Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 09:14:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weirdness with Custom Vampire Wants in BV  (Read 2023 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ghosty12

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2007, 08:48:15 am »

I have recently modded my wantrees.package file to allow Family, Romance, Wealth and Pleasure Seeking sims to take a chance at the darkside.

I am sort of continuing a mod done by Xenos over at MTS2 way back when Nightlife came out. Now my problem is that when I mod the wantrees file to allow the above, I have a strange thing happen where if I have multiple vampire sims on the one residential lot not sure about commercial in their green wants section after the want to be a vampire is fulfilled and does the spin bit it turns back too them wanting to be a vampire again even when they already are.

What has me stumped is that prior to Bon Voyage being installed I did not have this problem at all.

But since I installed BV this has happened, I tried everything that I could think of I even reverted back to the original .package file and created a new sims2 folder so it was clean of any crud except insimenator so I could do tests. And all was fine so the original wantrees.package file was not the problem.

But as soon as I changed the 0x8FE04166 section of the file to match what was in that part of my Seasons wantrees file all this weirdness of sims forgetting that they are vampires and they were having the want to be a vampire again.

So I have no idea what or why this is happening and how to stop it and what am I missing.

But as I said before I did not have this problem with the game until I installed Bon Voyage and so I have no ideas what has changed to make this happen as it is very frustrating to have it work and then not.

I have included the file to show what I have done, any help please would be greatly appreciated thank you as I can't seem to work out why this is happening ever since BV was installed.

What I have installed is Sims 2, Sims 2 Uni, Sims 2 Nightlife, Sims 2 Open for Business, Sims 2 Pets and Sims 2 Seasons and Sims 2 Bon Voyage.

* WantTrees.zip (1065.25 KB - downloaded 261 times.)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 08:52:17 am by ghosty12 » Logged

We are the Bunny, Resistance is Futile.
You will now become part of the Bunny Collective.
ghosty12

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 09:58:36 am »

Ok well after some more investigating I found a very small difference in the Become Vampire Good and Bad parts in the Bon Voyage wants.package file when compared to the Seasons wants.package file that you would think wouldnt do it but it seems it does as I changed those parts in the Bon Voyage wants file to match the Seasons wants file and it looks like my problem is solved. Smiley
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 10:02:45 am by ghosty12 » Logged

We are the Bunny, Resistance is Futile.
You will now become part of the Bunny Collective.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: