Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 07:49:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: General Help for Windows and Games  (Read 45852 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2007, 10:42:43 pm »

I saved it all in case of any future unforeseen problems, thank you for taking the time to type all this information up for us.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Chopperchic

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2007, 11:25:09 am »

Hey great article and very well written. Thanks tons for the info. Its so hard to keep up with everything thats out there. I am researching my next computer replacement the article is very informative. Found out a couple of issues with my old desktop and learned some new stuff about my latop.

Thanks
CC
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2007, 04:36:38 pm »

Only too happy to help Smiley

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Jolly-Swagman

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2007, 03:24:38 am »

beosboxboy, was just wondering what your opinion would be and do you think these cards Nividia 8500GT 512meg DDR2 pci-e , Nividia 8600GT 256meg DDR3 pci-e .would be ok with the Sims2 as the wife currently has an ATI X1300 256meg DDR2 pci-e card, and are not happy with its performance with the Sims2 and ATI's lack of support that we have had even tho the latest drivers are installed there still seems to be a problem with Sims2 and ATI
So any input would be much appreciated or would it be better going for the slightly older 7600GT/GS or better cards

thanks in advance
Jolly Swagman
playslackert

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2007, 10:03:58 am »

ok i have a crappy graphics card. Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family. dont laugh, it came wiht the computer i want to updater it. i was woundering about which card is best, but know i know. i was woundering which nvidia to get. i am on windows vistia. my computer came with  502 mb of ram, i know depressing. the company says it has more, but i looked in my computer and it says it has that much. most of my memory is gone bcause of the sims 2. i have bought more ram. i think it is 1 gb. he told me 1000 mb more ram. i am suppose to get it next week. and also i looked at nvidia website and it says it will cost over 500 dollars to get it. is there anyway to get it cheaper than that? my computer only cost me 400 dollars. thanks for the help.

ok so i found one, a NVidia GeForcve 7600GT but it says it is a 64 bit. none of the say a 32 bit. i have a windows vista home basic. here is the link to the page that says it: http://www.nvidia.com/object/graphics_cards_buy_now.html . help me please someone>.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 11:53:19 am by playslackert » Logged

http://www.myspace.com/unbelievableblue.com Cheesy

I am pretty, but I am not beautiful. I sin, but I'm not the devil. I am good, but I'm not an angel.
~Marilyn Monroe
MisterWonka
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2008, 09:14:48 pm »

I'm having a little problem when I play The Sims 2, and almost every other game I own. =(

I recently bought a widescreen monitor, and so my games are all being streched horizontally to fit the new resolution. My video card is an Nvidia GeForce7600GT, and it's latest driver didn't solve the problem.

Does any one have any idea of what should I do?

Beosboxboy, maybe? :angel:
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2008, 04:14:33 am »

MisterWonka - what you are facing here is a bit of a bear to solve.  You will need to check in the different games for "widescreen" support.  I know TS2 supports widescreens in the PC version, you can select the format and the refresh rate manually in the video options in-game.  If you hit the righ combination, it works fine.  This may require a trip into advanced DirectX settings to set the monitor refresh rate manually.

Your video card has a max resolution of 2560 x 1600 - but I can't find any details for it on widescreen format support; check your user manuals or product information papers.  You don't name the monitor manufacturer and model number, there may be an issue in the monitor that it isn't properly communicating details of its supported resolution sizes and refresh rates to Windows and DirectX (a very common issue in El Cheapo Delux models you find for low prices), this would possibly result in what you describe. In instances like this you usually end up needing a "driver file" for the monitor that contains this information (FYI it isn't really a driver file, just a list of refresh rates and resolution sizes and colour-correcting information in Old High Geekish that Windows and DirectX can understand but would look like gibberish to us regular mortals)

IMPORTANT! IF YOU SET THE REFRESH RATE MANUALLY - make ding-dang-doggity sure you use a refresh rate that won't blow the monitor or video card to Kingdom Come!

You may have to turn on "use square pixels" - a requirement for some specific monitors - usually old and very crappy monitors.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: