Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 05:14:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hmm... Bodyshop is Crashing...  (Read 2846 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« on: January 19, 2007, 08:50:04 am »

I guess either I've reached my computer's limit, or Bodyshop no longer likes me.  Every time I open it up and wait for the long amount of time it takes to boot, somwhere in the middle of loading it crashes.  This started happening Wednesday night, because it was working perfectly Tuesday.  It's funny, because my actual game works fine, yet when I'm ready to recolor something, bodyshop doesn't want to open up for me.  :smt120  

Any suggestions?  :angel:

collector9

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 02:41:08 pm »

when things start to mess for me I often just run with a clean windows installation and things usualy fix itself ...

some may run windows and install and uninstall silly amounts of programs for years without problems, and some can´t use their windows after 1month due to some program messing things up =/

the usual 'fixes' are the new DX, graphic drivers etc.
but it sounds strange (even for windows) to just stop working from one day to another ...

installed or changed anything? maybe you saved/opened something the last time in a directory that no longer is there. I know old windows programs sometimes had issues with this ...
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 03:14:51 pm »

Okay.  It is one of those two.  I deleted the groups.cache and the cigen.package files, and it still didn't work, so it's definitely got to be a crap file in my saved sims folder.  Thanks!

Sleepycat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 06:48:29 pm »

most of the time when Bodyshop crashes it is due to a corrupted file, usually a custom sim.

Crazy Town - home of my Sim stories & SC4 Terrains, Sims, hairy Skintones and some clothes & stuff.
Simbology
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 04:46:10 pm »

(The thread can be closed now.)  Cheesy

Found him, and kicked his but out of my folder.  Must have downloaded him by accident because I've never seen him before. Oh well, thanks everyone!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: