Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 12:04:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Base Placement squares disappear  (Read 1374 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
scalad

View Profile
« on: December 24, 2007, 08:36:04 pm »

If you have a look at the pics then you will see my problem. I don't know what to call the green squares that appear when you place the objects. But they disappear when I place them inside the house.  I haven't tried another house yet but I will when I get back from my aunt's house. How can I fix this problem? Yet when outside in the backyard they appear.

Before you say try 50/50 method I have only added two items to the game since I last viewed/played the house. And they were a wall and floor I created. So I think the 50/50 method might not apply.
Although I will try if I can't find another cure. I want to upload this house but can't until I fix this problem.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Merry Christmas!

I have added a couple of pics. The one with the carpet shows no placement squares yet I haven't placed it. The other pic is of the roof. I though it may give a clue as to what might be happening.

This is the only house where this problem occurs.

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:03:21 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

You can upload my creations with your sim or lot or neighbourhood but only to free sites, not the exchange and no paysites. You can credit too if you wish. If a creation I have created has custom content from another artist please ask them for permission first to upload with your neighbourhood. I have all expansions and stuff packs.
scalad

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 06:10:31 pm »

I have had a few responses at modthesims2 about this. http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=264737
 Inge Jones mentioned in the thread: The green placement squares are actually on a sort of mesh themselves, and it is possible that they are lower than the floor covering you have.

How do I fix this? I really want to finish the house and upload it.

You can upload my creations with your sim or lot or neighbourhood but only to free sites, not the exchange and no paysites. You can credit too if you wish. If a creation I have created has custom content from another artist please ask them for permission first to upload with your neighbourhood. I have all expansions and stuff packs.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 08:15:27 pm »

Did you try to replace the floor tiles to see if it would make any difference and use a Maxis default one instead.
scalad

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 02:23:48 am »

Yeah I tried that even though everything in the house is maxis made except for one wall.  I am going to try moving the lot then placing it back and see if that makes a difference. I will try levelling out the lot as well using the levelling tool. Thanks for your reply by the way.

I found the cause of my problem. I have attached two pics. You can see the bamboo placed on two small squares. Those squares are foundations with half walls around them and bamboo placed on them using moveObjects cheat. When I removed the foundation from those two small squares my problem had gone.  So problem solved. Thanks for your help MissDoh!

* snapshot_0000001c_34814d97.jpg (94.76 KB, 600x450 - viewed 220 times.)

* snapshot_0000001c_14814e4b.jpg (80 KB, 600x450 - viewed 165 times.)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 02:52:22 am by scalad » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: