Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 12:57:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: My Rant About EAxis and Teens  (Read 9284 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Arialonomus

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2007, 06:02:25 pm »

Ok... I am here to blow off MAJOR Sims 2 Steam... I HAVE HAD IT! I HAVE HAD IT WITH MAXIS TEENS! I Mean WHAT THE HELL!? I go to make a teen boy, and I browse through 50 FRICKING PAGES of clothes to find something decent, AND NOTHING!

Ok, I'll admit there were three decent teen boy outfits in BV but THATS IT! 3 PAGES OF RECOLOURS OF THE SAME CRAPPY ASS T-SHIRTS AND BLACK JEANS! And why do maxis boys always look so ugly and compact?!

Ugh... don't even get me STARTED on the maxis girls... WHAT KIND OF TEENAGER WEARS A DRESS FOR A CASUAL OUTFIT(and if one is reading this I apologize.), THIS AINT THE SEVENTIES ANYMORE EAXIS!

And THEN theres their other clothes, I mean SKANKY CHEERLEADER, HUGE 50s DRESSES, COME ON! THE TEENS LOOK JUST AS UGLY IF YOU DON'T MAKE SURE YOU ADD ON FIFTY POUNDS OF CC!

ARGH! This has me so pissed! And if ANYONE agrees with me post here.

Science makes everything sound painful.
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 09:33:26 pm »

Maxis traditionally has no fashion sense to speak of. That's what we need our fantastic TS2 community creators for.

The game would be impossible to play without CC. There's a slew of great clothing for teens available. Sadly almost none of it comes from Maxis.

Now take a deep breath and reconsider the possibilities. While you are 100% correct in your disappointment don't let it spoil your game.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
Hidden~Secret

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 09:41:27 pm »

I agree.I mean what do they think we are?Unintelligent twits?I for one would never see that on anyone now I mean even my parents didn't wear those types of clothes.Its totally not good.Every sim has no decent good looking clothes at all.I would die if my sims didn't have downloaded clothing.

If you waist time then you can't get that waisted time back no matter how hard you try.
(used to be ShiningStarSim)
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 03:07:58 pm »

I have to agree. Oh, you're fine if your teenage males are all goths, but not all of mine are. I entered one in a contest once, and for a mini-task we had to show off a few outfits that the sim in question likes to wear. To my contestant sim, goth is a dirty word. I found myself trawling through loads of sites just to get a handful of clothes that would suit him.

CC is a godsend, but come on guys - forget the girls, their wardrobes are full to bursting, give the poor males a look in... please? :sad5: I would do it myself but I can't retexture for toffee

*steps off soapbox*

No requests please
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 07:14:16 pm »

^Oh, I should point out that most of the so-called custom 'goth' stuff for teen boys are just uber-fugly emo outfits with skinny jeans and sneakers done on the nude teen male Maxis mesh. Quite frankly, none of my goth, cyber or rivethead teens would have any use for that crap.

The small handful Maxis supplied with the base game and the Bart outfit are fine, but you can only have so much goth boys running around and wearing the same outfit imho...so I've kind of taken matters into my own hands now!

:blob6:
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 11:05:23 pm »

It bugs me at how few clothes there are related to my style, both for when I was a teen and right now. (specifically for teen girls.)  

I usually wear a comfortable shirt, an extra large pull-over hoodie with a pair of non-constricting but slightly flared jeans, and some sneakers or "Timbs".  (When I'm really feelin' cute, a nice blouse with the same type of jeans mentioned before, and maybe some dressy boots. :smile bi:)  Unfortunately, I saw almost nothing of the sort when I first played the game, so I was quite unhappy I had to put a close-fitting tee and the ugly cargo pants on my teen "self" sim.  Seeing a lot of skirts, tight jeans, dresses, and short shorts with sandals with absolutely no "tomboy" style annoys me.  Having them all in a style that even my flamboyant cousin wouldn't touch with a 6ft pole is even more annoying.  :angry7:  

Let's just hope for the sake of human and sim-kind (that is, if they ever decide to clean up their act with all the issues they have now, and if I ever regain the courage to touch another EA product) that Sims 3 will be a little more "tasteful" in clothing, mainly by using styles of this decade (...or whatever decade it comes out.  :lol:)

AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 12:06:54 pm »

Ah well, I think H&M is a big improvement clothes-wise.

And I don't play without any cc at all, but i do play without clothes-cc or hair, make-up or furniture for that matter.
Some small furniture-thingies, and posing hacks+mods is all the cc I have.
I do have a hard time finding clothes when I've already formed the character in my head, but when it's developing while I create them, it's fine, because I can adjust the character to the available clothes. Tongue

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

lewisb40
Sims 3? Yeah, I like it.

Hard Poop!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 12:13:43 pm »

I just think of the teen sim days as the ackward stage.  I don't put too much care in their looks at that time, cause they are working hard toward Uni. I play alot of knowledge sims, and I have to work them hard on skills during that time. Some of my funny looking sims flower when they go to Uni. Wink

Michael J. Jackson - Best Entertainer in the World! 1958-2009  Sleep in Peace, Dear Prince.
freshsfs2003

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 12:59:41 pm »

I agree with everybody. I have a handful of CC for my teen male sims and I'm thank for those finds because without it my sim would just have to go naked! You are absolutely correct but I'm hoping the the new expansion pack for teens will boost up their closet.

The American ideal, after all, is that everyone should be as much alike as possible.  James Baldwin
jinyc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 04:35:15 pm »

Actually, I think Maxis pays little attention to fashion mainly because they are too busy "constucting" each EP (oh well, they are not too good at that either).

Even though they long ago forgot that they created the game to be customized and enhanced by the TS2 community (Body Shop...backwards compatibility, etc. anyone? In game flashing blue accessories anyone?), we do have a great deal of fabu clothing for male and female teens out there. Be thankful for BeosBoxBoy and Marvine for their buff teens and Watts for his as well. Wirelessguy, Frezia and too many others to mention right here at the InSim have given us great alternatives to EAxis teen fashion boredom.

Joey the Whinernator

http://www.insimenator.net/
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 02:28:37 am »

Not only do teens get shafted fashion-wise. Adults got almost the same kind of consideration when it comes to Maxis making these fubar clothes for both sexes. I seriously doubt we will ever get to see decent clothes straight from Maxis..

Even the sims in Sims 2 Castaway for PS2 get stuck with a small selection of fubar'ed Maxis clothes Sad

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 09:33:18 am »

Sheesh.  Yet another stuff pack.
...think that says it all.
GossipGirl.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2007, 06:52:26 am »

I agree, Maxis clothes for The Sims 2 are shockingly bad. I mean, H&M Stuff pack makes a HUGE improvement if you don't dowload, but they still haven't got the element of style into the clothes. They need to look at major fashion retailers, such as Topshop, Topman, River Island, Abercrombie Etc. and get some ideas from them. Maxis are not doing themselves a favour with the clothes they present us with, and it needs to be sorted out, hopefully in The Sims 3, whenever it comes out. But hey, that's just my opinion Smiley

Don't look so sad, Little J. The sun will come out tomorrow, even if your boyfriend did today. You know you love me,
XOXO Gossip Girl.
[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
jjjim

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2007, 08:18:06 am »

Hey guys! Isn't this why so many Sims sites are out there. Search here or MTS2 and you'll find lots of good clothes. Even for the forgotten male teen.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2007, 10:21:26 am »

We know.  Wink  We just kinda wish that EA themselves could give us a good start with clothing in general.  :lol:

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: