Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 05:08:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm fed up!  (Read 1297 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Darkchyld

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2007, 10:18:21 pm »

I just can't take it anymore!  Why is my game doing this?!  Firt, a few days ago, my bodyshop kept blacking out.  After it finished loading, it would appear as a black screen.  Whenever I went in to play Bon Voyage the came kept crashing and the application would always terminate.  After downloading a new video driver from my PC's manufacturer's website, I tried everything once more, still no change.  So I saved all my downloads, and sims I created and uninstalled Bon Voyage, hoping that would fix the problem.  Bodyshop worked fine afterwards, except some of the Maxis hairs and clothes showed up all white with lettering written over them.  So just a few minutes ago I try playing Seasons, until a message popped up saying I'm playing the wrong version of Sims 2, and need to insert Bon Voyage.  So I reinstalled Bon Voyage, made a new neighborhood, and as soon as it finished creating the neighborhood, the screen started blinking with different shapes and bars blinking across the screen.  What in the world is goin' on?  Should I just uninstall everything once again for the upteenth time and start over?  I'm so sick of these Sim Games, I almost don't even wanna play them anymore.

:notsmili: Don't take my kindness for weakness, appreciate me.

Kelis
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 08:07:21 am »

Your video/graphics card may be either giving out on you, or it's overheating.  I have the same type of issues from time to time (mostly on the default Downtown neighborhood) and despite all the tips I've received and tried out, it still happens... even though I've had my laptop and video card for a little over a year now.  How long have you had yours?  :scratch:

Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 08:21:14 am »

I can't tell you much, but I often read that it isn't possible to properly uninstall Bon Voyage. So, yes, if your problem is caused by the new EP, I guess you'll need to reinstall everything up to Seasons. If you want to get rid of BV altogether, that is.
Darkchyld

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 07:15:00 pm »

Tenshii
I haven't even had my PC for a year yet!  Lol.  It's a 2005 HP Pavilion if that's any help to you.

:notsmili: Don't take my kindness for weakness, appreciate me.

Kelis
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: