Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:34:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Pleasantview Soapbox ~ UPDATE 03/01 ~ FINAL CHAPTER  (Read 61564 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Niirachi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: November 16, 2007, 01:11:19 pm »

Please update soon! I just read this from the beginning and I'm not one for soap operas but this is just too good!

Brandi looks cute as a green elf. XD And I'm madly in love with your beautiful Sims. Hopefully, Brandi will get her revenge on Dina. Evil witch.

Whisper to me your lies as you kiss me goodnight.
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2007, 05:20:14 pm »

Great update!  Thank you for pointing me to those gorgeous aliens and default alien skins - I now have some beautiful aliens in my game, too!  Poor Brandi - she has always been my favorite Pleasantview sim.  And I hope Don really has changed and takes good care of her, whether she's green, purple, or striped!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 05:35:16 pm by Astral Faery » Logged

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
Chinami

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2007, 11:07:47 am »

AWESOMEEE! I love drama by the way >.> Update soon please this is a great read!

I find it odd that Don 'likes' Brandi, I hope this isn't one of his schemes!
rebelmozzerella

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2007, 09:02:08 pm »

Really cool. Smiley

he's the sweat on my sheets (:
chocolatedalek

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2007, 08:15:59 am »

Please continue!!!

The best things in life are, Always unseen. That's why we all close our eyes when we wish, kiss and dream... :angel5:

My Simmies
brittybe

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2008, 02:31:12 pm »

Thank you all so much for the positive comments. My sincere apologies for the long silence. Work has been absolutely crazy and the holidays took a lot of my time as well. I really needed a break from simming and everything else Wink

Now I have returned nice and tanned from a sweet little holiday on one of the canary islands. I also recently started playing the sims again, but I had a little accident. Yes, I broke my game Sad  And stupid me didn't have any back ups of my neighborhood Sad
I really don't know what I did wrong. I downloaded a lot of stuff and then my game refused to start. So I removed my complete download folder and the stupid game still didn't start. I decided the best thing to do was to uninstall and reinstall everything. At the moment I nearly have all my EP's installed again. Because I was playing my Pleasantview neighborhood for the story I hope that with the help of some hacks (like inSIMenator) I';; be able to kind of recreate the whole storyline again.

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hopefully I'll still be able to post the rest of  the sim story.
chocolatedalek

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 01, 2008, 07:57:22 am »

Oh no!! Poor Brittybe. *Gives jar of cookies.* I had a crash like that once, except everything on the computer died, everything, and when I tried to recreate any sims, I failed miserably. :cry:

The best things in life are, Always unseen. That's why we all close our eyes when we wish, kiss and dream... :angel5:

My Simmies
sofia97733

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 01, 2008, 08:04:44 pm »

...wow
Unbroken

*Grins* "You really shouldn't have said that."

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 05, 2008, 08:23:23 pm »

Quote from: brittybe;1104361
Thank you all so much for the positive comments. My sincere apologies for the long silence. Work has been absolutely crazy and the holidays took a lot of my time as well. I really needed a break from simming and everything else Wink

Now I have returned nice and tanned from a sweet little holiday on one of the canary islands. I also recently started playing the sims again, but I had a little accident. Yes, I broke my game Sad  And stupid me didn't have any back ups of my neighborhood Sad
I really don't know what I did wrong. I downloaded a lot of stuff and then my game refused to start. So I removed my complete download folder and the stupid game still didn't start. I decided the best thing to do was to uninstall and reinstall everything. At the moment I nearly have all my EP's installed again. Because I was playing my Pleasantview neighborhood for the story I hope that with the help of some hacks (like inSIMenator) I';; be able to kind of recreate the whole storyline again.

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hopefully I'll still be able to post the rest of  the sim story.

Omg! I Love your stories of the Premades. I was doing something like this.. I wanted to make little stories about them. And have a few different stories happen and then keep them on the same track as Maxis did.. but I'm a huge procrastinator. T_T lol. I have so many things I want to do.. that I'm trying to do them all at once. lol.

Anyways... Hun. I wish I had seen this sooner. I think I have a solution to your problem. However, I "could" be wrong.. so.. :-/ maybe don't get your hopes up.

This happened to me as well. I always have to go on a huge downloading spree. And then one day.. I go to start up my game...

I wait. . . and wait. Hmm. thinks -- well, I did just download abunch.. soo it could be why it's taking so long... Nope. Never came up. Sad. Then I thought.. well I'll just go into Bodyshop. Waited. Never came up.

By then, I was freaking out. I tried everything, system restore, removing my downloads, removing my certain neighborhoods. Nothing.

Then with the help of my boyfriend, we tried everything!

Nothing again. Then . . . I got to thinking.. wait a minute.
Bodyshop isn't coming up.. what was that thing... OH Yeah. I took this one shot to try and see if this would work: And it did! ^.^

Try this. Well.. I'm not sure.. is your bodyshop working? If so.. still try this hun, it could fix your game. Seeing as my game wasn't coming up either.

Go to:

Start
My Documents (Or where ever you stored your The Sims 2 game)
Ea Games
The Sims 2

Scroll all the way down. Or until you find a file called Groups.Cache. Grab the file and move it to your desktop.

Then re-load your game. Now, do not worry about that file. Wink
Once you start up your game, it automatically makes a new one. IF your game loads up. Your groups.cache file was corrupted. This happens sometimes. I'm assuming, it happens when you download alot. Just.. sometimes it ends up corrupted, I have no idea why. lol

You can also move your accessories.cache to your desktop too. Once your game loads up (if it does) you can check the folder again to see new ones. (And not so big of KB being used either) and then you can delete the "copied" ones from your computer.

Good luck, Sweetie. And I hope this helps you get your game to working again. :-)
It did for me.
sanchini

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 06, 2008, 09:30:03 am »

You cannot leave me hanging like this!!! This story is great...can't wait to find out what happens at the wedding!!
Zggs
T.M. Riddle supporter

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 11, 2008, 04:39:15 pm »

Oh I hope everything works out!  I was reall enjoying the story.

*Ahem*
Yes I'm obsessed with Harry Potter.
No I don't care what you think.
dragon_tfm

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 13, 2008, 07:07:36 pm »

great story  cant wait for an update

check out my uploads here  updated May 15, 2008

please do not upload my creations anywhere else or claim them as your own thx!
brittybe

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 14, 2008, 07:25:47 am »

Aaaawh, you guys are just so sweet!
Thanks so much for the cookies chocolatedalek! KhaoticSins, thanks for the info, maybe it will come in handy another time. I'm just so greedy when it comes to C.C., it's kind of asking for trouble :-)
sanchini, Zggs and dragon_tfm, I really liked writing the story a lot. I still have some pics left that I intended for different chapters. But I also needed a few extra pics though to make the story fit. Luckily, I think I have enough to make one mixed and matched chapter (about the wedding, yay!!!!). Hopefully this chapter will be ready somewhere this month. I'm kind of having trouble with recreating my pleasantview character's offspring. So I'll have to come up with another ending than I had in mind for the chapters after the wedding. I'll just have to let my imagination loose on that one :-)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 07:28:35 am by brittybe » Logged
Zggs
T.M. Riddle supporter

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 14, 2008, 03:53:02 pm »

Did you try the Tombstone of Life and Death, where you can chose to add a new female toddler or such.

*Ahem*
Yes I'm obsessed with Harry Potter.
No I don't care what you think.
brittybe

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2008, 02:15:33 pm »

Thanks for the tip Zggs! I never tried the Tombstone before, but it sounds like it might come in handy.
I've decided on how the story will end now, and I've decided that the next chapter will also be the last one. I just can't spare the time to replicate the Pleasantview neighborhood the way it was in my story. I definitely expect to finish the final chapter this month though.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 02:20:04 pm by brittybe » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
  Print  

Jump to: