Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 02:13:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: why, why, why? see picture inside.  (Read 12228 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2007, 09:44:09 am »

Rue, Do you have the disk with the driver that shipped with your graphics card? If you do I would try that driver to see what happens. Just my opinion.

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
Rue

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2007, 09:50:05 am »

Quote from: billyd1000;531416
Rue, Do you have the disk with the driver that shipped with your graphics card? If you do I would try that driver to see what happens. Just my opinion.

That´s what I had from the beginning, though, and the game first froze in the neighbourhood 3 days after buying the pc. :sad4:

Also, about 4x, it even happened that the pc restarted itself in the neighbourhood view.

Read my story:
Awakening
Thiede won the spot of bassist in: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=27739 WHITE CLAUDIA
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2007, 10:54:01 am »

Rue, according to Nvidia site driver 93.71 is the latest available for your card. Which driver are you currently using?

Most of the driver problems are when people update to the latest release. The driver that ships with a card is usually very stable, if nothing else. If you are running a fairly old driver you may actually need a more recent release. My Fx5500 uses the same driver as yours. The last driver I updated to was back about 89.xx, which was not good at all for my card. I rolled it back to (I think) 77.71. I could be wrong because my desktop is unhooked at the moment, and in fact I haven't used it in a couple of months since going to use of my notebook full time. I am going to start using my desktop for making custom content after I get a bit better at it. I do not want too much on my notebooks drive.

After reading your last reply it sounds like you have never updated your drivers. This may be the best place to start, then go from there depending on the outcome. Of your 1 Gb of ram, how much is free for game play? The 1 Gb mark on my Desktop, yeilded about 750 Mb free for playing the sims 2. I had to restart about every two hours or my game would run at a crawl. I have not had this issue with the Notebooks 2 Gb's of ram, with about 1.5 Gb available for game play.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 10:59:47 am by billyd1000 » Logged

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
Dread

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2007, 01:46:02 pm »

Quote from: Rue;525407
Can anyone explain do me, why do things like this keep happening in my game?

Hmm... it's only ever been really, really slow for me. That looks like a crappy picture of the inside of your computer... look at the big box things... they look like computer chips.

A.S.S.
After School's Suck
See what I did?
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2007, 02:55:54 pm »

I was seeing on a different game forum that the 6600 series has problems depending on the driver - so I think perhaps the advice to "downgrade" the driver may be good advice here.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Rue

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2007, 09:03:02 am »

1) Stupid question. How can I find out what driver I currently have?

2) So the restarting in neighbourhood view happened again. Said system recovered after a serious error. :sad4: does that still seem like the graphic card issue?

Read my story:
Awakening
Thiede won the spot of bassist in: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=27739 WHITE CLAUDIA
Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2007, 09:32:25 am »

start/all programs/ea games/the sims 2/newest released ep/easy info

that will give you some information on your computer (including graphics card and driver)

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
Rue

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2007, 09:49:02 am »

Oh gee. I tried it again a while ago and for a change, the whole neighbourhood was bright blue-turquois. :sad4:

Read my story:
Awakening
Rue

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2007, 09:55:50 am »

Quote from: Sleepycat;533449
start/all programs/ea games/the sims 2/newest released ep/easy info

that will give you some information on your computer (including graphics card and driver)

easy info? I didn´t find anything like that, only "read me"

However, in "read me", there were some of problems similar to mine listed, so it´s quite clear now its graphic drivers/card.

Read my story:
Awakening
Rue

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2007, 04:27:16 pm »

Sorry to double post, but news on the topics. Most of my neighbourhood look normal, but the last one that restarted my pc earlier today is now constantly looking like this

And it is impossible to scroll in it. :sad4:

/it might seem to be looking normal, but its not, it is very dark/

Read my story:
Awakening
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2007, 08:57:27 pm »

Did you click the Day/Night Icon in the UI?  From the looks of the cars' headlights, it looks like the neighborhood is in night mode.  Don't know about the not being able to scroll in part... now that I think about it did you install any custom camera files lately?

And how is your graphics card doing since I've last posted?  I hope things get better!  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 09:01:01 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Rue

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2007, 09:27:44 pm »

Quote from: TenshiiAkari12;534517
Did you click the Day/Night Icon in the UI?  From the looks of the cars' headlights, it looks like the neighborhood is in night mode.  Don't know about the not being able to scroll in part... now that I think about it did you install any custom camera files lately?

And how is your graphics card doing since I've last posted?  I hope things get better!  Smiley

Not really, the hood started to be this dark by itself... also, I never installed any camera files. Sad Since you last posted, pc rebooted several times while in neighbourhood view, so.... things s-uck. Sad

Read my story:
Awakening
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2007, 08:15:59 am »

eww Nvidia never have had any thing good come from them....

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2007, 08:44:17 am »

So even if you click the Day/Night icon, the neighborhood still stays dark?  Wow...  I guess if possible you might want to invest in a different video card.  Personally, I don't have anything using Nvidia.  I thought ATI Radeon was bad, but after finding an alternate driver other than the official ones that worked for me, my BSOD (blue screen of death...pure evil!) was a thing of the past.  Like the others have said, try either rolling back to an older video driver, or finding an alternate driver that is highly approved.

Rue

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2007, 11:23:46 am »

so does anyone have an idea how to find out what drivers I have now?

Read my story:
Awakening
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: