Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 01:19:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Virus Help?  (Read 1468 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Tomkat

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2007, 01:47:15 am »

My home PC has been infected with a (trojan horse) virus... Ironically the virus was attached to some anti-virus software!

So now Im slowly losing control of everything...yesterday my external harddrive stopped working... Im already unable to get into any documents...so yeah...virus.
Point is: "luckily" I made a backup of all my files I was interested in keeping (while I was still able to get into the harddrive)...two days ago...but my pc has already been infected then!  thus the "", since reloading my backups will probably also revive the virus...Sad

Thats why Im actually posting here... maybe some brilliant mind can help me out... Im formatting everything tonight... but to reload my backed up files Ill need a good anti-virus program running to weed the virus out of the files... Does anyone know of a good freeware program that'll do that?  Im guessing one with a "quarantine zone" where I can drag all the files for checking before putting them back in place...

Any help = appreciated!
Thanks!
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 12:12:11 pm »

This would probably get more attention in general help, since more pc savvy people look there. I'll ask the mods to redirect this for you Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 03:51:22 pm »

Tomkat - download and install the latest 30-day free trial version of Kaspersky AV Personal edition - update it and use it to clean your system and your back-up

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: