Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:12:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 more EP??  (Read 5693 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Jazza0

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2007, 08:04:41 am »

Just wondering because there were 7 expansion packs in the sims 1 and there are now 6 in the sims 2...Hope this doesnt mean that there is only one more expansion pack to come!!
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 01:59:26 pm »

as far as we are told by EA, we shouldn't even be expecting the "Hobbies" EP that was advertised in Bon Voyage; and if you count the "Stuff Packs" as mini-EPs, we've all ready have far more than 7

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
buggkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 04:41:35 pm »

does that mean they are going to do a Sims 3 sorry if that a dumb question i haven't seen or heard anything about it

BrokenPrincess

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 04:43:53 pm »

For some reason i feel like they haven't done enough, i'm not saying that to be selfish it just feels that their should be more.

I was hoping for a Superstar or Makin' Magic remake. Oh well. *sighs*

Save me from myself.
BrokenPrincess
kere

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 05:09:03 pm »

The sims 3 is scheduled for release in 2009. I believe we will see only one more EP, but possibly 2. After that, they will be plugging sims3 and churning out only stuff packs for this version.

Thats what I believe anyway, as apparently very few staff are left working on the sims2, many of the senior designers and producers moved to sims3 some time ago.
luvalphvle

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 09:54:51 pm »

Quote from: beosboxboy;952382
as far as we are told by EA, we shouldn't even be expecting the "Hobbies" EP that was advertised in Bon Voyage; and if you count the "Stuff Packs" as mini-EPs, we've all ready have far more than 7

They advertised it but aren't producing it??
Jazza0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 04:59:09 am »

How does that work though?? i know its like a huge thing but why cant they stay with the sims 2 and keep making expansion packs while not bringing out number 3
BrokenPrincess

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 06:48:56 am »

They should really be working on how to improve The Sims 2, some of the expansions were a real let down - i just hope they create a brilliant final expansion.

Save me from myself.
BrokenPrincess
xoJessi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 04:52:49 pm »

All I need is super star and them I'm good. Cheesy

My Sims Journal/Photo Album Come see what my sims are up to!

Real Sims
Sims Oasis
BrokenPrincess

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 06:19:28 pm »

I really, really want Makin' Magic - i liked the whole feel of it, it was fun!

Superstar was good with the butler and the glamourous furnishings but i think it would be a little bit to hard, i found it hard in the older game!

Save me from myself.
BrokenPrincess
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 09:57:26 pm »

Quote from: Jazza0;953685
How does that work though?? i know its like a huge thing but why cant they stay with the sims 2 and keep making expansion packs while not bringing out number 3

Not that I disagree that it'd be cool to see more out of Sims 2, but think about it:  What if they had did all of that for the first Sims?  Would we still be playing that and not Sims 2?  Makes me wonder sometimes... :?

Seeing as technology is constantly reaching new lengths, in order for them to keep on making decent profits off of the game, (not that they're getting any poorer) they have to at least keep up with the competition in those aspects... and "upgrading" the Sims is just the thing they know will work the best.  A lot of people are just into the shiny new stuff, and will probably flip out every time they hear that there's a new installment coming in the future.  (I should know... I'm almost like that.  :angel:)  And I'm sure people felt this way when they heard there was going to be a second Sims made for the PC.  Look at how popular it is now.  Just like how the majority of the community felt about Sims 2 when its first rumors started, (and the trailers started rolling in later) I'm sure some opinions will change once we get official previews of what's to come in the future.  Wink

*puts down the Mountain Dew Game Fuel*  I hope you guys don't think I'm "ranting" or "rambling" like that.  I'm just a little on the hyper side again, and the thought of some new games just makes me giddy.  :toothy8:  Anyways, here's my thoughts on the Sims' future:  

Personally, I'm stoked that there's going to be a third Sims.  With all the different improvements in gaming technologies, (graphics, gameplay, etc.)  who knows what exciting new things will be introduced to the Sims franchise?  It just leaves the imagination running with "what if's", especially if you're an avid video gamer like I am, and have at least seen the way new-gen consoles and computers are showing off 3D graphic capabilities these days.  It's seriously chilling how realistic 3D animation is getting!  I'm just hoping if they ever get Sims 3 up to that level that EA can actually pull it all off with far less game and graphic glitches this time.  :smile bi:   (... and that they don't cut out a lot of the stuff like they did for Sims 2 when it first came out... *baby clothes and hair*... you know, my usual rant of the "lost hopes for Sims 2."  Here's hoping for no more false advertising from any early trailers.  :lol:)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 08:20:39 am by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Jazza0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 05:07:38 am »

MAGIC
dobydog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 06:28:22 pm »

I never got to play the Sims 1 because it came out when I was pretty young. I have heard about the Makin' Magic game, and it was my first Sims game I ever looked at in a store. I was about 4 or so then. When I started playing Sims2 a few years ago I was dissapointed in a few things, but I'm very satisfied with the Sims2, mostly because my game hasn't really had any huge bugs, besides the blue face bug. Hopefully EA will add things like teen pregnancy, more responsible sims, more realistic faces (many realistic variations of eyes, hair, ect. that doesn't look like crap Tongue ). I hope that they make at least 2 more EPs for the Sims2, mostly because there is so much that they can do with it! (Farm animals, medical stuff, contests that the sims could have, sports (wait, doesn't that come with Seasons?), and maybe a stuff pack of more pet items.
 The first sims game probably wasn't as hard to develope graphics wise because it wasn't 3D. The Sims 2 was a big step for them, and Sims3 will just get more complicated with bigger files. The Sims 3 will probably cost way too much, even though Maxis and EA aren't exactly poor.
I'll stop running my mouth now..

'No telephone calls today, all my friends gone away. When you're out of fashion it's a lonely price to pay.'
Oh Funny Man, Sex Gang Children
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: