Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 09:43:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A few questions...  (Read 2286 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ladyhawke976

View Profile
« on: March 06, 2007, 07:06:55 pm »

Since I just downloaded the Seasons Expansion Pack, I thought this might be a good place to ask these questions. (I had put them on the introduction board. My bad.)

1. I recently purchased the Seasons expansion pack and was excited to see the new option for putting away leftovers. However, the book says that if I want to eat these at a later time, I simply click on the refrigerator and select 'Get Leftovers'. However, this option has yet to be available to me. I can put them away, but can never seem to retrieve them. Would anyone know why?

2. I have a few houses that I downloaded from the internet. I love the looks and the layouts of them, but they usually come on small lots. With Seasons I like to garden but the lot leaves me little to no room. Is there a hack or a way to expand the lots without moving my family or the homes?

3. Like most of you, discipline is an issue in my game, lol. My kids can pretty much do whatever they want (Play in the toilet, jump on beds, fight, belch at the table or sneak out at night) with no repercussions. It kind of makes me insane that my sims will lecture an infant for a dirty diaper - something which an infant can not control - but not pull away a toddler who is playing in the toilet bowl or correct my childs table manners. So, the lecture hack that I downloaded from this sight was something. However, I noticed that while it was installed I couldn't do certain things without getting an error message. I tried speaking with a garden club associate or adopting a child and everytime it would throw up an error so that I had to reset. It continued until I removed the hack from my system. Would anyone know why I'm having this problem?

If it helps in any way to know, I have all the expansions downloaded.

I appreciate any input.

Thanks!
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 07:21:52 pm »

ladyhawke - it is normal that major changes take place in the game's coding when an expansion pack is released, so there is a lag time as hack masters learn the changed code, then find ways to make it all work again.

as for changing the size of lots, none that I trust.  there is a lot expander on MTS2 but it is an abandonned bit of software and has no real support since Nightlife & Open for Business.  I don't know if it is even safe to use in a Seasons game because of the wode changes to the lots to make them have seasonal changes and gardens.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Auronette

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 07:39:13 pm »

On your first question regarding the leftovers, are you by chance using a custom fridge?  If so, the code on it may need to be updated before you can use it correctly with Seasons.  

Not sure what it would be if you're not using a custom fridge. Sad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I'd love to share what I've done at other sites. Please don't take it for granted, if you would like to upload my items to other sites, ask me. It may take a little while to get back to you, but you've got a 99.999% chance I'll do i
baileybop
Squinge Is My Mastah

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 09:46:48 pm »

The Lot Expander program at MTS2 does not work from Pets on up. If you really like the house layout, and I have that problem too, what I did was to map the house out on a piece of graph paper, and then just rebuilt it on the lot size I wanted. As far as I know this is the only way to get around that.

As for the hack, is it the updated one for EP5, or an older one?
Squinge has a list of updated hacks for Season's, just check the list.

I stalk...... oh no, I mean I worship the Hack_Mastah, Squinge :worship:
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 03:23:10 am »

to combat the lecturing for a dirty nappy you need to go to MATY and download a hack called antibabylecture Cheesy

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 12:26:37 pm »

If you are using Squinge lecture any sim mod, it needed to be updated for the EP5.  You should get this updated version.
Ladyhawke976

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 05:42:37 pm »

Thank you all very much for the answers! I appreciate it a great deal!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: