Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 08:49:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Bodyshop won't load, I followed all the tutorials!  (Read 5920 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lexxia

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2007, 10:19:21 am »

I have posted this before and it's still unresolved. It's a weird problem.

My bodyshop worked fine before I got Seasons. I'm almost positive I start it right (start-programs-ea games-sims 2 seasons-bodyshop). So I click on the icon and open Windows Task Manager to track it's progress. I go to processes, where it shows Bodyshop loading up to Mem usage 39k. And then it just disappears.

I deleted all the cache files, (except accessory.cache, can I do that?) and removed my download folder so there's no problem there.

Please help!

Call me Lexx, yeah?

Help hungry children: In one click. Use the tabs and click to help raise literacy, save the rainforest, feed pets and more.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 11:01:55 am »

You should delete the Accessory.Cache file with your Groups.cache file also, since that file can get corrupted, too.  Not to mention the cigen.package file might have to be deleted.  Sometimes that file can konk out on you, too.  :angel:

Khayman71

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 12:12:05 pm »

Bodyshop stopped working for me too, however it would crash on loading and give me an error message. Turned out that if you export a sim with SimPE then it will kill Bodyshop. I removed all the N000whatever_User packages from My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/SavedSims folder and Bodyshop decided to stop having a strop.

I don't know if that's any help, but if you do have any sims exported using SimPE in that folder then move them somewhere else before loading it.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 01:44:43 pm »

^^ It's not true all the time, but it definitely could also be the case in this situation... I've had a corrupt sim once or twice after exporting them from the game, but most of the time when I extract sims, I don't have a problem.  I guess it depends on if the sim was corrupt from the very beginning and not after extraction.  :dontknow:

lexxia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 11:52:11 pm »

*kills self*

OK, deleted all .cache files. Bodyshop hates me and will not load.
It's the weirdest thing too. The screen never comes up but I'm tracking how much it's loading on task manager processes, right? So then it loads to 20k or 30k or whatever and it disappears from the list.

a. Any other suggestions?
b. Do you think it will work if I get a new expansion pack and load that one's bodyshop?

Thaaanks.

Call me Lexx, yeah?

Help hungry children: In one click. Use the tabs and click to help raise literacy, save the rainforest, feed pets and more.
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 02:59:19 am »

So, did you try deleting the cigen.package file as well as the .cache files? I'm just asking because it seems you only deleted the .cache files, judging by your post.

As for getting a new expansion pack, well...I sincerely doubt that would make any difference, sadly.

:blob6:
Mr Heartache

I don't wanna be S.O.L.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 08:03:59 am »

did you open bodyshop by going start> programs> EA games> Sims 2> Seasons> Bodyshop?

Because that's how you get the latest version of bodyshop that will work with your latest expansion, and could explain why it's not working for you.
I'd recommend deleting your old shortcuts, and making a new one from the seasons bodyshop.
Hope this helps!

DON'T PM ME WITH REQUESTS OR I'LL SEND GERARD WAY AFTER YOU WITH A PITCHFORK.
Now I spit out words, do you see my lungs on the dancefloor?
[/SIZE]
Nik4myth

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 04:59:23 pm »

Try moving your savedsims folder somewhere else and loading bodyshop. Also, maybe try some of the suggestions from this thread.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=62922
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 05:03:29 pm by Nik4myth » Logged

'Draw your dagger, look your opponent in the eye, today my friend is a good day to die.'
monkeynolike

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2007, 10:10:22 pm »

um im not sure if this ios the right place post this but here goes. My bf was on my comp and he did something and now none of my custom content i have downloaded wil show up in body shop. ne ideas?
Kala

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2007, 11:28:20 pm »

I'm glad I saw this thread as I'm having simular problems with my game/body shop.  BTW What's writen in the active title bar when you get error messages?
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 11:12:39 am »

Quote from: monkeynolike;1066333
um im not sure if this ios the right place post this but here goes. My bf was on my comp and he did something and now none of my custom content i have downloaded wil show up in body shop. ne ideas?

It's a better idea to start your own thread rather than bumping someone elses. This problem is completely unrelated to the question Lexx is answering, and won't get the attention it deserves.

Try checking your Downloads folder and make sure there's still cc in there. Is it possible your bf deleted it?

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
lexxia

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 10:36:41 am »

Kala I'm not getting error messages it just kind of disappears from task manager. The interface never loads. It's weird.

MiM I did that too, didn't work of course.

ALso moved SavedSims, nope.

Cynara, where is cigen.package? All that's in my EA games folder is more folders.

THanks so much guys for your help...I know this is really weird.

Call me Lexx, yeah?

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 11:11:02 am »

I had this problem for a bit a few days ago... turned out that there wasn't enough memory for it to stay open.  :doh:  After a simple reboot of the computer and re-deleting all of the cache files that came back, it started up without so much of a fuss.  :shock:

I'm not sure if it'll work for you (if you haven't tried already) but it's worth a shot.  Sometimes, even after Bodyshop respawns the "Groups.cache" file, it'll just keep doing the same thing... but I find that if you restart it without deleting the new version of that file it will also start up just fine 75% of the time.  

I'm just throwing out some random stuff... but after that frustrating period of trying to get my skins finished and Bodyshop being a complete nincompoop, those are some things I seemed to have learned from it.  :smile bi:

Kala

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2007, 02:30:50 pm »

Quote from: lexxia;1069823
Kala I'm not getting error messages it just kind of disappears from task manager. The interface never loads. It's weird.

MiM I did that too, didn't work of course.

ALso moved SavedSims, nope.

Cynara, where is cigen.package? All that's in my EA games folder is more folders.

THanks so much guys for your help...I know this is really weird.

Thanks for the responce.  My main problem is the BV Bodyshop bug.  Your cgen file should be in the same place groops cache is.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2007, 03:41:21 pm »

cigen.package is created by Bodyshop, so if it's never run before with your current EP, you won't have one to delete.  As Tenshii~Akari said, it could be a lack of memory.  Follow her suggestion to reboot, don't run anything else, and if you feel comfortable it killing processes with Task Manager, kill the unnecessary one.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: