Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:33:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: CC or no CC  (Read 11113 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
AxelVal
Simmysim sim sim

Been away so long

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2007, 08:53:23 pm »

I'd never be able to go completely without my custom content now that I've gotten a taste of how much it spices up the gameplay.
As many others have said, I love the variety.  Instead of having ten Maxis hair styles I enjoy I can choose from dozens.  Not everyone has to wear the same twenty shirts, five pants and ten outfits I actually like.
I don't think I'll let it get to the point where my game takes any more than five to ten minutes to load just because I don't want to wait that long, but I'm sure I'll be borderline once I can really bog it down on my own computer.

But I'm also not going to delete my old town Kingly just because the sims don't have custom skin or eyes.

My Sims don't need to know it's not 2008 anymore.
sorrowfultear

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2007, 09:46:58 pm »

I played the original game without CC for a few months... but then I stumbled across hair, skin, eyes, and clothes downloads, which had me completely floored. For me, they really seem to enhance my game experience, to make me feel as though I'm actually accomplishing something. (If that makes any sense) I love the feeling of realism in the Sims game, and that's why I download CC.
I haven't seen anyone act even remotely snobby about CC--after all, nearly everyone has at least some in their game, and bragging rights shouldn't be reserved for the people whose games take 30 min to load. (I know, because my game takes that long, and it's a pain in the a$$)
Also, I've only entered in 2 contests and gone all the way through in one. They're not my style... and no matter how much CC you have, if you've entered a bad application, it's just a bad application, no matter how much custom content you have there.
The sad thing is, my downloads file alone is 4.24 GB... although I recently cleaned it out. Because CC is addictive.
And it's clogging up my harddrive so I'm going to have to delete a ton of stuff soon.

Come see my sims HERE!
Download Christian
*ike ike go! go! ore go! go!*
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2007, 11:03:04 pm »

I've found the responses very informative.  Oh, for those wondering, I do have CC in my game.  Hairs, makeup, eyebrows, some jewelry, custom skins and eyes.  Once BV is installed, I'll probably be adding some custom clothing back in, but not nearly as much as I had before.  Mostly in the underwear, pajamas, and gym clothes categories.  As far as build mode recolors, I've got some that I've made myself that are in game and I've been threatening to do more, but I've been distracted by modding lately....
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2007, 10:42:26 am »

I still want my cc back, I miss it like crazy, but I know it's better for my amount of free time (I enter less contests when I don't have cc because modeling contests just tend to be very difficult without cc, because you just have less outfits, decorations and hairstyles) and because I hate it when my game takes a long time to load.
Besides, it's having enough difficulties as it is, with all EP's and SP's installed. my computer isn't that brilliant after all. Tongue

And the advntage of no cc also is that there's a lot less that can break your game with new EP's. Ofcourse, InSIM and InTeen will need some updating, and maybe the Puppy Love hack too, I don't know, but I won't have blue flashing cc. Tongue

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

babyblue1387

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2007, 06:06:31 am »

I have to admit, when I first read ancient's post, I was surprised. Maybe I just skimmed over it, but I haven't seen people looking down their noses at others for not having custom content. Of course, I've seen this happen when someone has adult mods, and maybe it's been on other sites (the exchange comes to mind), but I don't think I've really seen that here. Of course, there is the occasional bragging/talking about how big one's downloads folder is. Or is that what you were referring to, ancient?
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2007, 02:06:44 pm »

Sometimes when i use a maxis object (because i can't stand the clothes and the hair and the make up but there are objects i really like) i get kinda "ashamed" because people might say that i just used it because i didn't have any CC to use instead. But i really do use them sometimes because they do the job. simple as that.

The Price of Redemption ~My Sim Story! Check it out!
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2007, 03:42:37 pm »

I find myself using Maxis buy mode objects the majority of the time now, excluding the children's catalog under Misc (because I love my sim kiddies, and they need all the variety in toys they can get...  :smile bi:).  All I have in my Objects sub-folders are mainly recolors and retextures of game objects.  Ever since I installed Seasons and the game started breaking every other custom object download I had, I told myself "Screw it!  I'll just junk all of them and re-download the ones I know still work."  Man, could you imagine how much more I would have if I had kept them all?!  It's so much of a pain! :slap:

Well, as soon as all hacks and mods are updated accordingly for BV, and I find a transfer cable to store all of the items I want to keep on my home PC's hard drive, I'm starting all over.  All I'm going to keep are my sims, my own genetics, a few clothes, maxis object recolors, and all meshes that correspond with each of them.  I'm sure that'll cut back on at least 7 gigs... that would make me a much happier person.  :toothy8:

AjaAja

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2007, 01:18:12 pm »

I personally don't feel superior or anything for having custom content; in fact I'm very grateful to the creators of it. I too like custom content for the variety, and some things in the game just seem to be missing at times... not to mention that the Maxis sim templates look a bit... well, I think the best word for it is they look a bit Goopy GilsCarbo...

If my avatar is a girl, it's most likely me
CBC (Come Back Campaign)! One post can make a difference. Join here!
Best contest ever, Beauty of the Decades. Join here!
Have my self-sim for yourself Wink. Get me  here!
J-Star

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2007, 07:44:17 pm »

Personally, I enjoy the game pretty much out of the box.  I have all the EP's and SP's, but no CC (except the InSIMentor).  Keeps the game running smoother that way.

"Our position is correct, except... there's no Alderaan!"  -  Han Solo
nova-storm

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2007, 09:39:56 pm »

hehe, Doll my fav part of the game now is finding CC, installing it sortting it in to neat little anal folders, breaking my game, finding the bad mesh and doing it all over again. I guess it is the anal retentivness (SP) in me. I find playing the game way less fun then making sims and downloading at this point. BUT I do understand what you are saying. the dif with me and most of te ppl that stuff their game with gig's and gig's of CC and break the game... I can fix it my self Wink

When I installed BV and my DL folder got trashed I was happy! rofl I was thinking to my self YAYAYAYAYAYA Download time. but then i found my back up download folder and thought " damn"

* HUGS the grumpy old guy*
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 12:04:43 am by nova-storm » Logged

:happy8:A closed mouth gathers no foot. :smile:
resistance is futile you will be assimilated
DannyRock

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2007, 02:18:29 am »

I like using CC in my game... I've got over 6 GB of it in my DL folder and am still looking for more stuff to add... I started out with mods and hacks and then added some clothing once I figured out what the difference between a mesh and a recolor was... Then I added custom furniture and stuff like that...

I might not use all of it, and some of the meshes might not be that good, but I keep them in the game just in case someone comes up with a good recolor which has happened quite a few times... I might move some of the recolors to another folder, but I wouldn't dump any of the meshes because some of the sites no longer exist and the creators have disappeared. Yeah some of their stuff does end up in the sims2graveyard, but not all of it... I've seen a lot of recolors of meshes that no longer exist that I would like to use, but without the original meshes, the recolors can't be used...

I've just got too many sims and custom houses for me not to use CC... :happy8:
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2007, 04:25:27 am »

Okay, a bit of thread necromancy on my part is about to happen here, but I just want to state that anybody who views the size of their DL folder as a status symbol is a fool. Yes, I have plenty of files in my folder, but I cull it on a regular basis and get rid of stuff I almost never use, something I would never do if I felt that the size of my DL folder was something to boast about. I certainly wouldn't look down on anybody with a sparse download folder...after all, it's your game and you play it however you want - it's just that I crave a bit more variety than what Maxis has given us.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 04:28:13 am by CynaraBlade » Logged

:blob6:
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: