Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 01:08:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Time has stopped  (Read 1856 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
babyblue1387

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2007, 09:55:37 pm »

Ok. Here's the deal. I was installing my weekly downloads today and went to go play the sims. It took FOREVER to load, something it hadn't done since I got a new graphics card. Then it just kept on loading when I tried to move a sim into a house. It was going for something like 15 minutes and finally I just quit and went to go check my downloads folder. I just downloaded squinge's communitylotwedding mod and figured that was the one fudging things up. I didn't check the dates on it, but figured that it was old because it said compaitble with inteen v1. I really needed it for my story, so I didn't think anything of it.

Repeated the process of trying to load the game (again taking forever) and finally got into the sim's house. Everything was fine: I was able to redecorate and run him into the poor house, but when I got ready to play, nothing happened. I was trying to set him up some bills, but he never actually performed the action, then I realized why. TIME WASN'T MOVING. It was stuck on 8:00. I tried speeding it up and slowing it down, going into the different modes etc etc and nothing worked. So I quit.

I reorganized my downloads folder, adding sub folders and spending something like 4 HOURS cleaning and reorganizing, thinking that this would make things better, only now, I can't get into ANY house at all! Did I mess things up by adding sub folders? are the sub folders supposed to have specific names? Does it really matter?

I'm getting seasons within the next two days, so I'm kinda wondering if it's worth it to try and fix this (maybe seasons will do that for me). The one thing that I am NOT doing is re-installing pets. I don't care. I've had to do that too much already and I'll be DAMNED if I have to do it again. That's an absolute last resort (you don't know how many good sims I lost, and then I had to move to a new computer too...sigh...). I also tried deleting the .cache files and such, and still no luck.

any help?
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 10:46:33 pm »

The situation you describe is almost always caused by an incompatiable mod. Try to pull your Downloads folder to your desk top, then delete your Groups.cache folder, and then try to load the game and enter a lot. If this goes smoothly follow the suggestion that have been made numerous times for finding the problem mod\hack.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 10:47:04 pm by billyd1000 » Logged

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
Micco

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 07:48:24 am »

Open the cheat window and type "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" before you enter the lot. If you get any pop-ups on entry, select delete and make note of what caused the error so you can hopefully get rid of it later.

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 12:15:48 pm »

This has now majorly pissed me off. I've been through my downloads folder a billion times with clean installer, reviewed any hacks I have, checked for compatibility and all that crap, and my game still won't load. I completely removed my hacks and mods sub folder and the game still won't load individual houses. I got rid of the cache files and still no luck. I can go through each of the neighborhoods, load the sub hoods, load CAS but NOT THE LOTS!! This is going to make me stab the computer.:smt120
Henrik

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 01:02:51 pm »

I had this problem with an earlier expansion pack, think it was nightlife or university. It turned out it was the insimenator that caused it. I just removed it from my download folder and time started moving again in the game:) I just waited for the next release of the insimenator and then it worked fine Smiley

Hope that helps:)

Find more of my creations at Wickedsims
SAVE JERICHO!!!
http://www.savejerichoagain.com
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 06:56:58 am »

In the case you have to move the downloads folder, you should move everything, not only mods and hacks. Objects are also hacked and you can also have a simple recolor that became corrupted. I got a huge problem once because of a corrupted eye color. So, I always think that the best you all can do (as I tried many times before) is to keep a clean install of the 3 main hoods always handy. So everytime you install new EPs you can take all your hoods out and place those 3 main starts. As they do not have anything modded or hacked, all the downloads can be safely taken out. The game SHOULD work feilfree or something is deadly wrong.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: