Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 12:03:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Fan Sites Must Be Destroyed!  (Read 55629 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
SparkleSim

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2007, 12:41:51 pm »

Huh?Huh?Huh??

Are you looking for a good comedy-drama sim story?  Please come read my story LOVE CHILD.   (Must be 18+)
jersey_princess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2007, 02:12:13 pm »

Haha!!! Brilliance personified! What a wonderful idea! I want to destroy fansites too!

Cazzy
~ SLASHING COUGAR at the AA ~
x Please join us at the Animal Army x
Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2007, 02:26:28 pm »

Quote from: dorkapalooza;668727
how about a stealth bomber w/Benny Hills face dropping a bag o'shite?

I was trying for a lightbulb zipping by but I can't get the little emotie's facial expression to convey the thought.  

Maybe a version of this with a broken bulb: :smt115

Or a variation on this: :smt107

I've always admired the cleverness and talent of those who can create really effective emoties. Cheesy

bre

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2007, 06:28:10 pm »

LOL, this is too funny. Cheesy Gave me a good giggle. Smiley

Me on MTS2

(2nd) -  Olka Koval Wedding Makeover (tied), Newlyweds with Erica and David-Jacob, A Family Christmas with The Feldmans
(3rd) - Betty Goldstein Makeover
tribillio

Nej.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2007, 05:43:24 am »

So....uh....this means I'm gonna die now, right? *shifts eyes nervously amongst the forum moderators...*
Toria
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2007, 03:05:45 pm »

i'm sure i'm mis-understanding.

At first i was thinking he was being sarcastic and saying only rich people who can afford the sims pay sites subscriptions should be able to download stuff but now i realise thats totally not it.
At the moment i think he is saying sites should'nt beg for / force donations? but in a really strange way o.0

Either way it looks like a very nice quality shirt so i want it *scratches head*

I'm so annoyed with so much crap that hasn't got any shading... i mean i'm no photoshop expert but i know it's not difficult to just use a damn gradient map rather than destroying all the texture from a piece of clothing / object. Then all you have to do is apply a logo / text or pattern or whatever... it's SO not hard!

Err yeah...

Nice shirt. =D

I think...

no... ok i just clocked it... damn i had a tiring day at work to not even get that -.-
"Fan sites" is his replacement word for "pay sites" to make the item sarcastic yes?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 03:16:37 pm by Toria » Logged
Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2007, 03:04:41 pm »

Quote from: Toria;694966
... At first i was thinking he was being sarcastic...

Oops.  Yup, I was being sarcastic.  Keeping Sims sites and Sims fan artists on line has been one of my major hobbies for the last six years.  It all started with hosting folks like Dincer Hepguler, y'see; which I still do.

The point is that those who espouse the philosophy that fan artists don't deserve to be compensated are arguing that only the very wealthy should be allowed to create the stuff.  It's great if you're rich enough to be a dilettante, but very few Sims artists have that kind of money to burn.

In a darker vein, there's not much to say about the attempts of crooks to justify their crimes.  I know that dishonest people don't want to face up to their crimes, but that's the reality of it.  If you steal, you're a crook.  No amount of noise can change that.

verenaheu

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2007, 04:24:52 am »

...and where is the link to where I can sign? I wanna sign a petition, pleeeeease!!!!!
JCSpencer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2007, 03:19:46 pm »

I'd say my Maxis dog ate the petition, but I won't even joke about owning that expansion because it's part of the Gangster Computer God Worldwide Secret Containment Policy made possible solely by Worldwide Computer God Frankenstein Controls, known more commonly and subtly as Electronic Arts.

Join the Animal Army ... your site just might depend on it!
...- Admiral Anemone, Animal Army Naval Division
SakuraSan101

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2007, 09:05:19 pm »

I thought it was funny, but I found the "autistic child" comment offensive. =/ Nice job with the humor, though.
tibby13

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2007, 01:35:40 am »

Wow, funny, but honestly a good point. thanks for the outfit.
Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2007, 10:36:50 am »

SakuraSan101, no offense intended; it is a true story.  The underlying point is that the philosophy espoused by the arrogant rich criminals is to destroy the livelihood of less fortunate professional artists.

Thanks, Tibby.  Glad you like it! Cheesy

missaaliyah

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2007, 07:10:14 am »

This is actually a fansite, so is Mod The Sims, so they should all be destroyed!  What would be funny is if EA disallowed custom content for Sims 3.  Heck it would be funny if Bon Voyage wasnt compatible with custom content.
Chairman Greg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2007, 03:55:54 pm »

I'm not too worried that EA will intentionally make an expansion pack or a new game that prevents the fans from making custom content.  

I can't speak for them, of course, but I'm sure that their marketing folks understand that every smidgeon of fan-created content on the web is another little incentive for people to buy their games.  In fact, I can't think of a cogent business reason that EA would want to slow down fan artists; while at the same time, I can think of lots of business reasons that they wouldn't want fan artists to go looking for a competing game to support. Smiley

Pistachio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2007, 07:01:36 am »

EA has no interest in preventing CC, its bad for business. I have good reason to believe that future releases from Maxis will be more CC friendly rather than less.

Unfortunately the humour in this particular artistic statement is somewhat limited for me, some of us get routinely subjected to too much crap from people who genuinely believe those sentiments. I don't personally enjoy stuck up kids giving me a hard time because they feel I should close my site if I can't afford to pay for it entirely myself, sadly for me the most important decision I have each day is not whether to take the blue or the pink Lexus out for a spin. The bewildering sense of entitlement that seems to be so pervasive throughout this community continues to shock me, the idea that not only should creators make things, they should also be solely responsible for paying for the privilege of other people playing with their creations? The community's deranged obsession with pay sites completely ignores the fact that *someone* has to pay to keep these websites online. Keeping websites free involves more than simply bullying those who can't afford their sites offline.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: