Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 10:20:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Left to their own devices...  (Read 4858 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
aenlaasu

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2007, 02:36:02 am »

When you give them free rein, what do your sims choose to do?

Mine, in a well furnished house with plenty of fun items.. gather in the kitchen (usually in front of the sink) or in the bathroom and hold a 'mutual congradulation' party with the occasional dirty joke thrown in.  Or if a child is present, they'll stand around him/her and shuffle over who gets to 'dance together' next.  All this with the 'desperate need' tantrum between their turns.

I've occasionally let them go to see how far they would take it. I've had 4 of them pass out which left the last sim standing to stagger off to bed, several accidents, and in the case of the child trapped with the 'dance together', leave the mortal existance. Tongue

So, is this true of most sims or are mine just freaks in desperate need of micromanagement or some of Squinge's 'no autonomous' mods? Tongue
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 07:40:41 am »

:evil4:  I couldn't subject my sims (or myself) to that type of torture, unless I really hate them, or I'm in a destructive mood.  Plus the fact that I have so many non-autonomous hacks that my sims usually stand around looking like idiots.  The only over-acting interaction I have is pillow fight, and only sims who know each other better will participate.  Others will just stand around and near wet themselves/pass out from exhaustion.  It's even funnier when they get hungry and try to cook a meal when their cooking skill is low.  Top it off with no fire alarm, and you get one of the funniest moments in the game....yeah, it's sick but entertaining.   :smile bi:

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 10:14:57 am »

Either my sims are smart or there's a hack at play here, but when they're in desperate need of sleep/paying a visit/eating, they do it by themselves :b I've often left my sims to it when I can't think of something for them to do - great fun with six dorm-mates after setting their sexual preferences... :smt120

Mind you, I also have the closer family mod installed for a story I'm writing, so things get pretty interesting on that score too... don't think I can post more on this forum though Wink

No requests please
Foxybaby

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 06:08:28 pm »

Mine usually take it in turns to force feed the baby and then swap cibs if there's more than 1 on the lot-they do this until they drop with exhaustion or the baby explodes-whichever comes first!

CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 03:25:54 am »

Hmm, let's see...I have the Autonomous Casual Romance and Zombie Apocalypse mods from MATY installed, so my entire sim community is either fighting, being zombified, or getting down and dirty with one another!! My Strangetown keeps getting stranger all the time...

:blob6:
Feisty32
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 12:03:35 pm »

i never leave my sims to their own devices there just so damn stupid hahaha. Grin
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 12:46:04 pm »

A hilarious experiment, and one I did a few years back and am tempted to do again, is to make eight sims with a different combinations of personality, likes and dislikes, put them in a house, give them free will and just sit back and watch what happens.

The last time I did it I had one survivor LMAO.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 02:30:29 pm »

I've left them to their own on a few occations - and wonders of all wonders, most of them managed to survive... though, I've had a couple of fires, social workers getting the children, simmies going crazy (social bunny or psychiatrist), ghosts, and so on.

though, never fall asleep with free will off, and the game in live mode... I think there was maybe one surviver, and he was extremely hungry...

oh, and feed the birds... they can't be left alone for hours without food or cleaning... I've often found Penguin the Parrot (from LFB, if you don't know) surrounded by green smoke and flies  just because I did not watch him for an hour or two...

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Naria
Jedi Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 03:03:32 pm »

In all 9 years I've been playing the Sims ... I have never left them to their own devices.

I think I'm going to have to play with Free Will on now.

My other ride is a chocobo.
Feisty32
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 10:50:13 pm »

A hilarious experiment, and one I did a few years back and am tempted to do again, is to make eight sims with a different combinations of personality, likes and dislikes, put them in a house, give them free will and just sit back and watch what happens.

The last time I did it I had one survivor LMAO.

do that i guarantee you will have countless hours of hysterical laughter i've done that before and i always give the 8 sims i creature the same zodiac sigh scorpio and the popular aspiration do that and watch the fun begin countless hours of hysterical and non stop laughter.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 03:29:51 am by Feisty32 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: