Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 11:05:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Not A Huge Issue - But Disappearing Fire?!  (Read 1701 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sylvania Voyeur

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2007, 07:40:30 am »

I don't really consider this that big of a deal (it's quite nice, really), but I'm still confused by it, and I'd like to know if it's happened in anyone else's game.

Anyhoo, ever since I installed the Seasons EP, fires mysteriously disappear as soon as I have a sim call the fire department. Whether it's a kitchen fire, or if something has been struck by lightning - as soon as the sim hangs up the phone after calling the fire department, the fire is gone, before the fireman gets there, and without any extinguishing whatsoever.

I tried moving all the hacks I have downloaded temporarily to another folder, to see if any of them were causing it, but it still happened even without them.

It never happened before I installed Seasons, so I don't know if it's that expansion that's causing it, or if it's just some weird (yet handy) glitch in the game.

So... does anyone know anything about this?

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
--Oscar Wilde
tylersada

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 06:14:04 am »

did you check your folder for hacks.  There are a couple of mods out there for no more fires (I use that myself as I hate my sims to get burned up).

Sims Mommy
Sylvania Voyeur

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 01:13:29 am »

Quote from: tylersada;792255
did you check your folder for hacks.  There are a couple of mods out there for no more fires (I use that myself as I hate my sims to get burned up).

As I said in the third paragraph of my original post, yes, I checked for hacks/mods, and temporarily removed all I had downloaded from my Downloads folder. That did not work - the fires still disappeared. Not that I'm complaining, however...

As for the no-more-fires mods, I can't recall ever downloading any of those. Might have to look into it, though.

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
--Oscar Wilde
tylersada

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 04:31:20 am »

I don't see how a mod could affect it if you moved your whole folder but that is the only thing I can think of that woudl cause it.  I haven't seen anyone else with this issue on the forum yet but will keep my eyes open.  As you said it is a very convenient bug.

Sims Mommy
megativity13

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 12:04:33 pm »

i'm not certain as to why it's happening indoors- but fires caused by lightning
strikes extinguish on their own (typically)

feed the hungry while testing your vocabulary
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 06:30:30 pm »

This is doing this without mods?  Weird... :eh:

I can't think of any other reason why fires indoors would go out by themselves so quickly... :scratch:  Have you downloaded the recent patch?  Maybe they included a bug-fix for that in there.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: