Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:47:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Got SecuRom? Get relief.  (Read 33887 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2008, 03:22:52 pm »

Yes, whipstickgostop, it has been confirmed.  And they very well might be sticking with Sony for the long run... unless another catastrophe happens like it did with some people's computers and BV on a grander scale.  Though even then, I highly doubt they'd have too many second thoughts... :?

Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2008, 03:33:22 pm »

Quote from: platinum;1038197
Thanks Zilla for the link- what I have read seems to be just a waist of time to use this tool…

"SecuROM doesn´t disable any drives.
Please be informed that SecuROM has no influence on the disc recognition under Windows. It appears that the issue is not SecuROM related.
The problem may be caused by an anomaly of your CD/DVD drive or a scratched disc."

It might not disable drivers. Why my new dvd rw is not recognized then? I can't play the sims cds or dvds becuse they are "supposed" to be back up copies and the are originals. Oh, I'm so very, very mad!!!!

I used to be Nyxie
terle

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2008, 07:35:46 pm »

It seems to me that EA is shooting themselves in the foot.  The old out of sight, out of mind mentality.  Not everyone has the memory equivalent to that of a gnat and most people hit by this will definitely remember.  It's rather amusing in that EAxis (by refusing to address this) is encouraging folks to use cracked copies just to avoid SecuRom.  I buy my games under the undoubtedly niave view that they are "safe".  No more.  I sit here staring at my shiny, new system, I have to ask myself..."Is it worth it?".   I think not.  That leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth and a bunch of useless CDs.
gali

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2008, 01:38:13 am »

If you restart your computer, each time you plan to play the game - and you start the application from "All Programs", and not from the short cut - you will overcome all obstacles of the Securom, and will be able to enter the game without any problems.

I do it all the time. Never had any problem to play the game.
kwazy Wabbit

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2008, 10:35:00 am »

Quote from: gali;1226059
If you restart your computer, each time you plan to play the game - and you start the application from "All Programs", and not from the short cut - you will overcome all obstacles of the Securom, and will be able to enter the game without any problems.

I do it all the time. Never had any problem to play the game.

It's a nice thought, but usually the shortcut and the listing in "All Programs" normally call the same file.

Maybe your just one of the lucky people who can play the EP's without the code knocking your CD/DVD drive into orbit!

It really does seem to be a hit and miss problem. Some systems run the new EP's with no problems. Other systems have a mental breakdown...

I'm not playing devils advocate here (honestly I'm not!) But it seems that there has to be a common factor between the systems that are having problems?

Aim for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll still reach the stars. :jester:
gali

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2008, 12:13:06 pm »

I don't think that it's a matter of luck. I have Core 2, more than 7 months old, and I think most of the players bought it too.

Besides, if I try to activate the application, even after I surfed the net (not to mention changes I make in any folder of the computer) - the game doesn't upload, and I get a message, that the program doesn't respond.
Lorreign

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2008, 09:54:22 pm »

ok so since I don't see a removal tool for kitchen & bath, is it safe to assume that it shouldn't have any problems like the others one have? Cause I just installed it and ran it and now I'm panicking.
Razamataz

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2008, 11:50:03 pm »

Try running CD/DVD burning softwear. if it works then they might just have fixed it.
Lorreign

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2008, 01:04:19 am »

it let's me open NTI and get to the screen where you add tracks. I don't have anything to burn, but if the program loaded and got that far, can I assume that I'm OK?
drkl0rd2000

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2008, 01:19:29 am »

http://reclaimyourgame.com

has some very interesting information about SecUrom including info on the pending lawsuits against EA. I for one am sick of EA treating me like garbage so I contacted the attorney who is handling the class action and urge anyone who is tired of EA carrying out these types of practices to send the attorney an email... Lets as the site say RECLAIM OUR GAME!!!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 01:30:13 am by drkl0rd2000 » Logged
jordinary

tila tequila <3

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2008, 02:47:53 am »

They said H&M stuffs pack has it too.  I have H&M.  I didn't know I was installing this anti piracy thing on my pc.  I wonder if that is why I have problems with so many programs I am using, mostly with my file manager program, PowerDesk.  I am having a hard time manipulating my files in ways I was used to.  I thought Vista was to blame but some things I am experiencing are not likely due to Vista.  Anyway, that is my problem to figure out.  I'm just commenting because it is not just Bon Voyage.  I am very mad.  They should put a disclosure on the package and people like me who are very novice with technical things can stay clear.  About piracy, I thought that is why we had to type in those awful long serial numbers.  That is not torture enough? LOL!
OH SH*T! I HAVE H&M! It's so obvious why it won't install! I will be complaining!

alice is love .:twilight:.
Renette

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2009, 05:35:39 am »

I always thought - "wow, I've never had these Securom related problems, I am so lucky!" Hmmpf, that was until I downloaded the AL patch from the exhange. Suddenly I couldn not play as Securom picked up my various DVD-writing programmes, which I refuse to disable, as my games are legit and I use the programmes often to make LEGIT movies etc.

Thought of uninstalling AL to get rid of the patch, but I was away on holiday and only took my AL disc with, not the box with the serial number.

I emailed Securom and EAxis, got a feeble reply from EAxis, telling me to disable any emulation software - blah blah, useless feedback. Securom requested my analysis log, which I duly sent, and they replied with a link to a new executable, which I used to replace the original executable, and voila, I can play again.

Needless to say, when I received an email from EAxis, wanting to know how their service was, and if it solved my problem, I didn't respond too favourably.....

Anyway, I thought I'd reply to this thread in case anybody else was having problems with Securom after getting the patch! There is help!  Rock
MissyLove

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2010, 05:06:52 pm »

This has been very helpful I thank all of you for this information :kiss:. I wanted to ask BlooM where she got the no cd fix. That sounds like a good thing to have.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2010, 05:18:59 pm »

Do not post, request or link to keys, key generators, cracks, warez/illegal software sites (or software piracy), crack search engines, file sharing networks (such as Kazaa or LimeWire), or any other illegal activities. Asking for any information regarding the location of the aforementioned items for any reason is also against site rules. This is certainly not an exhaustive list, so please use your common sense and, if in doubt, ask any of the site staff for clarification. Violation of this rule may earn you a straight ban without warning.

This includes asking about no-cd cracks.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: