are full wolves during their change. If they are experienced at other times they can control their change even down to just making their hands transform into claws. AND... there are wereleopards, wererats, werelions etc so forth, which I adore. So I use Genensims lovely furry skins to make hybrid werekitties. lol.

hugs,
Ar
Nukapei

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2006, 10:47:42 am »

Quote from: legolasdarkwood
I happen to like Laurell K. Hamilton's take on lycanthropes in the Anita Blake series. On full moons and for inexperienced wolves, they are full wolves during their change. If they are experienced at other times they can control their change even down to just making their hands transform into claws. AND... there are wereleopards, wererats, werelions etc so forth, which I adore. So I use Genensims lovely furry skins to make hybrid werekitties. lol.

hugs,
Ar

That's how I've always pictured werewolves.  And, yeah, I love Hamilton's weres.  Like Erica, who could actually change just the bones in her face, changing her facial structure and therefore her entire look.

Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2006, 03:26:07 pm »

It was actually this guy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gervase_of_Tilbury

Who brought the full moon into the werewolf legend but as you'll see in his bio, very few bought into his idea until Hollywood did.

Wiki is cool

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werewolf

Almost every country had their own folklore and most of them were different.  But you can't blame Hollywood for going with the Latvian myth of a wolf beast.  If a man turned into a wolf that wouldn't really be scary.  But a man with killer wolf attributes.. now that's a bit more frightning.

I also like how in Underworld 2 they play the evolution card.  The first werewolf was werewolf permantley and they used evolution as a way to explain why they were later able to change back and finally they were able to change whenever.  Gotta give him props for applying evolution to the supernatural.  

Which reminds me.. the prequel should be getting underway soon.

SimMoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2006, 04:42:02 pm »

I come from a line of "shape shifters". My grandfather lay claim to that ability as did his father. My grandfather was Cheyenne. Now I enjoy a good "I was a teenage Werewolf" with Michael Landon, or Lon Chaney and Lon Chaney Jr.. they made an art of lycanthropy. So I like the guy in the suit. Afterall, the legend isn't an alternate reality, its a guy in a suit... kinda. Anyways, its not CG.

SimMoon
Happy Holidays!
Easy Recipes
Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2006, 11:11:14 pm »

I'm so sleepy that I didn't find "the cure" at More Awesome...

I used to be Nyxie
oniongirl999

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2006, 11:18:42 pm »

Okay, this post cleared up something for me.  My first foray into Pets, the wolf showed up (tell-tale glowing eyes)...see I thought being changed into a werewolf was something you wouldn't want to happen.  He was outside harrassing the bird.  I was afraid to shoo him off for fear of being bitten.  So now I know that him biting you is some kind of honor, I don't need to worry that he'll bite a sim that doesn't want to be a werewolf.  I've never played Nightlife as a neighborhood, just as a dining/fun district so I don't know how the vampire thing works, can I assume it's the same?  Thanks for all the great info.
Deviancy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2006, 03:28:14 am »

Hrmm.. none of the sims that have gotten "nibbled" by the leader of the pack wanted to be werewolves.  But a few sims I've had have had the whole "be a werewolf" as a want.  Kind of an odd thing to want, eh?  A few of my other sims have "be a werewolf" as a fear so I imagine you gotta play it safe.

I still haven't made a vampwolf yet.. if anyone here has.. post some screenshots on this thread.. purty please...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 03:42:09 am by Deviancy » Logged

SimMoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2006, 10:04:21 am »

Okay, the cure is with the Pet Trainer. And yes, my knowledge sim is now the Werewolf he's always wanted to be! (well, at least since Pets came out)

SimMoon
Happy Holidays!
Easy Recipes
SimMoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2006, 10:05:52 am »

If anyone reads Terry Prachet's Disc World series, his werewolves are backward. They are human during a full moon. LOL!!

SimMoon
Happy Holidays!
Easy Recipes
carolinaswthrts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2006, 11:42:57 am »

My glowing eyed wolf is named Baron. He comes to visit at night. I tried to get him to breed with my dog but he just got mad and left. LOL Guess she's not good enough for him.:lol: Maybe they have different names for different games. They are cool anyway. Something different to play with.

Life is not measured by how many moments you take a breath, but by how many moments take your breath away!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: