Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:19:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Links to TS2&EP hacks:More Critical AL EP8 FIXES;InTeen info NEW 1/1/09  (Read 142520 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
DocFX

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: April 22, 2008, 05:15:56 pm »

Oh Boy!, guess I should have known better than to install a patch dated 1st April! Shocked plus it was the first patch to go straight in without chucking up weird errors too!. Good ol'Electronic Farts, done it again!... Wink

Just one more go!.. Wink
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 13, 2008, 03:23:39 pm »

SimPE for K&B has been released, with some bug fixes too Cheesy

No requests please
TashaFaun

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 13, 2008, 03:53:42 pm »

Thanks for the update on SimPE! Smiley
baybiblack
« Reply #198 on: May 16, 2008, 10:44:10 pm »

how do you download the inteeneator?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh??? plz reply man
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: May 17, 2008, 04:03:14 pm »

The first post in this thread has a link to the InTEEN Site. It is neither available nor supported on this Site. Please check out the first post here.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: May 27, 2008, 04:53:44 pm »

New links! See first post!

Joey the Whinernator

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 02, 2008, 04:45:09 pm »

Something worth mentioning in this thread I think:

The new FT patch has been released. BUT according to various sources (SMBD, the more mature posters on the BBS, for example) it contains the version of SecuROM we've all been dreading will appear in Sims 3 - the one that phones home whenever you download (was going to be every 10 days), and will only let you install it either 3 times or on 3 computers, I'm still confused which one it is - remember that one? Apparently the patch is over 80MB in size (yikes!) and it's mainly down to this malware. AVOID THIS PATCH AT ALL COSTS!

No requests please
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: June 03, 2008, 04:31:49 pm »

So what, in fact, is this patch suppoesed to fix? And what does the "phoning home" supposedly mean? Are we putting ET's on our PCs with this patch. I am still pissed off that I added the first patch as that was a typical Maxis snafu all by itself. I am not D/Ling the new patch. TA Sadie for the heads up!

EDIT:I just checked the new patch. It is competley confusing. I really don't see any difference between what is being offered now and what was released and removed from D/L two monthes ago. The only addition may be a fix for K&B that Lord Darcy fixed long ago. Otherwise, why do I think that they are just updating the malware that they are infecting us with? Since I already have the last patch on my PC, and have no intention of adding any new EP, I will definitely pass on this one.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 04:54:23 pm by jinyc » Logged

Joey the Whinernator

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 04, 2008, 06:35:43 am »

Phone home = connect to EA. It's a phrase I picked up from somewhere online :angel: Basically, every time you download from the Exchange or get a new patch, the program connects to the server to make sure your copy's still legal. It was gonna be to validate the game every 10 days, but thankfully they scrapped it. They've still kept the 3 install limit though ¬_¬

The patch fixes some extra stuff that was fixed eons ago by the likes of JM and Darcy. On here there's a directory of links you can click to get said fixes.

You're welcome, BTW Smiley

No requests please
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: June 04, 2008, 06:07:24 pm »

Kisses, Sadie! I am posting the link the non-EA fixes in the first post.

Joey the Whinernator

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 06, 2008, 02:52:43 pm »

You're welcome Smiley

Here's some news for you though. Even if the patch wasn't infested with a SecuROM update, from what I gather on the BBS (from a lot of mature posters), the patch doesn't even work! Issues it supposedly fixed remained after applying it, and in some cases even caused new problems.

Oh well, they're bound to get it right eventually... aren't they?

No requests please
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: June 06, 2008, 05:10:14 pm »

I am wondering if the blurb warning that the patch may not work with existing lots is the cause for the non-functioning problems. In any case, I am becoming increasingly "over" EA (if increasingly is even a possibility).

I have looked at Apt Life and so far am not in the least impressed. As I said, I am not buying into EP8 so I am not interested in further patching my game. Besides, from what I have read, Inge Jones has hacks that create apt living (without the need for the inevitable, additional patches...She does things right the first time!). I am off to Simlogical to investigate.

Joey the Whinernator

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 30, 2008, 02:15:34 pm »

This just in (after much trial and error):

K&B and BV don't get on; K&B prevents you from adding pre-made destinations to your neighbourhoods! More info on problem here

Until they fix this latest mess, K&B is going bye-byes. Yes, I know I can make my own, but choice is good, right? This shouldn't be happening angry

No requests please
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: June 30, 2008, 05:14:01 pm »

TA Sadie, I have added a link to this post in the first post of the thread.

I am so glad that I have decided not to add any new TS2 EPs or STuff Packs to my game. What EAxis unleashed with K&B and, subsequently, with IKEA is unconscionable. The problems caused by these two interim packs have nothing to do with our in game hacks. They are just untested and, consequently, horribly flawed.

Joey the Whinernator

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 30, 2008, 05:33:20 pm »

IKEA too? Sheesh... and yes, I know it's nothing to do with our hacks, that was the first thing I tried. Talk about unpaid beta testers... ¬_¬

No requests please
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
  Print  

Jump to: