Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:55:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Giving Townies and NPC's Bodyshape.  (Read 39835 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
robclassact

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2007, 09:16:52 pm »

Using InSIMinator, I've been able to get townie changes quite easily.  Basically, when a townie is on my lot during gameplay, I make them selectable, then use the "wardrobe adjuster" to buy and change their default outfits and the "temporal adjuster" to adjust their age (I don't make any adjustments more drastic than old age to adult) and looks.  I've got a pretty hot nanny, gardener, and cafeteria workers.

Downside, you can't change genders or skintones with this method. Overall though, I'm happy with it.

Just my two cents,

Rob
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2007, 10:57:10 pm »

Christianlov's skintone changer could take care of that last aspect... it's over at MTS2, and very popular.  He's got it set up with a pretty large number of skintones made for my meshes, especially Garkman's and Roofmonkey's adaptations.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
RisingSun
Designer

Designer extraordinaire!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2007, 02:03:16 am »

What I did to change the appearance of my npc's and already existing families and townies might seem a bit tedious, but after a few times it went fast.

First I created the sims in "create a sim family" in game using any custom content such as warlokk's high-res meshes. After finishing the family, and giving them any sort of name, I dont move them to a lot or anything, I just leave them in the available families bucket. Exit game.

After that I open SimPE and then the neighborhood. I choose the sim surgery option and then replace the skin tone on the sim I wanted changed in game with the one I created in the first step. After applying changes, saving and exiting, I run the game and enter the lot of the changed sim (or if the npc or townie is on that lot) and have the sim change their appearance in the mirror for the changes to show up n game. (or use insimenator object to change the appearance of townie or npc on the lot)

Might want to take your sims shopping at this time to rplace the too small or too large outfits in the wardrobe Smiley Oh, and the sim family that was created in the first step can be deleted. What I wrote was just a fast explanation of how I do it. Better tutorials can be found at http://www.modthesims2.com with the use of SimPE.

See my bodyshape series over at InSIMadult!
Ostrander68

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2007, 04:19:06 pm »

Quote from: meremale;165172
What does it do? and where is it available from?

Here is the link to the TS2 Enhancer http://www.sims2programs.com/
They do offer a 48hr trial version for download.
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2007, 05:07:48 pm »

Chess-- Do a search at MTS2 for Morague... he converted most of the outfits so they appear in Bodyshop/CAS as selectables, it's what I use.  He also posted instructions on how to extract them, but it's not easy.

ditzie1

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2007, 03:59:54 am »

I create families in CAS and use a different skintone for each sim. Then I name each sim by their skintone for easy reference once I get to Simpe.  For example, I make the skinner family, I name them Fmlouislt (Fashion Model Louis light) or BGlouistan (booty girl louis tan), and I put them in the family bin.  I don;t delete them, in case I might need to use them later, or I want to change someone to something else later.  I then go to Simpe and find the sim with the skintone I want to use ( neighborhood browser, sim browser, find your sim)  I then go to the more section on the menu for sim information and then sim DNA.  I find the long number for the skintone and highlight it and then control c to copy the number.  I then find the sim I want to change the skintone of and open their DNA.  I highlight their existing skintone and then do a control v to overwrite their skintone with the desired skintone that I have copied.  Make sure you click on the commit button.  You can do several sims one right after the other. I usually plan ahead so that I don't have to go back and forth so much.  I will decide ahead of time which sims I want to change to what skintones and then I don't have to change the copied skintone so often.  Make sure to save once you have made all of the changes that you want and when you go into your game they will have the new skintone and the related bodyshape, even when naked.  You can then summon them to any household and use the wardrobe changer to change their clothes or use a mirror or the plastic surgery reward object to change appearance.  It's not as complicated as it sounds and I can change many sims quickly using this method.  If you have many bodyshapes, you could use the shape as the last name, like the bootygirl family and name the different sims by their skintone.  I hope this helps, and I found one person that did something similar in this thread, but nobody that had my same method.  It works well for me.

You are only coming through in waves. Your lips move but I cannot hear what you're saying. I have become comfortably numb.
sesimie

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2007, 02:35:28 am »

Quote from: Warlokk;764633
Chess-- Do a search at MTS2 for Morague... he converted most of the outfits so they appear in Bodyshop/CAS as selectables, it's what I use.  He also posted instructions on how to extract them, but it's not easy.

I can't seem to find these outfits after searching....:icon9:

Plus  themysticalone's excellent site does not have them either.....hint hint :idea1:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 02:40:20 am by sesimie » Logged

“Wait for the sign,To flick the switch of death,It's the beginning of the end......Sweat, chilling cold, As I watch death unfold,Consciousness my only friend” -Ride The Lightning by MetallicA
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2007, 05:43:56 am »

Well the ones Morague did aren't in any of the sizes, they're just extracted versions of the Maxis meshes, so they can be seen in CAS/Bodyshop.  I'd get you links but MTS2 is offline for maintenance... Smiley

sesimie

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2007, 06:37:25 pm »

Quote from: Warlokk;956670
Well the ones Morague did aren't in any of the sizes, they're just extracted versions of the Maxis meshes, so they can be seen in CAS/Bodyshop.  I'd get you links but MTS2 is offline for maintenance... Smiley

Yeah....that would be cool.....thnks :rabbit:

“Wait for the sign,To flick the switch of death,It's the beginning of the end......Sweat, chilling cold, As I watch death unfold,Consciousness my only friend” -Ride The Lightning by MetallicA
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2007, 10:08:08 pm »

Ah, they're back up again... here you go, there are several sets on this page:

http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?f=38&page=2&username=Morague&showType=2&showAll=1

sesimie

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2007, 12:58:27 am »

Thanks man :grin:

autumnfoxx

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2007, 04:38:53 am »

Quote from: ditzie1;768042
I create families in CAS and use a different skintone for each sim. Then I name each sim by their skintone for easy reference once I get to Simpe.  For example, I make the skinner family, I name them Fmlouislt (Fashion Model Louis light) or BGlouistan (booty girl louis tan), and I put them in the family bin.  I don;t delete them, in case I might need to use them later, or I want to change someone to something else later.  I then go to Simpe and find the sim with the skintone I want to use ( neighborhood browser, sim browser, find your sim)  I then go to the more section on the menu for sim information and then sim DNA.  I find the long number for the skintone and highlight it and then control c to copy the number.  I then find the sim I want to change the skintone of and open their DNA.  I highlight their existing skintone and then do a control v to overwrite their skintone with the desired skintone that I have copied.  Make sure you click on the commit button.  You can do several sims one right after the other. I usually plan ahead so that I don't have to go back and forth so much.  I will decide ahead of time which sims I want to change to what skintones and then I don't have to change the copied skintone so often.  Make sure to save once you have made all of the changes that you want and when you go into your game they will have the new skintone and the related bodyshape, even when naked.  You can then summon them to any household and use the wardrobe changer to change their clothes or use a mirror or the plastic surgery reward object to change appearance.  It's not as complicated as it sounds and I can change many sims quickly using this method.  If you have many bodyshapes, you could use the shape as the last name, like the bootygirl family and name the different sims by their skintone.  I hope this helps, and I found one person that did something similar in this thread, but nobody that had my same method.  It works well for me.

Oh, this is extremely helpful and a great idea.  Thank you!
Elven_Ranger
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2007, 09:14:56 am »

Is there a quick n easy way ( especialy since simPe is not updated for BV yet) to change existing maxis playable sims to using Warlocks body's? I wanted to change people like the female Ottomas and Dina, etc, to use some of these sets as a genetic to hand on to future generations. Thanks

I am THE LLAMA! Fear my spit.... wrath! I mean wrath!!!

Join the ANIMAL ARMY
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: