Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:43:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Got SecuRom? Get relief.  (Read 33886 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
fftamfan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2007, 02:59:08 am »

cause the previous stuff pks didn't run the .exe application that had securom software, since celebrations it was only required to run the latest ep and before bv the previous eps didn't have securom . Now bv has securom in the .exe application.
oniongirl999

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2007, 10:54:21 pm »

I have legitimately purchased every piece of the Sims game on my PC.  I've spent so much money to play this game, not just in software but in additional RAM and a bigger, faster hard drive and contributions to Sim sites.  I noticed the other day that Bon Voyage's minimum video card requirements have just (barely) exceeded what I have on my machine and was contemplating buying a new one if it became an issue.  But this news has got me thinking it's time to just retire the Sims 2 altogether and get on with my real life.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2007, 10:53:34 am »

Hey guys, just did some looking around for ways to fix this problem. Check out *link removed* - I'm sure there's something there that'll be able to help Smiley
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 05:20:24 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

No requests please
Zilla

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2007, 07:55:19 am »

Have you guys read the latest round of BS we're supposed to believe?

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=ca9cea8b8f6ed84fdc97f42d919e009d&directoryID=211&startRow=1&openItemID=item.211,root.1,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23

Now BV is only to be played as a "temporary" EP....:smt104

Does that mean that the cash I paid for BV, which was full price as I bought it one release day was only temporary and I can get my money back?
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2007, 08:13:05 am »

^^  :oogle:  Why is the song "Going in Circles" playing in my head now?

I'm hopeful that once customers possess the safety net of a tool that can remove SecuROM entirely, they will try to install Bon Voyage again so they can enjoy the game. If the PC issues that the customer had attributed to SecuROM return, I'm hopeful these customers will contact our Customer Support group so that we can help you rectify those problems. We will have the SecuROM Support Team at the ready to answer those calls should they come, and I'm confident they will be able to solve any SecuROM-related issues.

Obviously, it's useless if you're going to do that now isn't it?  Why download it if you're going to just put the doggone thing back on?  And why after all this time does EA think people are going to trust customer support like that again?  :roll:

platinum

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2007, 12:48:10 pm »

Thanks Zilla for the link- what I have read seems to be just a waist of time to use this tool…

"SecuROM doesn´t disable any drives.
Please be informed that SecuROM has no influence on the disc recognition under Windows. It appears that the issue is not SecuROM related.
The problem may be caused by an anomaly of your CD/DVD drive or a scratched disc."

Author:    MelissaPlyr822
How much longer must we endure this? I am glad to hear a FULL removal kit is underway, but that is still not the full solution to our problems. These problems will only return again once we decide to re-install these games with SecuROM on them. Just how often/gullible do they think we are in being willing to have our PCs messed with by adding and removing these games? I already gave them 2 chances with my system. No more! Enough is enough. We deserve the right to play the games we love in peace and with out having to deal with all of these issues, which many could have been avoided in the first place if they had posted on the box that SecuROM is included in these games. What we need to see is EA pull through for their loyal customers and provide a SecuROM free game of BV, H & M, etc. for us to use instead of having to turn to drastic measures of trusting hackers to provide a playable game that does not mess with our computers, which is the job that EA is supposed to be doing

§ You can always tell the quality of a person's character by how they treat the people they don't need. §
Zilla

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2007, 09:44:10 pm »

The least they could have done is been honest about what they were going to do or not do in this case instead of waiting... http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs/messages.php?threadID=a3aaed73e9764ff83d0465bd15153160&directoryID=211&startRow=1&openItemID=item.211,root.1,item.104,item.41,item.127,item.23

:iamwithstupid11:
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2008, 09:23:22 pm »

EA released a uninstall utility to remove the securom files:
http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=341

No longer active
Skye
Creator

Sims Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2008, 06:43:32 am »

What can I say?  I thank you very much for sharing this information.... to you, to Yakov, and to Celestia!  I have been fighting in the securom area for months now, with no real answers, no real help, and a whole lot of trolling going around.
Luckily there are those in the bbs area who are very supportive. Until they deleted the securom area, we had a good grouping of folks who were comparing our computer systems, in the hope of figuring out "Yes, this is a problem, no, that is not a problem."
We thought when we saw a message from MaxoidSam on Thanksgiving there was an end to the problem with the patch, but it was only a message to tell us that we were not having a problem, that securom did not mess with our systems, and that there were not that many of us complaining--so securom was not as widespread as we were making it out to be.  He said there are about 39 of you making statements over and over and over again; and a total of 141 in all complaints altogether. Not many have written our company. (of course I had to be a smart alleck, and ask for a special cd of the game that had no securom on it, since there were so few of us with the problem=didn't warrant an answer, I guess)
There was no way of answering this message, and it was locked up there at the top.
Now, the only place for us to talk about our mutual problems are in other places, in those who will allow us to talk about it; those who say it is not a problem. I beg to differ.  I am a creator here, and my computer was so whakko that I couldn't work with what I had.  It was lagging so much....well, it was a pain.  I am using another computer right now, until that one is fixed (sending me smoke signals--I think I need to replace a fan or something, but too broke to fix that right now--lol)
Anyhoo, I just wanted to let folks know what has been going on there. What we with problems have had to deal with. Please, if you have a problem, let them know--let them hear your voice. I am in there, as are a few others who are left.
Our securom area was deleted, but we are still in there, in the tech area. I am able to help with the creative area, but I read through the others ones, and it seems to me that there are a few more than 141 complaints in there.
They did finally bring out a patch, but it (they) didn't work for me. Darn! There were othes as well.  You had to use a different patch for each game, as well. After months of waiting for them to say something. I guess we're real hard to please in this.  I told them "I just want to play Bon Voyage, without the securom."
Sorry to go on about it.  I'll shut up here for now.
hugs,
Skye
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 06:50:20 am by skye » Logged

I don't have net  so can't do  requests right now. so sorry
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2008, 11:13:51 am »

They deleted the section? Sheesh. Yeah, nice going EA, that looks really good for your reputation in customer care...

No requests please
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2008, 11:33:02 am »

So it's really gone now?!  :shock:  That is soo~ ridiculous... :angry7:

"Yeah... uh let's go ahead and delete this section, cuz all the people here are posting the same thing over again... plus we have the patch out, so problem solved!!!!1!"

*delete*

So now they can claim it never happened... :roll:

kwazy Wabbit

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2008, 06:48:29 am »

So let me if I have got this straight.
This Securom thingy, downloads onto your PC every time you place your cd in the drive so you can play BV?
Well that would explain why some people are looking to use a "No-CD hack" to get round the problem.

I must admit, it seems a bit excessive to buy a game and then have to wipe it from your system because EA & Maxis have included a messed up Anti-piracy program in with the EP.
And this it seems, is basicly EA's PR line at the moment. "Thank you for buying our fine EP. SecuRom has not been proven to cause the problems you have described, and Sony have told us that the problem is with your system and not their software. But if you don't beleive us and you really don't wan't Securom on your system, here's a nice program to wipe it from your computer, Just don't bother re-installing and playing the EP again."

It seems EA have totally missed the point as well as the plot, Some of us like the EP, but we really don't want something included that is going to harm our system. After all. That's why we use Windows

I did'nt see any mention of getting your money back. So now you have an expansion pack that your afraid to use and a £30 coffee coaster. Nice!:coffee2:

And do we have any idea if EA intend include this Malware with Free Time?
It would be a shame if it does. And after all the hype and high expectations that I have been reading in the forums. :smt120

SecuRom was created By Sony, and it is not the first time Sony have been in hot water over their (almost fanatical) Anti-piracy measures.
The last instance I heard of was Sony's inclusion of anti-piracy software on some of their Audio CD's, with the intention of preventing people from downloading music onto their hard drives - "Attempt to download your music into the player of your choice and get this nice trojan absolutly free."
Sony were taken to court and found guilty of producing and distributing harmfull computer code and handed a very large fine :punch:. This was a serious PR disaster for Sony. So, they decided to remove all the "Infected" albums from sale, or at least, the ones the public now knew about.

It's a pitty that Sony have not learnt from their past mistakes, and a real shame that EA & Maxis have now got themselve mixed up with a bunch of suits who cause more trouble and harm than the hackers and pirates they are attempting (and failing miserably) to stop.

Aim for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll still reach the stars. :jester:
Skye
Creator

Sims Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2008, 01:43:52 pm »

There are always going to be "newbies" who haven't figured out what is going on. People are afraid to go into the bbs area because of all the abuse that is put upon them.
I wrote EA, told them of my problems, begged them to tell me if they were going to remove the securom.  They wrote me that Securom was the program they are using now.  Seems like a stubborn attitude for a company that is going down right along with those games that wreak havoc with their machines.
Yeah, folks write in the tech area of the bbs to find answers to their problems, but there's the "attitude" problem in there.  
The patch did not work on my computer, and on others as well.  And when you use it, you have to use a different one for each ep or sp you have in your computer.
Bummer, really. And more folks are coming out with the problem.  The next issue is going to be when Vista updates their programs. What is that going to do?

I don't have net  so can't do  requests right now. so sorry
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2008, 03:51:42 am »

I just learned about this- and it explains so much of the problems I was having with the brand new pc i bought *just to play the Sims on btw*.

I can't believe it... what nerve.

I have uninstalled the EP's and Stuff packs that were corrupted with Securom and have used the tool to remove it...

But now I am realizing that I am stuck with three EA products that I paid my hard earned money for... and I can't use them...

WHAT THE?Huh?

So much for running out to get Free Time this week- forget that.

Grrrr...

I am doing a quick looksie to see what else might have been "placed" on my pc lately....

THE NERVE- I still can't get over it. GRRRRR

~*~ Donna ~*~
I DO NOT ANSWER ANY PM REQUESTS! PLEASE READ POST#26 AT MY THREAD! *HERE'S THE LINK: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,85501.0.html
whipstickgostop

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2008, 02:45:01 pm »

Thanks for posting this Smiley
I just wondered if anyone knows wether Freetime contains secuRom?
I presume it has.
But its worth asking i guess.
Thanks =)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: