Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 08:28:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this supposed to happen?  (Read 1778 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Flyleaf

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2007, 09:38:23 pm »

I was checking one of my packaged lots to see what CC was used so I could give the proper credit (should I decide to upload it). I remember I only put two custom paintings in, yet I wanted to make sure. It gave me about two and a half pages ("pages" meaning the amount of items that will fit in the Clean Installer window) of CC, including things I never even use!

I noticed a toilet, an invisible driveway, and a Dunkin' Donuts chair (I did download a Dunkin Donuts lot), among others. Also, it listed all the recolors of the base paintings I based my paintings off of (i.e., I used the Bella Squared painting to base one recolor off of, and ALL the recolors were listed, including the ones I downloaded from MTS2).

Is this supposed to happen, or is it some sort of glitch, maybe a hack conflict? :rant:

Thanks for your help.

...Kennedy.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 10:34:54 pm »

This happens to me a lot, also.  Whenever I package my lots to save, just about everything gets included with it... mainly, whenever I have a certain object on the lot, every single recolor that it has wants to tag along with it, and just about every global and object mod I have is included.  I think it's "normal" if you have EP4 and higher, because whatever EAxis did with their coding for packaging sims and lots, it was pretty drastic right down to including meshes.  :?

Don't quite remember it happening to me with just up to OFB, but I do remember having the select objects, the single recolor they used, and all global mods pre-cleaning.  Crazy how all of that got so out of control with later EPs... :scratch:

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 10:54:24 pm »

as a general rule - The Sims 2 includes every single recolour in your Downloads folder for any object used in the creation of a lot you export to Sims2Pack format.  There are catastrophic bugs in the Pets EP that cause the inclusion of all recolours for Maxis objects, even reports of all files in the Downloads folder being included.  There have been a series of patches released by EA to fix this problem; but to date there has been no effort made by EA to stop the inclusion of all recolours of any given object you use.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Flyleaf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 03:22:06 am »

Thanks for your help. I guess that also answers the question about the extra items (toilet, driveway, and so forth). :punch:

Oh well. Now it's just a matter of getting all the credit straight...

...Kennedy.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 05:13:51 am »

Or just uncheck the stuff you don't want to include and save with a different name.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 02:08:17 pm »

miros1, in the past I would heartily agree with you, and even now I would say mostly you are right. but if you see my post here on a related help topic, you'll understand why I can no longer be in total agreement about the solution.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: