Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 02:23:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with custom content not showing up. Running windows vista  (Read 1253 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
simsixx

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2007, 12:50:11 pm »

We recently got a new computer that is running windows vista.
After messing with the security settings we finally got it to where you can download stuff.
All the sims 2 games went in ok. I also got the insimenator and inteeninmator loaded and working. Along with a few hairstyles.
But for some reason everything that is in a simspack won't load. It says it's installed, but it isn't? I can't get anything from the official sims site to show up. And I have tryed to load clothes and genetic stuff, make up etc... from other sites and they won't show up either. I have no idea what the problem is. I used all this stuff with the old computer with no problems.
If anyone can be of any help, I'd really appreciate it!
Thanks! Cheesy
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 05:16:50 pm »

Try this:

1- Make sure your Downloads folder is spelled with a capital D and that there is a s at the end like this: Downloads , if it is spell correctly go to step 2.
2- Move your downloads folder and delete the groups.cache file located in thesims2 folder
3- start the game without it and then quit it
4- put back your downloads folder and restart the game, you might need to re-enable cc, if so you will need to quit the game again and restart it for your cc to show.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 12:00:12 am by MissDoh » Logged
simsixx

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 11:21:28 pm »

Thank you so much, turns out I didn't capitalize the d! Now I really feel like an idiot!
Thanks, I appreciate the help!
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 12:01:05 am »

No problem, that happened to many of us this is why I brought it up so do not feel like an idiot.

Glad it solved your problem. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: