Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 12:11:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: ATTENTION! New Body Shop Bug!!!!111!1eleven  (Read 33660 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2007, 10:56:32 pm »

Thank you so much for the explanation above. It is very helpful.

*throws flaming bag of poo at EAxis porch and knocks over their garbage can*
*sends BBB a hawt Todd-y* - no not the drink Wink
excuse my -->:spam1:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 12:33:31 am by trl » Logged

FeistyRedhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2007, 11:01:06 pm »

Thanks for the info Yakov, What folder would I check for this in.. I just unveiled a large project and it has alot of sims ... Oh joy!

Thanks again !
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 11:03:30 pm by FeistyRedhead » Logged

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2007, 12:55:36 am »

FeistyRedhead - the Downloads folder of course is the first place to start (subfolders too I guess)

the Sims2Pack installation process with the game's native installer and wth Sims2Pack Clean Installer default to the Downloads folder.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2007, 01:26:16 am »

found 2 similar files but both were makup.

No longer active
NH1

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2007, 08:26:36 am »

That's what I call bad news... (and I just had to find that out on Monday morning...).
But if I understand correct the file (sims06.package):
1) gets renamed into a random combination of letters and numbers
2) it's size will be about 6.8 MB
3) it contains several 100 CRES
4) it shows no type when opened with 'clean installer'

I now officially hate eaxis. (I now have over 10.000 files to check, thankfully I have 'clean installer' to help speed up the process...).
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 08:32:29 am by NH1 » Logged
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2007, 09:40:58 am »

I have been trying to determine some means for Mac-users to go about solving this issue on their systems.  In the absence of a programme that parallels Sims2Pack Clean Installer, it appears that only using Woohoo to open all files with junk-code names for visual inspection is going to work.  This is really a miserable solution and I don't know that it will improve for Mac-users.

Mac-users that have Intel-based Macs and have the ability to dual boot into Windows may be able to use Sims2Pack Clean Installer if they can get copies of the downloads folder on to the Windows part of the system; but I wouldn't count on that being easy. Sims2Pack Clean Installer may not work in the absence of registry data for The Sims 2 in Windows - I don't know, I haven't tried.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
Debbycus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2007, 03:04:34 pm »

*bitches about American working methods, deadlines and wealth-thirst*

Thanks, Yakov, for this... Makes me loath my game and wanna throw rocks over the Atlantic.

I have a question, though. Remembering that I have a small dozen of these strange named files, I opened them up in SimPE, and realized that non of them was anything like the Sims06.package. They were mostly recolours, few of them meshes, and like two were BodyShop items.
What is this?? How did these get into my folder? ...

Teh forum troll -- iz ur enemy. DO NOT FEED!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2007, 03:10:56 pm »

I've noticed that most in downloading lots. I don't know what's what in build mode anymore... I so wish everything got named properly - I know it's possible, as somewhere in there are clearly labelled files >_<

No requests please
Storygirl_24

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2007, 10:24:11 am »

So in order to keep that file out when packaging sims etc. for the community, what should /could be done?

Most people package using Body Shop with whatever XP you have. And then you can't go back because the older BS versions don't work once you install a new XP.

So is there another way to package? Or is there a work around to delete the file before packaging?

*ahem.* It's common sense:He that is walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that is having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly. Capiche?
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2007, 12:59:07 pm »

storygirl, perhaps you posted before reading the thread?

Chopperchic

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2007, 12:48:37 am »

I have been putting off a major overhaul of my game. Now it looks like its time to do combat spring cleaning. Machineguns and Handgrenades anyone? I might be better off starting fresh though. I just got finished patching BV before reading this post. Thanks for the heads up Beosboxboy. I will be taking the default maxea installer off the openwith menu for sims2pack files. I have hit it by accident in sleepless stupor. I been putting in a few houses lately.
Franky

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2007, 05:24:54 pm »

Yeah I noticed that since installing BV, bodyshop still has no options for adding jewelry to Sims.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2007, 09:06:08 am »

jacki - then you are most likely "bug" free ... at least this bug.

It is a specific set of files that are the problem, the names can be anything

The only means we have of identifying them with Sims2Pack Clean Installer is by the fact they don't sort into a "known" category.  Lots of perfectly safe files also sort as a blank type: fences, custom modular stairs, hair meshes, clothing meshes, accessory meshes, some cosmetics that have been modified so they are "stack-able", even some mods and hacks.  The only accurate means of identifying the bad problem files is visual inspection with SimPE; locating the "suspect" files is what most of this thread discusses

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2007, 10:03:48 am »

I believe I've finally found one in my game.  (as so lovingly named:  4ed0c63a08afd1b43828327f8a8d9830.package.  Looking out for any more garbled names like it, too.)  It came up as a replacement in the Download Organizer, but I opened it with SimPE, and it has everything you mentioned in it, down to the same file size.  I'm pissed...  This could also be the very problem that's causing my female sims to have weird hair on their scalps all of a sudden.  And it's a possibility that this could also be the reason why my game crashes in certain spots in the sim and hair bins!  :slap:  

Way to go, EA.  You manage to make this game even more fun each time ya touch it!!! :angry4:  

(Luckily it's just one file and not multiple files... otherwise, I'd really be in a bad mood.  :angry7:)

dynasty

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2007, 02:50:34 pm »

thanks so much. reinstalled all my games yesterday because of a computer crash and was surprised bodyshop wouldnt work today...
thanks for letting us know how to fix it Smiley

Check my sims out!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: