Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 08:05:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with Fish and other Seasons actions  (Read 20888 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dunner

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2007, 10:06:26 pm »

All of these questions are with the game newly installed and no hacks inside of my downloads folder.

First of all, the pool's graphics are BAD... I mean, the water is completely still... as still as the ponds. I'm guessing that it's some sort of auto-disable thing from Maxis (similar to the sims limits at parties?), but now my pools don't have any movement, reflection or anything.

Second, I can fish in my ponds; they're both deep and wide enough, but I can't actually SEE the fish in the pond until they catch them. I thought from the trailers/videos that you should be able to see them?

And, last, none of my sims will overheat or freeze to death, either one! They'll get cold (that is, their temperature gauge will turn blue and drop), but that's all that happens... In fact, it will sometimes balance back out into the green and then it won't change at all. I have heard that this could be a problem involving sims using custom content though.

All of my in game graphics settings are to either high and medium, according to what it is... My reflections are turned on and I don't see why my pool water looks so bland.

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 11:53:18 pm »

In regards to the fish/water problem, they probably adjusted the requirements for it again. Prior to Open for Business, I used to be able to see fish in my aquariums. From that EP forward, they disappeared. As I expected with Seasons, I don't see fish in my pond either. From what I understand, it's mostly related to your video card. Here's a somewhat-related thread explaining that (and a possible fix):

Fishless Fish Tanks:
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=24972

As for the overheating/freezing to death issue, I've experienced that as well. From what I've experienced, custom objects that cause your Sim to change clothes (LizzLove's Swinger's Bed, for example) seems to cause the game to ignore the consequences from overexposure.

...I'm still investigating this issue.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
Dunner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 02:10:21 am »

Whoo!

'boolprop useshaders true' worked fine; all my little fishies blipped in place (including the ones in the pond) and my swimming pool reanimated.

The only problem was that the pool's floor tiles were flashing blue, but since Season allows you to change them now, I just put down a new type and it's all good.

Now, we've just got to worry about the freeze/heat thing. lol

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
tiffyt11206

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 01:25:07 am »

I used boolprop cheat that and nothing happened. I don't get the snow x-ray options, my pools are boring and I haven't seen fish in my tanks for a while now. Sad
Do I have to enter it then restart my game or does it reset and I have to do it every time I play?
This bites. I have a really good video card, I do not want to or plan to buy a new one.
Dunner

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 02:27:55 am »

Unless you add it to the startup.cheat file, you'll have to type it in every time you play. Type it in on the Neighborhood screen, though, not on a lot, or the pools won't update.

Also, fish in the ponds take just a few "sim minutes" to appear. They'll stick their heads up in the water and then start swimming around.

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 06:34:21 pm »

Ok on Eric's desktop he can't see the fish in the lake. The rest of the graphics are perfect and the useshaders is already working properly yet he can't see the fish.

Has anyone see this or have any clue for a fix?
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 06:36:15 pm »

I don't see fish either .. I just click on the pond and tell the sim to fish

granted all she's caught so far is an old boot ... whether you have to be up to a cetain badge level before the fish populate the pond I don't know

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 06:42:56 pm »

It populated automatically for me. I checked the bbs and people are referring to incompatiable graphic cards yet his card is well above the min specs and is on the list of compatiable cards.

never mind rofl He just had to make it super deep to see them
harrybaby0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 06:54:35 pm »

hi,

I see fish and they are pretty big sized. like 4 swim around all the time.
hope that helps anyone.

harry
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 07:02:19 pm »

I made a bottomless pit almost, saw 2 when I went back to play mode, then nothing again *shrugs* dunno, maybe I'm not destined to have fish!!

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
maniac19642003
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 07:05:38 pm »

I have lots of fish in my one pond, tho cant seem to get the fishing option like others.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 07:08:48 pm »

I saw twinnum's thread here .. the last post about boolprop useshaders true ... I now have tons of whoppers in my pond!!

kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2007, 07:10:12 pm »

Quote from: Aliwag;606285
I made a bottomless pit almost, saw 2 when I went back to play mode, then nothing again *shrugs* dunno, maybe I'm not destined to have fish!!
ugh I think this is more than a graphics issue. Do you see fish in the fish tanks?

And Mark if you beta test, hint hint, you will be able to fish.
maniac19642003
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2007, 07:34:58 pm »

Its not that big a deal for me right now Kathy, I only have the one pond out of 2 houses built in my hood so I can wait to fish til Eric gets it finished.
adamfool99

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 07:41:17 pm »

Quote from: Aliwag;606285

I seem to be having the same problem. I can see the fish swimming in my pond but I cannot get options to go fishing. I get that Star icon when I scroll over the pond, but when click i get nothin . . . ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: