Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:03:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: ATTENTION! New Body Shop Bug!!!!111!1eleven  (Read 33209 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Foxybaby

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2007, 07:10:58 pm »

Heh-I have OCD when it comes to my downloads folder, and everything has its own folder by site 1st then by set, so the only files that aren't folders in the actual downloads folder is CEP, so when I saw that 6MB file I just thought I'd downloaded some crap in error, so i just deleted it :coffee: So glad I did now!

KristalRose

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2007, 07:16:52 pm »

I apologize for asking a stupid question:  How do you open a file in SimsPE?  I know how to use the Clean Installer and Delphy's organizer, but the only thing I know how to do with SimsPe is open Sims in the Sims Browswer.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2007, 08:39:09 am »

KristalRose, select the line item in Download Organiser and right-click it - you should get an option saying something like "open with SimPE" -- once you see the inside of the file, you'll see something like the attached image.

Once open - the  visual cue that informs you that you are seeing a game core file and not custom content is that it contains 1500+ of one file type and very little else.  A custom default replacement you download will have a handful of similar things, but will not have several 100s.

* sims06_interior.jpg (240.34 KB, 1024x744 - viewed 269 times.)

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
KristalRose

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2007, 07:22:19 pm »

Thank you very much for telling me how to do that.  Happilly, I do not have any of these files.  I do, however, have a lot of huge hair, skintone, and object recolor files. I'm off to clean those out.  Thanks again.  Smiley
MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2007, 08:50:37 pm »

Thanks Beosboxboy, for this post. I have been pulling out my hair trying to figure out what happend with my game... I cant get past my make a family screen as of Monday. I have been downloading alot lately too. I found 149 files like this... Do you think EA will reimburse me for a wig to cover my new bald spots? :lol:

Checkout my Creations & Please read  My Policy , thank you in advance.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2007, 08:53:14 pm »

the bastards probably won't - but I will share my candy with you Cheesy

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
MixdCrysy
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2007, 09:09:19 pm »

Oh thanks, you sure you wont be embarrassed to be seen with me? Here what I look like now
:lol:
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 09:18:13 pm by MixdCrysy » Logged

Checkout my Creations & Please read  My Policy , thank you in advance.
cari4003

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2007, 09:14:38 pm »

Can I still use SimPe this way to check files with BV installed?  So far (knock on wood) I haven't had any problems, but I'm a download addict so I'd like to check and make sure.

Host: rp thread, College Campus, make a character and come play the university life.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2007, 09:36:49 pm »

MixedCrysy, you look no worse than I did through most of my 20s, the goth punk, deconstructionist look was so fashionable >_<

cari4003, to check files - yes - only do not use it to edit game files!

cari4003

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2007, 10:01:40 am »

Great, thanks for the quick response.  I'll start checking this weekend.

Host: rp thread, College Campus, make a character and come play the university life.
Darkchyld

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2007, 02:09:32 pm »

Ok, so I have a question.  I have a really important video to make with the sims, but when I go into bodyshop to make the cast, the bodyshop window goes black.  Could that be a result of this bug?  And yes I have all expansion packs except Celebration.  I'm no wiz at this programming thing so I would really appreciate all the help I can get.

:notsmili: Don't take my kindness for weakness, appreciate me.

Kelis
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2007, 03:12:25 pm »

Probably not.  That might be a video card issue, Darkchyld.  :scratch:

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2007, 10:28:30 am »

Tenshii~Akari is right (as usual) - that does sound very much like a video card incompatability - probably the driver.  Lots of things might affect this, it may even occur randomly because of some grit or dust on the interior of the case; but almost always it is a video card issue dealing with the DirectX interfaces.

Check your system with DXDIAG (just run that from the START menu's run option)

Do all the tests and save the report to a text file - then post it in the general help section with Attenton Beosboxboy in the title.

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2007, 01:00:12 pm »

^^ Gauw~!  I'm not always right... :oops:  Y'know, I only learn from what I've seen by looking through the help forum and reading responses from the experts.  Wink  You kinda recognize certain things after a while.  :smile bi:

Sim_Me0314

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2007, 08:34:45 pm »

Just want to say thanks so much for all the research & info! Much appreciated!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: