Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 01:28:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Graphic problem (I guess so)  (Read 2382 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
meow

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2007, 10:20:29 pm »

Everything have gone so smoothly until I installed BV. Weird stuffs happen and I don't know why. Would you tell me what is the problem and what can I do to solve it? Thank you.

Note that even if I don't use any hacked, mod or custom contents, the problem still occurs.

So many times it's even worse than what is in the picture.
*attached image removed*

If the problem happens in The Sims and I return to the desktop, it will become like this...
*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:10:40 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine
[Anthony J. D'Angelo, The College Blue Book]
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 12:07:22 am »

have you updated your drivers? Is your graphics card 'good' enough to run the game?

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
newtosims

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 01:33:34 pm »

I'm having trouble as well.  After the game loads and I'm on a lot, the game would crash within 3 minutes of playing it. A black screen would suddenly appear. I just recently upgraded the memory but wasn't sure if I needed to update the drivers for my video card or wait for a patch to release or what?
meow

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 07:11:58 pm »

I have NVIDIA graphic card and this is the problem. I updated the drivers and haven't had any weird stuff so far *hula dance*

Many thanks to Aliwag for the hint.

newtosims: if you have NVIDIA graphic card, this might be your problem as well.
Missing D3DERR
NVIDIA issue
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 07:19:03 pm by meow » Logged

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine
[Anthony J. D'Angelo, The College Blue Book]
newtosims

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 03:21:57 pm »

Thanx Meow, I had updated the drivers but still had the same problem. I uninstalled BV and played the game with Seasons EP and had no problems.

So it's not the video card, it's BV EP.
carlymichelle

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 12:22:53 am »

Quote from: newtosims;950796
Thanx Meow, I had updated the drivers but still had the same problem. I uninstalled BV and played the game with Seasons EP and had no problems.

So it's not the video card, it's BV EP.

thats not always  true depending on how much memory your graphics  card has and how old it is  maybe it couldnt support BV  system requirements go up every  expansion
newtosims

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 01:15:38 pm »

^^^I have an Nvidia 6200 video card and 1GB of ram. My video card is compatible with BV, yet I'm still having the same problem even after updating the drivers.

What I haven't done was reinstall the game. Wasn't sure whether it was pointless to reinstall it especially since the drivers were already updated when it crashed the 2nd time.
evilragdoll

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 11:29:15 pm »

It think it's pointless to reinstall, since it's not the video card. We'll have to wait till nvidia fix it again (thank you, EAxis! Grr!)
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 06:51:26 am »

Quote from: newtosims;952318
^^^I have an Nvidia 6200 video card and 1GB of ram. My video card is compatible with BV, yet I'm still having the same problem even after updating the drivers.

What I haven't done was reinstall the game. Wasn't sure whether it was pointless to reinstall it especially since the drivers were already updated when it crashed the 2nd time.

I also have a 6200 and dont have any problems.....
Try reinstalling direct x
It sounds unbelieveble but since i installed BV EP the game is running much better....i have less lag on heavy lots now
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 06:53:47 am by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: