Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:53:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: What would you like to see next for the Bodyshape series?
More base-game outfits for the existing sizes - 146 (15.1%)
Custom/Celebrity Bodyshapes (like MillaJ meshes) - 127 (13.1%)
Totally original meshes like the Alpha Tshirt & Skirt, Marvine's heels - 235 (24.3%)
Variations on existing sizes (like a 38" Booty Hip set) - 107 (11.1%)
Expansion Set clothing for the existing sizes - 307 (31.7%)
Other (specify below) - 45 (4.7%)
Total Voters: 390

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL: What's Next for the Bodyshape Series?  (Read 75934 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
killercsaj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2007, 05:18:37 pm »

I'd like cartoon bodyshapes... Smiley

::smilieiforgetwhi::  ::smilieiforgetwhi::  ::smilieiforgetwhi::  Killercsaj's Pinup Fashion  ::smilieiforgetwhi::  ::smilieiforgetwhi::  ::smilieiforgetwhi::
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2007, 06:26:17 pm »

Ya know, no one's really done that shape justice in the game... I'll take that under serious consideration.  I think that idea combined with the Barbie Doll shape (which is really pretty similar) could be an interesting option.  I figure a 36D-24-36?  Hmm... Smiley

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
killercsaj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2007, 06:15:30 am »

If you would like, I will drawing what I am exactly thinking about it (in front and sideward too). (Cause its harder to write in english for me... lol.) SmileySmileySmiley
?

::smilieiforgetwhi::  ::smilieiforgetwhi::  ::smilieiforgetwhi::  Killercsaj's Pinup Fashion  ::smilieiforgetwhi::  ::smilieiforgetwhi::  ::smilieiforgetwhi::
themysticalone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2007, 07:07:16 am »

Warlokk: With that picture, it'd be like a 36D-18-36, I'd think.

Also; I totally missed the extra magnet releases.

Fodi is my comic.
Looking for a nice, organised table of all the bodyshape base sets and my recolors and conversions? Look here: Bodyshape Links
rivers77

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2007, 12:20:17 pm »

It has been some time since the last time I posted a thank you to Warlokk, so let me start off first by saying thanks.  You do amazing work and it's greatly appreciated.

I walk away from The Sims 2 from time to time, but I come back and play it again.  It seems that the newer meshes have caught on like wildfire and it looks as though the originals have been left behind.  Personally I still love the originals and I'd love to see the expansion pack clothing done for them.  Themysticalone did some amazing work and I thank him for that, but it would nice to see the ladies in the clothing from university, nightlife, business, and sooner or later seasons when I get around to getting it.  Does Pets offer new clothing too?  That's another thread I guess.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2007, 05:21:56 pm »

As far as I know Pets does not have any clothing at all, which is one reason why I never bothered with it, besides all the problems it caused.  I do plan to get Seasons however, and will probably do something with the outfits in it.

As for the older sizes, I released the magnets for them all some time ago, and we have a few folks taking up the job of converting more stuff.  I got a bit burned out with the sheer volume involved in anything for the original sizes, and am enjoying coming up with new shapes, so I'm glad these other folks have picked up where I left off with them, and will happily help wherever I can.

Chopperchic

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 09, 2007, 06:06:15 pm »

Hey Thanks again for all the work you have done.
So I just put in Seasons Tuesday. I use workout clothing for each bodyshape and use that for outerwear for the ladies. I will change the colors of the outfit usually so I can tell the difference between the bodyshapes. I run a mod to protect them for now. Thanks to your tutorials its easier to do.
sgestner

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2007, 07:21:48 am »

I would love to see the bsett heels on ALL of the outfits...just because it's so awesome...I also realize thats a LOT of work, so I'll just have to dream...

Quote from: Warlokk;765653
I do plan to get Seasons..., and will probably do something with the outfits in it.

Yay!!

Thanx much.
Sophie-David

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: June 20, 2007, 02:58:03 pm »

Quote from: Warlokk;764622
Yes, but the problem is there isn't a practical way to do this in the game... we have CAS collections that work to some extent, but they have to be built manually by the player, and they don't work when buying outfits for the sims in-game, plus when using Collections none of the descriptive text pops up.  If we had more filtering or organization tools available in the game it might be workable, but as it is, it would just be too much of a hassle to make sure you match the correct sizes together.

Yes, this really got me thinking, for indeed I do find it quite a problem finding custom sized clothing within the game, particularly after the CAS phase is over and I need to use the rather unhelpful built-in clothing selectors at the shops or online with Monique's Computer. I have about 5000 clothing recolours in my Downloads, and the whole thing was really getting quite unworkable. So I was determined to come up with some kind of solution, and have found a workaround that I find useful, at least until a better method can be devised. This is the tutorial: How to Manage Custom Sized Clothing.

Know that you are - already - the Christ, the Bodhisattva. By your great love the One became Many, as with delight and joy you assumed the cloak of duality. Form is made of but three things: energy, change, and love.
link01000

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2007, 04:37:01 pm »

You could make some EP clothes for 36DDD, or the original mesh, but w/ a smaller waist.
RisingSun
Designer

Designer extraordinaire!

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 02, 2007, 06:17:33 pm »

Whats the next bodyshape you thinking about working on or working on? Any heads up would satisfy alot of people's curiosities Smiley

There was talk of some toon like figure like a Jessica Rabbit or similar, but that seems to fall under the Rio size almost.

How about combining Spicygal, Powergirl and Fashion Model for that? The breasts on the Power and Fashion ones are perky.. something the other shapes don't have. Perhaps it's an idea to make more of those kinda breasts?

See my bodyshape series over at InSIMadult!
a87370ylgrc

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 02, 2007, 08:03:51 pm »

Hi I'm a BIG fan of disney's gargoyles tv show and comic book, I would Love it for gargoyle bodys to be made, with tails and talens and wings and horns, and eyebrow ridsges, and loin cloths. In an assortmant of colors. That would be aussome! I have asked for gargoyles for years and no one ever payed attention, but it would be really cool, and the perosn who made the mer peolple and satars and body builders could deffinatly do it! Thanks
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: July 02, 2007, 10:31:09 pm »

True Beos & Marvine may be able to pull something like that off, but it is completely unrelated to my Bodyshape project, and I am afraid FAR beyond my abilities.

tairourou

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 03, 2007, 08:37:27 pm »

I just want to see more of the 36 C set. If you could do versions of popular custom meshes or some more Maxis meshes in that size (like the black or the red dress with heels the Caliente sisters wear, the V-neck dress with a crinkle skirt from Nightlife, etc.) I would be very happy.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: July 03, 2007, 09:03:02 pm »

TheMysticalOne has converted a lot of the Maxis stuff already, it is posted around this section... as for custom meshes, I generally don't do them since the first time I tried I could not get permission to post it, so I stick with the Maxis stuff and my own work.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  

Jump to: