Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:23:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any german Simmers out there?  (Read 2098 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jazcmx

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2007, 09:59:20 am »

Found this new Sim site I would like to check out, but it's covered only in german. Can any of my fellow german friends tell me what this page says?

http://www.sims2magazin.de/index.php?action=register

BOW BEFORE THE LORD OF THE EVIL SIMS
MissLoaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 04:14:50 am »

Telling from their imprint, they intended to collect links to other sites on the net instead of offering content. To register, you are supposed to give away your name, your full address, age and optionally your phone number. But for what? Obviously all they have to offer is a horribly outdated (because it's dealing with the H&M Stuff pack) "magazine".

Yet it's the "Shop" option that is almost ridiculous... nothing to offer, but they plan on selling stuff, great.

EDIT: Did a quick research ... the page seems to be associated with the release of an official Sims 2 magazine - hence the name - in Germany. Such a paper is already published in Spain and a printed issue of the German version was offered at a recent game convention. There is also a French edition of that concept.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 04:21:18 am by MissLoaf » Logged

Competed in Star Trek: Intrepid (Capt. Matthew L. Thornton, winner CO positon) - Come join our roleplay!

"X-Men - Mutant Adventures" RPG

Time Zone Converter Link 1 or Link 2
[/font]
jazcmx

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 09:22:56 am »

Well, that changes my mind. I thought they had downloads there. I'm glad I asked around before I did anything stupid.

Thanks, MissLoaf. You saved my biscits. Cheesy

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 09:56:46 am »

They do have some "exclusive downloads" for those who register... Maniac posted the info here, but it seems like a gimmick to me...

jazcmx

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 11:44:56 am »

Thanks for the link, Tenshii~Akari. I didn't see anything from that site that I wanted after all. Like you said, it looks like a scam.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: