Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:26:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The "World Traveller Dactylograph" by BeOSBoxBoy (CEP required)  (Read 53559 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2007, 02:03:53 am »

The "Chancellor's One-Hit-Wonder" by BeOSBoxBoy
and
The "Ministry of War's Answer" by BeOSBoxBoy
Eighteenth & nineteenth installments of the Post-Modernist Office.

"We've always been at war with Eurasia."

*BASE OBJECTs*

*BASE OBJECTs*
[/B]

The "Chancellor's One-Hit-Wonder" (description)
A free-flowing musical masterpiece, "Chancellor's One-Hit-Wonder" is a daring piece of introspective diplomacy, a unique piece of foreign policy, and -- as with it's sister poece -- a segment of steel reminiscent of a mother's love.

Cloned from '"Immobile Chimes" Mobile in Steel' - at least one EP may be required, base game only compatibility is not guaranteed. CEP is required. Get CEP here -> http://cep.modthesims2.com/

This item will display in scultptures by type and the study by room. It costs: §1500 - cheaper in quantity! See the "Ministry of War's Answer" below!

The "Ministry of War's Answer" (description)
Are you having problems with wayward neighbouring states? The Ministry of War's Answer is a remarkable combination dimplomacy and protector. The beautiful curved design attracts only good doiplomatic Karma, while the green, central, cylinder funnels any bad diplomatic Karma away. Best of all, the open ended design allows it to be easily moved to any part of the world in need of an instant boost of positive energy.

Cloned from "The My-Chi Sculpture Form" - at least one EP may be required, base game only compatibility is not guaranteed. CEP is required. Get CEP here -> http://cep.modthesims2.com/

This item will display in sculptures by type and the study by room. It costs: §2500.

Poly-count Information:
The "Chancellor's One-Hit-Wonder" - single bomb
Faces: 894
Vertices: 798

The "Ministry of War's Answer" - group of 3 bombs
Faces: 2606
Vertices: 2242

Usage Policy:
This object may be recoloured without permission. The mesh may be included with your recolours on any site with credit to Marvine & BeOSBoxBoy.

This item may be included in lots uploaded to any Internet host EXCEPT THE EXCHANGE! The Exchange is evil and a black pit of intellectual property theft. If you upload this or any work by Marvine & BeOSBoxBoy to the Exchange very bad things may happen to you - you could start voting Republican or you may start believing that people like you when they really don't. So beware!

Doom! Doom! Doom! Now have fun![/SIZE][/FONT]

* beos_office-bombs.rar (157.03 KB - downloaded 738 times.)

* bomb.jpg (114.59 KB, 700x464 - viewed 6375 times.)
* beos_office-single-bomb.rar (145.73 KB - downloaded 802 times.)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 11:11:00 am by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2007, 02:59:30 pm »

The "Ministry of Justice's Obfuscation" by BeOSBoxBoy
Twentieth installment of the Post-Modernist Office.

A tribute to all the men and women who help develop legal systems that are unintelligible and inefficient.

Sometimes you need to give the people symbols they can recognise and understand, this is called "obfuscation" -- so in your police state, you need a symbol for justice (sic) that the people can rely on.  Made of cold-hearted marble and greedy gold, this masterwork of obfuscation communitcates to your unwashed masses that "money equals justice".

*BASE OBJECT*

*BASE OBJECT*

Cloned from "SimCity at Night" - at least one EP may be required, base game only compatibility is not guaranteed. CEP is required. Get CEP here -> http://cep.modthesims2.com/

This item will display in wall-hangings by type, and the study and outdoors by room.

NOTA BENE - this item is meant for two-wall height areas to maintain the overstated pseudo-classical effect of real Halls of Justice (sic).

Poly-count Information:
Faces: 1615
Vertices: 1594

Usage Policy:
This object may be recoloured without permission. The mesh may be included with your recolours on any site with credit to Marvine & BeOSBoxBoy.

This item may be included in lots uploaded to any Internet host EXCEPT THE EXCHANGE! The Exchange is evil and a black pit of intellectual property theft. If you upload this or any work by Marvine & BeOSBoxBoy to the Exchange very bad things may happen to you - you could start voting Republican or you may start believing that people like you when they really don't. So beware!

Doom! Doom! Doom! Now have fun![/SIZE][/FONT]

* ministry.jpg (133.73 KB, 700x512 - viewed 6263 times.)
* beos_office-justice.rar (279.1 KB - downloaded 1062 times.)

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2007, 11:02:20 am »

"Hero of the Revolution" by Marvine & BeOSBoxBoy
Twenty-first Installment of the Post-Modernist Office.

Special thanks to Marvine for being smarter than me and figuring out a smoothing problem.
Special thanks to Kavar for his help with the laurel wreath.
Special thanks to Louis (Ren) of SimCribbling/MTS2 for her skintones which were modified for the bust texture.

A nation is driven forward by the ambition and dedication of its heroic people. Sometimes one stands out among the others (usually a relative of the Fearless Leader) that deserves especial note.  Such is our young "Hero of the Revolution".

*BASE OBJECT*

*BASE OBJECT*

Cloned from 'Museé Public "Collection Sculpture"' - at least one EP may be required, base game only compatibility is not guaranteed. CEP is required. Get CEP here -> http://cep.modthesims2.com/

Available in Futurist Chrome, Resolved Iron, and Popularist Bronze; base available in Cold-Hearted Marble or Serious Black.

This item will display in sculptures items by type and the study by room.

Poly-count Information:
Faces: 3031
Vertices: 2353

Usage Policy:
This object may be recoloured without permission. Unlike the other meshes in this collection, the mesh may NOT be included with your recolours on any site, please link back to this thread for the mesh.

This item may NOT be included in lots uploaded to any Internet host except lots posted on InSIMenator.net and its adult sister site.

Doom! Doom! Doom! Now have fun!

Please read: Change of policy

[/SIZE][/FONT]

* hero-detail.jpg (110.07 KB, 601x718 - viewed 6534 times.)

* hero-group.jpg (107.37 KB, 700x564 - viewed 2044 times.)
* beos_office-bust_rev2.rar (895.11 KB - downloaded 1350 times.)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 02:37:32 am by ~Marvine~ » Logged

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2007, 07:43:07 am »

"Fire of the Revolution" Lighting System

*1 TILE CEILING LIGHT*

*2 TILE CEILING LIGHT (University EP Required)*

*1 TILE WALL LIGHT*

I ran short on sassy descriptions, thus the break in the pace of posting.  I am sorry that the 2-tile light is Uni EP req'd, but it was the best match for the lighting radiance I had found Sad[/SIZE][/FONT]

* ceiling-light.jpg (223.55 KB, 700x527 - viewed 6149 times.)

* 2-tile-ceiling-light.jpg (88.21 KB, 600x450 - viewed 6073 times.)

* 2-tile-ceiling-light-2.jpg (72.25 KB, 600x450 - viewed 1974 times.)
* beos_office-ceiling-light_rev2.rar (75.18 KB - downloaded 1237 times.)
* beos_office-ceiling-light-no2-UniEP-reqd.rar (67.71 KB - downloaded 1129 times.)

* wall-light.jpg (64.85 KB, 600x450 - viewed 6062 times.)
* beos-office-wall-light_rev2.rar (71 KB - downloaded 1333 times.)

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2006, 03:02:51 pm »

As you may already know, this is a series of items based on my idea of realism that is conspicuous by its absence in The Sims 2. It is a body of work I dedicate to a group of marvelous artists that make items that I use extensively in my game: ::smilieiforgetwhi::Cyclonesue::smilieiforgetwhi:: (TSR), Katy_76 (Sims Mod Board), Olemantiker (InSIM, etc), ::smilieiforgetwhi::Padre333::smilieiforgetwhi:: (TSR), Shakeshaft (TSR), ::smilieiforgetwhi::ShannaniSims::smilieiforgetwhi:: (TSR etc), Solander (Pimp-my-Sims), Suzanne (Sim People & Me), Windkeeper (TSR etc).

These items may be recoloured without explicit permission - give credit to Marvine & BeOSBoxBoy.

Except where marked "InSIMenator Exclusive" - You may include the base mesh with your recolours.

If you wish to use the 3D-models used in this project to learn or to modify for your own projects, they are available for FREE here: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=33824 - you may use them in whole or in part without even crediting me! Yes, I made them, but it is about the game, not about me.

These items may be included in lots that you share with people - except the Exchange. The only place that this body of work is forbidden for use is the Exchange. The Exchange is evil and a black pit of intellectual property theft. If you upload this or any work by Marvine & BeOSBoxBoy to the Exchange very bad things may happen to you - you could start voting Republican or you may start believing that people like you when they really don't. So beware!

So to re-cap: DON'T UPLOAD THIS OR ANY OF MARVINE & BEOSBOXBOY'S WORK TO THE EXCHANGE!

Other than that, be nice to one another, share your creations, and have fun.

Suggested Downloads:
- Post-Modernist Collection Files

* dactylograpgh_blue.jpg (103.36 KB, 600x450 - viewed 2057 times.)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 08:54:25 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2007, 07:06:36 am »

General Dissatisfaction Chess Table

In the oppressive police state, logic and order are the only expression of self allowed.  So let your scant intelligentsia express themselves at the General Dissatisfaction Chess Table.

Comes in the Post-Modernist colours: Decadent Aristocracy Gold, Faded Glory Blue, Failed Foreign Policy Green, Post-Industrial Mustard, Petite Bourgeoisie Pink, and Fading Empire Red.

Find items to match these here: The Post-Modernist Collection Objects (regrouped)

Credits:

Mesh is totally Maxis, I remapped the bejeezus out of it.

Policy:

After trying to extend my sphere of power through mind control waves (which failed miserably), I have decided on a more indirect approach of being nice to people.  Maybe you should try it.

* chessboard02.jpg (119.7 KB, 600x428 - viewed 1932 times.)

* chessboard.jpg (109.84 KB, 600x424 - viewed 1924 times.)
* beos_GeneralDissatisfactionChessTable.rar (155.28 KB - downloaded 545 times.)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 08:51:38 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2007, 01:53:14 am »

Counters are really about the most beastly things you can ever want to make for the Sims 2.  I tried using Numenor's counter template, which I am sure can be used to good effect as demonstrated by the many counters out there based on them, but, trying to decypher all the steps it took to use them, I lost all hope of following the logic.  I ended up making my own clone based on the Numica counter with SimPE and beating on it mercilessly for about 3 hours... you don't need to know the details, but let's say drinking cold coffee, smoking, and cursing in Russian may not constitute as part of the normal creative process for most people, but these things have become fundamental to the way I make things.  Right now I could do with a dose of thorazine or maybe a dose of atropine to counter-act the massive amounts of caffiene now in my blood stream....

Sleep? who can sleep when there is the Dark Lord's work to be done?

bleurg... I forgot the credits and stuff...

Credits:
Me, me, me, me, me, me, me and me for the eight miserable times I tried making this kisser of unwashed goat bottoms.
Dizi for asking for something that should have been easier, damn EA
EA/Maxis for the countertop and texture of the countertop, blatantly ripped from the University EP

Details:
Find in the catalogue with counters (naturally)
Faces: 526 or less (four versions of the mesh are required for counters)
Cost: same as the Numica counter... whatever that is >_<

Policy:
All pain is instructive.... but let's not push it, okay?

* office_counter_red.jpg (78.45 KB, 600x368 - viewed 1842 times.)

* office_counter_pink.jpg (77.29 KB, 600x368 - viewed 1900 times.)

* office_counter_mustard.jpg (76.02 KB, 600x368 - viewed 1892 times.)

* office_counter_green.jpg (75.67 KB, 600x368 - viewed 1889 times.)

* office_counter_blue.jpg (77.64 KB, 600x368 - viewed 1868 times.)

* office_counter.jpg (78.02 KB, 600x368 - viewed 1906 times.)
* office counter.rar (318.99 KB - downloaded 850 times.)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 08:51:07 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2007, 11:28:45 pm »

The gate was an absolute frik-frakkin' nightmare - I had to choose between it matching the fence with the lights on or off, I chose "lights on" as the best match state. In a dark environment it will appear darker than the corresponding fencing.  I cannot thank EA enough for making gates, doors, and windows behave completely different than all other objects with regard to lighting... the bastards... ...only took 13 hours of testing in game to get this even close to right.

Any way, now you can cage in those precious dread tomes of forbidden knowledge.

These are incredibly low-poly to sort of make up for the matching shelves being a bit high poly.  Available in all the same colours as the "Stacks" book-cases: Pale Institutional Green, Grey, Dusty Rose, Beige, and Rusted Metal.

Enjoy!

* dustyRose_fence_600.jpg (170.56 KB, 600x457 - viewed 1943 times.)

* beige_fence_600.jpg (209.89 KB, 600x457 - viewed 1923 times.)

* fences_group_600.jpg (162.5 KB, 600x457 - viewed 1895 times.)

* green_fence_600.jpg (161.66 KB, 600x457 - viewed 1843 times.)

* grey_fence_600.jpg (188.07 KB, 600x457 - viewed 1879 times.)

* rustedMetal_fence_600.jpg (207.17 KB, 600x457 - viewed 1851 times.)

* gate_600.jpg (180.62 KB, 600x457 - viewed 1867 times.)
* stacksFencing.rar (186.3 KB - downloaded 958 times.)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 08:50:09 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2007, 02:50:38 am »

Every university with a large library of modern (not so rare) books, has to find a storage solution for those thousands of volumes, Miskatonic University is no different from any other secondary learning institution in this regard.  Dr. Henry Armitage, chief librarian of the Miskatonic University Library, chose Pabodie metal shelving made by the family of the late Professor Frank H. Pabodie who died during the University's Antarctic Expedition of 1930-31.

Presented here in Pale Institutional Green (base item), Beige, Dusty Rose, Grey, and Rusted Metal

Details:
"Double Stacks"
Catalogued with "knowledge" items under Hobbies
400§
Faces: 2218
Vertices: 3720
This is a two tile item designed to allow long rows of shelving for the look of a proper library.

"Single Stacks" (not pictured since they are identical to the "front" of the double stacks
Catalogued with "knowledge" items under Hobbies
400§
Faces: 1472
Vertices: 2676
A single texture is used for both the shelving and the books in this version

Credits:
James E. Morrow Library, Marshall University for allowing me to tour the rat's maze of their million plus book collection for some hours to get a proper look and feel (in all truth I got lost in all the floors, half floors, spiral stairs, basements, and sub-basements)
Howard Phillips Lovecraft for "The Dunwich Horror" (1929) and "At The Mountains of Madness" (1936)
August Derleth for The Lurker at the Threshold (1945)
Maxis for the book textures
Texturing assistance from Animax.it.  Images used with permission.

Policy:
Always leave the doors to your home locked, this prevents strangers and people you know from just walking in.

* stacks_group.jpg (152.15 KB, 600x398 - viewed 1837 times.)

* stacks_biege.jpg (170.75 KB, 437x719 - viewed 1859 times.)

* stacks_green_baseItem.jpg (175.72 KB, 437x719 - viewed 1869 times.)

* stacks_grey.jpg (173.39 KB, 437x719 - viewed 1808 times.)

* stacks_rustedMetal.jpg (191.86 KB, 437x719 - viewed 1774 times.)

* stacks_salmon.jpg (176.57 KB, 437x719 - viewed 1800 times.)

* stacks_details.jpg (421.02 KB, 1020x738 - viewed 1840 times.)
* beos_ArkhamLibraryStacksDouble.rar (875.88 KB - downloaded 831 times.)
* beos_ArkhamLibraryStacksSingle.rar (836.73 KB - downloaded 840 times.)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 08:48:27 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2007, 12:05:14 am »

UPDATE 18 May 2007: the transparency problem was corrected through the surgical skills of Monshanjik, so a big squishy man hug to him.  Please re-download this object, the corrected file will over-write to old buggy one.

Far from perfect, I never was able to figure out how to make the rings on the sprial notebook work right; but after much beating and name-calling of various versions of SimPE, a new item for your post-modern needs.

You may clone, copy, recolour, redistribute, fold, spindle, or mutilate as you see fit.

There is a recolour of the Maxis Penn Station wood chair that matches the table, filing cabinet, and this desk attached as well.

CEP is required for these to work, as usual.

Enjoy Smiley

* beos_office_wood-writing-desk_rev2.rar (287.22 KB - downloaded 597 times.)

* policestatewritingdesk.jpg (240.95 KB, 1020x738 - viewed 1955 times.)
* beos_PennStaChairWood-varnished-oak.rar (30.55 KB - downloaded 641 times.)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 08:46:49 pm by ~Marvine~ » Logged

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2007, 12:39:06 am »

Tread Maintenance Notice

The remarks formerly posted in this thread have been archived here: Commentary, Thanks, & Feedback -- in order to allow the various objects that constitute the "Post-Modernist" theme to be regrouped without commentary between the posted objects of the set.

Items formerly in separate threads have been transferred to this thread for ease of finding all the Post-Modernist objects in one thread.  Additional items will be added to this thread as needed 30-90 days from the date of their initial release.

Please post comments here: Commentary, Thanks, & Feedback

Please post requests or ideas for furniture items in the Post-Modernist theme here: Commentary & Wish List

Download collection files for the Post-Modernist set here: Post-Modernist Collection Files

nekoanomaly

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2008, 02:22:15 pm »

wow thanks for all these grate props
eve70

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2008, 11:07:09 pm »

Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 11:20:30 pm by eve70 » Logged

Emotional Abyss:boohoo:
eve70

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2008, 11:18:44 pm »

Nevermind...they popped up right after my silly question!  Thanks!

Emotional Abyss:boohoo:
montrealpsycho

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2008, 05:41:31 pm »

I think I had even more fun reading the descriptions than downloading them all. I'm stii laughing my %&$ off. Thanks for both! :worship:
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: