Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 07:51:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crashing In Clothes and In Maxis UN Lot  (Read 3689 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
alamb1

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2007, 10:21:57 pm »

All of a sudden, since Seasons, my game has crashed on me, several times in womens pj's and tonight when I went to go into a community lot on University.  I was in lots and houses and wanted to go into the student center to edit it and it crashed.  I am not sure in Sims 2 how to check the skins for a bad one and why would a lot made by Maxis crash my game trying to go in to just edit it?  I have never been in there before in this neighborhood, this is in Riverblossom.

I have the latest Insim 2.6b and moniques updated computer, the phone hack, updated and the college adjuster. Other then that in my game I only have the multi painting and no-empty potty.  I have all EP's and fun stuff and glamor life.  I do not have the holiday fun pack.

If some one could help me figure out how to check my skins and tell me what could cause the lot to crash, I'd appreciate it.  :smile: :worship:
Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 01:22:52 am »

Try turning on the cheat 'boolprop testingcheatsenabled true/false' and you should get the error message
alamb1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 05:28:50 pm »

Thank you so much for answering, I was about to give up.   I am spending the time in Body shop dumping most of my skins.  Once I get the error code, what do I do with it?   Will it tell me exactly what is wrong?  Thanks again for your help.  I know these are two separate problems but the Maxis lot crashing, I have no clue what to do about.  :smile:
Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 06:12:38 pm »

It should tell say the name f the error log, and where it is stored. Find it, and maybe post it here, it might help.
alamb1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 10:49:50 pm »

I will do that.  Can you tell me where I will find the error log?  Will it pop up on the screen when it crashes or will it store it some where? Sorry if this seems dumb but I haven't ever done this before.  Thank you again for helping me. :happy8:
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 01:04:15 am »

If you get the Object Error window, it will tell you where the error log was written, folder and file name.  From the list of mods you made in post one, I'm not so sure your get an error.  

Unfortunely for you if it is a mesh/skin problem, the only way to find it would be to take all of them out and add them back in small controllable groups and test the game.  When you first take them out, try the game and see if the problem is gone.  If not then the meshes/skins aren't the problem, so do the same with the mods/hacks.
alamb1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 06:51:06 am »

How do I tell my skin files from my other downloads in my dl folders, is there a way?
alamb1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 08:07:07 pm »

Well, I went through my skins last night and again tonight it crashed  in skins, only this time in undies, instead of PJ's.  
Attached is the exception error I got tonight.  I am not sure if I attached this correctly or not.  I noticed that there is also an error file from when my game crashed on the maxis lot.  I will attach that also.  With the testingcheats code in tonight, I didn't receive a message about the error so I am not sure if these are the right error logs or not.  
Any help would be greatly appreciated.:smile:  Also please if someone could let me know if the logs uploaded right and if these are the right logs, it would really help.  Thanks so much.

* Sims2Exception 2007.04.04 20.44.38.txt (10.67 KB - downloaded 163 times.)
* Sims2Exception 2007.03.31 19.25.40.txt (10.06 KB - downloaded 143 times.)
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 08:40:57 pm »

The Sims2Exception doesn't help a bit.  You'd need the ObjectError file.  Since you didn't receive the error, you'll have to go through your mesh/skins to find the problem.   No easy way to do it.  Sorry.
alamb1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 09:57:00 pm »

Is there a way in the downloads folder to tell skins from objects?  If not can I tell which ones I dl last by saying to arrange them by modified?  If I was in the game would it assume a file in the dl folders was modified if I had used it in game?  I know a lot of questions but I don't know these things for sure in Sims 2.  In Sims 1 there used to be a way to check skins and that and I knew a lot more about them.  I have been playing Sims2 since it came out and really so far have not had to learn.  I guess that is good, until now.  LOL.  I really appreciate your help, cause I guess I am uneducated in this.  Thanks again! :smile:
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 02:11:23 am »

The easiest way would be to use Clean Installer to find your skins and meshes.  I'm pretty sure your problem is a mesh so focus on those first.

Start CI and have it scan your downloads folder, then sort by type.  Meshes won't have a type for the most part.  You can then highlight all the meshes you find and right click to disable them.  Don't delete yet.  Then enable around half of them and try the game.  If it works , the problem is in the other half.  if it doesn't work, the problem is in the half you enabled.  Disable half of those and try again.  Eventually you'll get it down to the files that are the problem.  There could be more than one so be patient in your search.
alamb1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 06:15:24 pm »

Well, I think I may have the problem fixed.  I took out all of my most recent dl and moved them.  Then I went into the game and deleted quiete a few community properties that I had added recently but not yet  put on a lot.  I went into the game and so far it has let me edit downtown properties and go pretty far into skins without crashing.  If it does do it now, I'll have to do with ci as you said.  Thankyou Ancienthighway for all your help. Hopefully it's fixed.  If not I am sure, I'll be back.  LOL
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: